Captain
Simple suggestion here, When in sector space and you open the map and plot a course to a planet or another sector do not have the other sectors pop up asking if you want to go there. Example exit ESD and plot a course for Beta Ursea do not have Delta Volanis sector pop up asking you you want to go there.

Those get annoying when you are wanting to go to a specific sector and they are a time waster when the ship stops, and especialy if you are at the border of 2 sectors and click the go button and end up in the wrong one.
"I'm drunk, whats your excuse for being an idiot?" - Unknown drunk man.
Captain
# 2
09-21-2013, 02:22 PM
/signed
/10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramming Speed at its finest.
[Combat (Self)] Your Ramming Speed III deals 158125 (201492) Kinetic Damage(Critical) to [Player's Scimitar].
We are the Borg. Irrelevancy is irrelevant. ~ Cry OP, and let slip the devs of nerf!
Check out my STO Youtube channel!
Why are you hovering over my signature? Play my mission! :-)
Rihannsu
# 3
09-21-2013, 03:04 PM
That'd be nice...

I'd also like the vaguely related concept of just fluttering straight to your destination.
By this I mean essentially watching a cutscene of your ship flying at warp, optional of course. This would take the same amount of time as navigating there conventionally, but would remove the inconvenience of clicking through sectors, and dodging around people.

Also ideally it'd feature lots of nice camera angles of your ship, like you get in replays in lots of racing games

Sweeping up your warbirds wing, swinging round the neck in front of your head, before falling back behind you and tracking you for a while... (that looked better in my mind than it sounds in writing )
# 4
09-21-2013, 03:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by similon View Post
snip
Only if that is optional because thats when I do allot of doffing and inventory checking.
Captain
# 5
09-21-2013, 03:51 PM
+1 to improved mapping/nav options with less stalls
Rihannsu
# 6
09-21-2013, 04:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jetwtf View Post
Only if that is optional because thats when I do allot of doffing and inventory checking.
I refer you to the first paragraph

Quote:
I'd also like the vaguely related concept of just fluttering straight to your destination.
By this I mean essentially watching a cutscene of your ship flying at warp, optional of course. This would take the same amount of time as navigating there conventionally, but would remove the inconvenience of clicking through sectors, and dodging around people.
# 7
09-21-2013, 04:18 PM
Quote:
I refer you to the first paragraph
Yeah I saw that but making sure any Dev that reads it is reminded that you said optional. Some game developers work hard on something then make sure everyone has to view it even if they don't want to.
Career Officer
# 8
09-21-2013, 04:26 PM
Quote:

Those get annoying when you are wanting to go to a specific sector and they are a time waster when the ship stops, and especialy if you are at the border of 2 sectors and click the go button and end up in the wrong one.
So why haven't you gone into your 'control' options, and enable 'Keep moving during contact dialogs' ???

This is a very useful options, with it, it stops those dialog boxes from stopping you in your tracks as you try to run away from that last warp core breech explosion. And I can work on my Doff assignments while traveling through sector space to my destination...
Captain
# 9
09-21-2013, 06:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by grouchyotaku View Post
So why haven't you gone into your 'control' options, and enable 'Keep moving during contact dialogs' ???

This is a very useful options, with it, it stops those dialog boxes from stopping you in your tracks as you try to run away from that last warp core breech explosion. And I can work on my Doff assignments while traveling through sector space to my destination...
Because I prefer having that option shut off for everything else and everything else is more important than sector travel. Turning the option on and off for sector travel is not an option since we have enough time wasters already.

Having it stop you or even ask you if you want to go to another sector when you plot a course and tell the game to go to a different one to begin with makes absolutely no sense and should be fixed just on the reason alone.
Commander
# 10
09-21-2013, 07:38 PM
Quote:
Simple suggestion here, When in sector space and you open the map and plot a course to a planet or another sector do not have the other sectors pop up asking if you want to go there. Example exit ESD and plot a course for Beta Ursea do not have Delta Volanis sector pop up asking you you want to go there.

I hate this with a passion. I give the order to set course for Beta Ursae sector after I leave Earth Space Dock and you always bump into the Delta Volanis exit when you set that course. As soon as you bump into that exit your BOFF crew stops the ship and asks if you want to go to Delta Volanis. I thought I just gave the order for them to set course for Beta Ursae and no where in that order did I say I wanted to stop at Delta Volanis!!!!

Please just make them follow MY orders...lol