Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Klingon Gameplay
Login

Career Officer
I just got enough Lobi today, thanks to the daily rewards, to buy the Korath uniform in the store. I was going to buy either the Wells uniform or a Ferengi jacket or two, but I already have a good uniform for my FED character and I have no female characters that use all of the Ferengi clothes, so I decided to get the Korath uniform to enlarge my selection of pieces on my KDF characters.

I learned that these uniforms are not account unlocks, which is horrible considering the price of these things. Also, and more importantly, the cool and unique parts of this uniform, which are the collar around the top, gauntlets, sash, boots, and belt, are all stuck in one of four colors, all some type of odd brown or tan color. If you could make these pieces any color, I would love this uniform, because the rest of it it is amazing.

Not everything about it is bad, and with that addition, and maybe some unique shoulder pads (currently none included), it would be a great, futuristic uniform for your KDF characters. It's a good change from the normal uniforms, with old, rough cloth and metal replaced by sleek, shiny material, much like some FED uniforms. A longer top and thicker pants are much better than the short and tight ones normally seen.

If the metallic parts were able to be any other color, and some shoulder pads were added, than this uniform would be perfect, but without that, I cannot get it to match any of my other uniforms, so I either have use this on all my officers and match them, or only use the shirt and pants and hope everything else matches those enough to not look completely stupid.

If anyone has made something of this one, I'd love to see this uniform work, because that's 200 Lobi gone, and now I just have to use it somehow.
Empire Veteran
# 2
11-10-2013, 10:30 PM
I bought mine for EC off of the Exchange, but I agree it's kind of lackluster. I just use the boots and gauntlets because, honestly, KDF options for those suck. The rest of the Korath outfit is okay, but it's definitely not worth 200 lobi (don't the consoles cost 200?).

I will never understand the weird color limitations on many costume pieces, especially on pieces that cost real money to get. Don't they have fabric dyes in the future? And, looking at the LoR Fed/KDF ally gauntlets makes the Korath gauntlets look sad by comparison.

And to be honest, the Korath top is frumpy looking. That overhang in the back makes it look like my toon is wearing a diaper. So I never use it.

The Korath uniform should be in the C-Store for 200 zen.
Star Trek: Online - Now with 100% more dinosaurs!!
Captain
# 3
11-11-2013, 09:17 AM
Actually preferred the Korath uniform to the Wells uniform. As they say, Beauty is in the Eye of the Beholder and Ugliness is too. Got a bunch of Lobi on my Fed and KDF character and bought them on Tribble to determine if I wanted to use this on Holodeck. Using Tribble is the way to avoid Buyer's Remorse since you get to Test Drive things there.
Commander
# 4
11-11-2013, 09:27 AM
I know this is shutting the stable door after the horse has bolted, but in the future transfer your toon(s) over to Tribble and make Lobi purchases there first. It's a chance to try before you buy.
Lt. Commander
# 5
11-11-2013, 09:47 AM
I like it.. I use it on one of my Klingons always. I think it is a nice change from the usual Klingon uniforms of huge shoulders and spikes and plates everywhere. It is a futuristic uniform I would hope that however many hundred years in the future that Klingons would have all stopped dressing like football players from hell.
Captain
# 6
11-11-2013, 01:00 PM
I do agree that those costume purchases should be account wide rather than character only. If you were spending EC for costumes, then I could understand it. Paying Lobi for only one character to use them is garbage.
Captain
# 7
11-11-2013, 01:06 PM
I love the outfit I think its really good, mix it with the fleet uniform an it looks very good. Brought mine for about 16 million ec so even better.
Lieutenant
# 8
11-11-2013, 03:43 PM
I'm looking forward to the Voth trooper outfit for my hulking Gorn tac officer, but yeah, agree that some of the lobi clothing are vastly overpriced. And some just need to be combined into one package, like the warrior skirts.
Captain
# 9
11-11-2013, 06:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by starsider32485 View Post
I'm looking forward to the Voth trooper outfit for my hulking Gorn tac officer, but yeah, agree that some of the lobi clothing are vastly overpriced. And some just need to be combined into one package, like the warrior skirts.
Hell, if they sold them individually as an account wide unlock, I would shell out the cash for it. Price doesn't bother me. Doing it for each and every character does. I would rather pay ONCE for an item and be done with it.
Lt. Commander
# 10
11-11-2013, 06:47 PM
I have to disagree with the OP. I rather like the Korath uniform. It looks much better than the Wells uniform Fed-side. I don't mind it being a character-only unlock since I only play one of my characters. The other 4 are doff farmers.

I do agree that it (and the Bortasqu' uniform) need shoulder pads. The Bortasqu' uniform needs a lot of things but that is a different topic all together.

I will be picking up the Voth uniform in the Voth box. It says that it can be mixed with other parts, so I'm hoping the shoulders will work well with the Korath/Bortasqu' uniforms.
Current ship/builds:
KDF Tac: Bortasqu' Tactical
Fed Tac: Fleet Gal-X

Keep those big guns a-thunderin'