Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Klingon Gameplay
Login

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Commander
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 415
# 31
10-10-2013, 02:42 PM
Not a glorious run for our Empire in the most unbalanced game in MMO history in terms of faction's content.

If Cryptic acted more like Blizzard, BioWare or AreaNet with their games and the factions in them... maybe Cryptic they would have more of a fan base instead driving people out which they're doing to Klingon fans.
Empire Veteran
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 1,056
# 32
10-10-2013, 02:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecosmic1 View Post
I didn't bother to read what you posted beyond this, as I always know what you're writing on these forum, anyway, but I did want to address this. PW owns the forum, not Cryptic, so stop blaming them for not being able to write A.ION. It has nothing to do with Cryptic Studios.
Then it is your loss, Cryptic should be listening to khemaraa, a long time fan of this game and a customer no less who has become so disenchanted with the game that he is taking his business elsewhere. What kind of a half arsed business are they running here? If I ignored a portion of my customer base in my job my ass would get laid off.
toDuj 'oS rol.
Career Officer
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 181
# 33
10-10-2013, 03:26 PM
FYI, this MMO is solely the basis of the Federation Empire and the species they encounter as with the movies, all of the series. Little was ever known about the empire, based off movies. For PW or Cryptic to speculate to the future of the Klingon or what to create, can you say 'flying blind'? For people to say they are disenheartened because the klingon faction has halted as, can you say 'duh!' Honestly, what do you all expect them to do, pull some magical story line out of thin air? But let's look here, hmm you have 2 other factions you can play! Then on top of that, you want more? After Cryptic, nerfed quite of few powers FAW, RSP, PH, the ablative armor, and countless weapons and consoles that were scaled back to appease to the EPIC screams on the forums from Klingon players.

Fact, Cryptic nor PW probably and after 2 years, it shows they've passed that faction a bone or two. But again, the Federation is what produces cashflow AND their pork pie. The shows/movies are about the legends of the Federation, not Klingons. So, until 'Klingon Trek' is released , adapt as I did with 3 maxed out Klingons, a tier 5 Klingon shipyard our Klingon fleet was forced to move over to the Federation side, instead of calling it quits. Children quit, real MMO players learn, adapt and keep something they love alive...
Survivor of Romulus
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 4,746
# 34
10-10-2013, 03:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by koppenflak View Post
When you say OP, do you mean the first thread's OP, or this one? Bubbly is still around...
I meant the OP of the first 'Disenchanted' thread, that's why I said "the original OP". I do see bubblygumsworth lurking around, but I haven't seen weylandjuarez post in a long time.
Show your support for the Revamped Galaxy Class Exploration Cruiser here!
Empire Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 6,757
# 35
10-10-2013, 05:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by abfabfleet View Post
FYI, this MMO is solely the basis of the Federation Empire and the species they encounter as with the movies, all of the series. Little was ever known about the empire, based off movies. For PW or Cryptic to speculate to the future of the Klingon or what to create, can you say 'flying blind'? For people to say they are disenheartened because the klingon faction has halted as, can you say 'duh!' Honestly, what do you all expect them to do, pull some magical story line out of thin air? But let's look here, hmm you have 2 other factions you can play! Then on top of that, you want more? After Cryptic, nerfed quite of few powers FAW, RSP, PH, the ablative armor, and countless weapons and consoles that were scaled back to appease to the EPIC screams on the forums from Klingon players.

Fact, Cryptic nor PW probably and after 2 years, it shows they've passed that faction a bone or two. But again, the Federation is what produces cashflow AND their pork pie. The shows/movies are about the legends of the Federation, not Klingons. So, until 'Klingon Trek' is released , adapt as I did with 3 maxed out Klingons, a tier 5 Klingon shipyard our Klingon fleet was forced to move over to the Federation side, instead of calling it quits. Children quit, real MMO players learn, adapt and keep something they love alive...
Go read the old forums and see it was not the KDF that got any of those powers nerfed but in fact a mixture of many players who knew broken when they saw it. 100% accuratevFaw, RSP so strong nothing but SNB could stop it, SNB so strong nothing could counter it, MACO shields that gave 90% immunity to dammage but many of the consoles of the KDF where nerfed due to fed outcry because they could not adapt.
Hell bells, your faction had the gall to cry foul of the KDF even when they where strictly a PVP faction to the point the Devs created Fed v Fed ques just to appease you and you call us whiney for wanting a better level of gameplay for our fandom in the same IP.
Just how much fed koolaid have you drunk to be so wrapped in your elitism?

As to Cryptic pull a magical storyline out of thin air, they already have. Or did you think any of the current story in STO follows any canon logic with alien ships in lockboxes flown fed captains or the Felk'liri attacking Qo'nos. Its all magical and made up from scraps thrown together to sell you more virtual reality Star Trek stuff.

The KDF could go back to the days of openly harrassing and belittling the Devs in our anger and outrage at still being treated like crap in a game we want to enjoy but no some came up with the brilliant idea of bring merely disenchanted and quietly stating our grieviences.
Quiet that is until yet another arrogant fed koolaid swiller like yourself has the gall to come and rub our noses in it.
We where in organised and respectful place of disenchantment until you and your ilk showed your true faces again and you have the audacity to blaim us?
Your sir and the arrogant fans like you are what makes this game unpleasant and have turned into one large fed self jerkfest to any who does not wish to join your circle and share your koolaid while disrobing.
Roy Hatch (stryker) soldier, friend, and good man.
1945-2014
RIP
Career Officer
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 181
# 36
10-10-2013, 06:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bitemepwe View Post
Go read the old forums and see it was not the KDF that got any of those powers nerfed but in fact a mixture of many players who knew broken when they saw it. 100% accuratevFaw, RSP so strong nothing but SNB could stop it, SNB so strong nothing could counter it, MACO shields that gave 90% immunity to dammage but many of the consoles of the KDF where nerfed due to fed outcry because they could not adapt.
Hell bells, your faction had the gall to cry foul of the KDF even when they where strictly a PVP faction to the point the Devs created Fed v Fed ques just to appease you and you call us whiney for wanting a better level of gameplay for our fandom in the same IP.
Just how much fed koolaid have you drunk to be so wrapped in your elitism?

The KDF could go back to the days of openly harrassing and belittling the Devs in our anger and outrage at still being treated like crap in a game we want to enjoy but no some came up with the brilliant idea of bring merely disenchanted and quietly stating our grieviences.
Quiet that is until yet another arrogant fed koolaid swiller like yourself has the gall to come and rub our noses in it.
We where in organised and respectful place of disenchantment until you and your ilk showed your true faces again and you have the audacity to blaim us?
Your sir and the arrogant fans like you are what makes this game unpleasant and have turned into one large fed self jerkfest to any who does not wish to join your circle and share your koolaid while disrobing.
The post wasn't to disturb anyone, it was to show we adapted until such point in time PW/Cryptic is willing to put forth more into KDF. By replying negatively, shows your discourse take it up with calling PWE or Cryptic, before calling anyone arrogant, the post was to show adaptation because we knew no one was listening then. Elitism, re-read the post.. with the attitude you have presented it explains why they choose not to hear our cry for KDF help. I think WoW can help with that. Enjoy.
Lieutenant
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 58
# 37
10-10-2013, 11:16 PM
Qapla'! I am too sad that KDF aren't getting as much love as the Feds, a pity really
Qapla'!
Lieutenant
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 72
# 38
10-10-2013, 11:51 PM
Seriously. If the devs are 'stuck' on what to make as KDF ships, then why not take a look into ALMOST EVERY fan art design on the web. I've seen (on deviantart) hundreds of sketches. Even google images gives fanart. That is not saying to blatantly copy the designs, but rather use the designs as inspiration. It's that simple.
That addresses the 'issue' of no kdf designs, now for getting them to make more kdf content. instead of simply complaining, how about we actually give well thought out ideas?
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 298
# 39
10-11-2013, 12:11 AM
It all boils down to this BiteMePWE-

Most feds suck at pvp in this game and the few pvers that have tried to pvp against KDF get their collective kirk wannabe butts kicked all the way back to care bear cloud nine. So, they resent us, they hate us, and they cant stand us.. thats why they come to our side of the forums in DROVES.

They <feds> dont care about continuity or the survival of the KDF faction, they just know that this is where we are.. and this is the one place they can talk smack without getting blown up 23,000 times in game for it

-Disclaimer this does not apply to ALL feds.. merely the ones on here and in game pointlessly ragin/trolling at a certain group of ppl merely due to a make beleive faction existing to which they are opposed in virtual medium.



Yeah, that's right.
Survivor of Romulus
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 555
# 40
10-11-2013, 02:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by abfabfleet View Post
FYI, this MMO is solely the basis of the Federation Empire and the species they encounter as with the movies, all of the series. Little was ever known about the empire, based off movies. For PW or Cryptic to speculate to the future of the Klingon or what to create, can you say 'flying blind'? For people to say they are disenheartened because the klingon faction has halted as, can you say 'duh!' Honestly, what do you all expect them to do, pull some magical story line out of thin air? But let's look here, hmm you have 2 other factions you can play! Then on top of that, you want more? After Cryptic, nerfed quite of few powers FAW, RSP, PH, the ablative armor, and countless weapons and consoles that were scaled back to appease to the EPIC screams on the forums from Klingon players.

Fact, Cryptic nor PW probably and after 2 years, it shows they've passed that faction a bone or two. But again, the Federation is what produces cashflow AND their pork pie. The shows/movies are about the legends of the Federation, not Klingons. So, until 'Klingon Trek' is released , adapt as I did with 3 maxed out Klingons, a tier 5 Klingon shipyard our Klingon fleet was forced to move over to the Federation side, instead of calling it quits. Children quit, real MMO players learn, adapt and keep something they love alive...
Actually, the entire storyline of STO was pulled out of mid-air... so was TNG, DS9 and Voyager And I think you'll find the Klingons had several major storylines in DS9 (Apocalypse Rising, Way of the Warrior, The Sword of Kahless, Sons of Mogh, Rules of Engagement, Looking for par'Mach in All the Wrong Places, Soldiers of the Empire, Sons and Daughters) and plenty in TNG (A Matter of Honour, Sins of the Father, Reunion, Redemption I and II) and I could go on with TOS and Voyager. How many fans dress up as Klingons at conventions? How many people speak Klingon? Yeah, the Klingons are really not a popular choice are they?

But I digress... we are not asking for massive expanded storyline content. Tweaks to existing content sure, but feds ask for that too.

We are asking for stuff to be put in the C-store for the KDF so we can buy it and improve the cashflow for Cryptic. You, however, fail to read what has been printed and instead attack OUR fandom by saying we should "move over to the Federation side" as your entire Klingon fleet did (really, you all upped-sticks and quit playing KDF so you could have the toys, because that's what you have written) Here's what I think of that suggestion... http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_sa80lxVU79...sa-ybetor1.jpg
You are correct... real MMO players learn and adapt, as the KDF have done for years, and we keep our love of the KDF alive by not quitting and playing Fed-side instead. Children, by the way, don't quit so much as throw their toys out of the pram (like quitting a KDF fleet and playing Fed instead)
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:57 AM.