Lieutenant
Emo and Teamwork, OK, not bad, but she's still a purple and I expect more...

Is this normal?
Rihannsu
# 2
09-21-2013, 03:44 PM
For Trill, yes.

Quality has no bearing on how many traits a doff has, and some races have less than others. :/
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Captain
# 3
09-22-2013, 03:45 PM
It can happen; on one of my characters, I have a Purple Quality Conn Officer... with only one trait (Telepathic).
Lieutenant
# 4
09-22-2013, 05:16 PM
And there can be whites with five or six traits... unusual, yes, but still there... and so sad to find. *laugh*
Captain
# 5
09-22-2013, 05:35 PM
Yeah, but purples like this're great to toss into low-importance assignments where traits don't really matter, like "Turn Over Contraband".
Captain
# 6
09-22-2013, 10:58 PM
It doesn't matter how many traits they have, it matters what those traits are. Hunter and Prok only have Aggressive and Efficient...but they're still marvelous doffs you always want to have more of. Conversely, it's possible to have a doff with 5 or more traits, ALL OF THEM CRAP.
Rihannsu
# 7
09-23-2013, 07:40 AM
The number of traits a doff can have depends on the species, not rarity.
Captain
# 8
09-23-2013, 09:00 AM
I have a purple that only has the one spiritual trait

http://i.imgur.com/bzieNWc.jpg

so there.
Vice Admiral Rylana - U.S.S. DNT Omega X || Vice Admiral Lyzara - I.R.W. DNT Omicron X
Vice Admiral Kailiana - R.R.W. DNT Theta X || Vice Admiral Talina - I.R.W. DNT Tau X
Vice Admiral Victoria - U.S.S. DNT Upsilon X || Lt. General Dannika - I.K.S. DNT Sigma X
Vice Admiral Shondra - R.R.W. DNT Alpha X || Lt. General Rosanna - I.K.S. DNT Iota X
=== Vice Squad/House of Tlhap-Jen ===

Last edited by rylanadionysis; 09-23-2013 at 09:05 AM.
Captain
# 9
09-23-2013, 09:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by warpangel View Post
The number of traits a doff can have depends on the species, not rarity.
Not necessarily. I've seen Betazoid duty officers like a green quality Security Officer with four traits - telepathic, unscrupulos, teamwork and tactful...

But I've also got, as mentioned, a purple quality Betazoid Conn Officer with only the telepathic trait.

Honestly, trait arrangements to me seem completely random in most cases beyond 'species required' traits like Telepathic Betazoids, Logical/Telepathic Vulcans, Honorable Klingons, Jem'hadar with Shroud, etc...
Rihannsu
# 10
09-23-2013, 08:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by turbomagnus View Post
Not necessarily. I've seen Betazoid duty officers like a green quality Security Officer with four traits - telepathic, unscrupulos, teamwork and tactful...

But I've also got, as mentioned, a purple quality Betazoid Conn Officer with only the telepathic trait.

Honestly, trait arrangements to me seem completely random in most cases beyond 'species required' traits like Telepathic Betazoids, Logical/Telepathic Vulcans, Honorable Klingons, Jem'hadar with Shroud, etc...
It's not completely random, some species never get certain traits, and some species only get certain traits when paired with specific other traits. Example: humans typically get aggressive and stubborn as a pair. Bajorans don't have aggressive or unruly unless they have both. Deltans never seem to have unruly at all, or aggressive or stubborn.

double check that betazoid to make sure it's a random doff and not one you got from Ferra.
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.