Login

Notices

Closed Thread

Career Officer
# 21
09-21-2013, 07:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by galaxyrider0 View Post
People come here, read my Post, ignore that it is about bugs and assume that I'm a Newbie player...

AGAIN: The mission is bugged! Not me! ok?

I know everything about grouping, how to do the mission, build and etc... the issue was with the mission.

I've played this mission more than 30 times, this is the first time I face such bugs, perhaps the mission went broken after this week update.
Not ignoring anything. Even made a thread about the 'Failed' issue myself, the other day. But you wouldn't be the first one popping a Cube too early (when the team can't handle the DPS), and then post about getting totally overwhelmed by the Raptors, and cry foul.

Got into a Failed mission only once today; after that, when I got in okay, the missions played out as usual, with no apparent abnormalities (though, I must admit, I did not try to shoot the Cube immediately).
Lieutenant
# 22
09-22-2013, 01:42 PM
Irrespective of if someone is going public or private for their games. (I am 98% public to meet new and interesting players - hmm perhaps that is one reason why its referred to as mmorpg?) or if they are a noob or the most experienced player ever.

The question is in the statement. The STF mission referred to as Cure, to obtain Omega Marks is Broken.

Specifically, when the mission is failed, you are unable to leave the mission anymore without doing so manually and incurring an automatic 1hr ban from playing any other game, public OR private.

So yes. People have played. People haven't had issue. Good for them. BUT there are probably (from the general sounds of things atm at least 5-1) who HAVE been caught by this new nasty little bug.

In reality, for those who have come here and specified most decisively that this mission
IS NOT BROKEN.... Um well, ahh yeah it has NEVER worked correctly and has had to be fixed on numerous occasions, stemming from its initial launch and appearance as part of the STF end game sequence. Where it was all about finding random drops of Rare Prototype stuff to buy the matching gear.

It has ALWAYS been broken in some way shape or form. Just NOW it is a fresh problem. and is actually having a serious impact on the games playability in general.

SO for the topic at hand. Yes... Yes it is broken. Many have encountered this problem. Many are complaining about it. It does seem to have arisen following the update to tweak the audio on the quad cannons... and add a forgotten about hanger to the new Romluan warbird (must not have been selling enough of em to the kiddies :-s)

Prior to this time, I had not personally encountered a problem with it. Hopefully it will be looked at and fixed soon, so then everyone can go back to accusing each other of not knowing how to play or of stuffing it up, whilst the rest of us real people enjoy playing once again rather than being stuck here talking bout it, because we CANT risk playing these missions ATM in case we get caught out. That happens from time to time, usually no big.. but now. People are getting screwed and punished for actually playing the game.

That is what needs to be fixed. (and yes hopefully they will re-address the one kill super invisi torps and hyper rapters etc etc etc along the way.... BWUH HAHAHAHAHA Yeah right).
Career Officer
# 23
09-22-2013, 01:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by meimeitoo View Post
Oh, it's broken alright, Jim, but not as you know it. CSE sometimes (lately far more than other times, has you join a Failed mission). Other than that, it's 'Working as intended.'
Failed Mission? or Failed Optional? Big Difference... If it is a failed optional, the mission can still be completed, and most likely someone warped out... and the queue (as it is intended to do) filled the open spot with another player.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------Star Trek Online, Now with out the Trek....
Lieutenant
# 24
09-22-2013, 01:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny111971 View Post
Failed Mission? or Failed Optional? Big Difference... If it is a failed optional, the mission can still be completed, and most likely someone warped out... and the queue (as it is intended to do) filled the open spot with another player.
Definitely Failed Mission - NOT failed optional(agreed BIG difference).

Nope. - This is about you not being giving the option to leave the map without incurring a penalty at the completion of the mission.

I specific, when the mission has been failed, and there is nothing more to do... (Kang went kablewy)....

Am unsure if it affects if the mission is completed successfully or not. Have not heard any specific feedback on that point, but from the huffing and puffing of those screaming no its not broken at all, am guessing its fine in that regard.

The being dragged into a game, with a blown optional. Yeah it does happen, sometimes its annoying. But hey, u go public u get what u deserve and suck it up.

Nope this is all about being sucked into a dead game, like the Tholian or Borg Sector Encounters where u hit the red alert button, jump in to find the game is all done and dusted and u get booted out straight away again. Only this case is not booting you out OR letting you leave without punishing you.
Career Officer
# 25
09-22-2013, 01:55 PM
Gotcha... in those instance... absolutely broken.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------Star Trek Online, Now with out the Trek....
Captain
# 26
09-22-2013, 02:29 PM
Just got pulled into this mission for 2nd time and it is already fail. I leave and I get the penalty. How incompetent can this dev group be to keep introducing issues like this?

I mean I have done this mission countless times over so many months and this has never happened until recently. It is not like there is an embarrassing amount of content for us to do. They delayed their silly little FE ... making it more than 4 months since LoR. Shame is all I have to say. Test your code before you put it on live.

Sorry for the negativity but the "cup runneth over" with Cryptic.
Captain
# 27
09-22-2013, 02:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tequilla56 View Post
Definitely Failed Mission - NOT failed optional(agreed BIG difference).

Nope. - This is about you not being giving the option to leave the map without incurring a penalty at the completion of the mission.

I specific, when the mission has been failed, and there is nothing more to do... (Kang went kablewy)....

Am unsure if it affects if the mission is completed successfully or not. Have not heard any specific feedback on that point, but from the huffing and puffing of those screaming no its not broken at all, am guessing its fine in that regard.

The being dragged into a game, with a blown optional. Yeah it does happen, sometimes its annoying. But hey, u go public u get what u deserve and suck it up.

Nope this is all about being sucked into a dead game, like the Tholian or Borg Sector Encounters where u hit the red alert button, jump in to find the game is all done and dusted and u get booted out straight away again. Only this case is not booting you out OR letting you leave without punishing you.
This!!! Before trolls and fanbois come in here telling us things are all okay read this person's post!

This is 2nd ESTF that is now broken. Hive Onslaught is completely foobar even on normal despite the so called hot fix.

Last edited by macronius; 09-22-2013 at 02:53 PM.
Captain
# 28
09-22-2013, 02:33 PM
I can't even join Azurre which has nothing to do with STF. Beyond stupid Cryptic ... beyond stupid is all I have to say.
Captain
# 29
09-22-2013, 02:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by macronius View Post
This!!! Before trolls and fanbois come in here telling us things are all okay read this person's post!

This is 2nd ESTF that is now broken. Hive Onslaught is completely foobar even on normal desptie the so called hot fix.
I pretty much have not pugged it for days now, since pugging it basically risking a 1hr penalty now if the mission is a fail. It's one thing to fail a mission and not be able to play that mission for an hour.. it's a completely different thing to fail that mission and not be able to join ANY queue for an hour.
LtGen. Mara Navar, IKS Rozhenko, Mogh Battle-Cruiser (Orion, KDF Tactical Officer)
VADM T'Prel Movar, RRW Imperator Scimitar Warbird (Fed-Romulan Tactical Officer) - Commissar - Fleet Executive Officer Armageddon Steel Legion
VADM Genestra, USS Audacious, Venture-X Dreadnaught (Betazoid, Fed Engineering Officer)
VADM Lenara Jomm, USS Heraclitus, Vesta Class (Joined Trill, Fed Science Officer)
Captain
# 30
09-22-2013, 02:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tekehd View Post
I pretty much have not pugged it for days now, since pugging it basically risking a 1hr penalty now if the mission is a fail. It's one thing to fail a mission and not be able to play that mission for an hour.. it's a completely different thing to fail that mission and not be able to join ANY queue for an hour.
I guess lesson learned. If these kinds of bug don't qualify for hot fixes ... I mean real hot fixes that actually resolve the problem I don't know what will. This literally prevents someone from playing the game for 1 hour.
Closed Thread