Commander
# 11
09-22-2013, 01:46 AM
i don't see why the map cant be one huge map rather than tiny little blocks with barely anyone in them,

that and it would also be nice if with the idea of setting course to a system you could just open up a small search box type in a system name or part of one and have it come up with that system name or systems with 3 or more of the letters you typed and then you can just right click and set destination.
"...just look at my track record for making the improvements that I said we would with the KDF and judge by that." - Dan Stahl
Lt. Commander
# 12
09-22-2013, 02:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by grtiggy View Post
i don't see why the map cant be one huge map rather than tiny little blocks with barely anyone in them,

that and it would also be nice if with the idea of setting course to a system you could just open up a small search box type in a system name or part of one and have it come up with that system name or systems with 3 or more of the letters you typed and then you can just right click and set destination.
Main reason would be resources. Everyone would be on one giant map then. so all the hanger on AFKrs by DS9 for example would clog the entire server and not just Beta Urse.

As to the suggestion of setting the course I like it but I wouldn't mind if it was a mix of what was suggested. Ignore non tagged sectors but still travel through sectors to get there. EX: EST to New Rom. Travel to Regulus sector then to Tau Dewa as per normal just ignoring pop ups about other sectors along the way. This allows for the inventory and DOFF assignments to be done BUT also allows you to get where you're going if for example like I do you use the travel time to do things like eat and get a fresh beverage. That way you're not forced to zone and wait again you can be traveling from A to B in normal time and yet still get everything else done too. Another great example of this would be after freeing the Changeling and heading back to DS9. Being able to set it and let it run you through the zones automatically would allow many to actually get up for some needed stretching I'm sure.
Captain
# 13
09-22-2013, 06:05 PM
Thats a good suggestion as well. Add the abuility to plot a course across sectors and have it automaticaly load the next sector until you arrive at the destination. That way people could go grab some food, use the restroom, or read the forums while slow traveling. But theres a downside and thats the larger crowds of ships idling at popular destinations rather than some idling at sector borders. If they do add that then they will need to make the maps larger and increase sector travel speed as well as make ships/stars smaller in sector space which honestly I think would just be an overall improvement.
"I'm drunk, whats your excuse for being an idiot?" - Unknown drunk man.