Lt. Commander
# 31
01-27-2010, 06:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonLord View Post
Sigh, Updates are free. They will announce when an expansion will be added, and like all expansions, there may be a charge, but that is further down the road.
EVE doesn't charge for expansions - at least not in the last 3 years that I've been playing.
Lt. Commander
# 32
01-27-2010, 07:00 PM
Sounds like a start...
Lt. Commander
# 33
01-27-2010, 07:01 PM
The community will drive the game... The simple part about all this is if the game is fun it will be fun....If its not there is a problem... There are those that are quite fond of star trek so in fact cryptic feels they have a great base or pool of potential customers but like anything passion can turn to hate quite sharply ...
Lt. Commander
# 34
01-27-2010, 07:02 PM
I'm pretty sure the 5 man raid team will be increased at a later point. I'm guessing right now it's because of server stability. To kind of get a "feel" for how the server holds up when these fights are taking place everywhere. There will be several instances of same raid zone where players will be doing them all day long especially if there's no lock-out timer. But anyways we shall wait and see.

Regarding skill cap, give it a rest please. I don't see what the big deal is about? I mean for those that are complaining it just seems silly that you want every skill in the game and you probably fear any real challenge. Right now the way it is it's working so no need to make a change to the skillpoint system especially so soon. Perhaps a year or two down the line if all goes well they can expand on that or something. For now, just enjoy the fact that the game has come this far and is FINALLY ready for launch. I've been following this game for a long time and just happy that it's at a stage where we can finally play.
Lt. Commander
# 35
01-27-2010, 07:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RonPimpster
Wow. NOTHING about SKILL CAP. UNBELIEVEABLE!

rant rant rant

Just a hunch, but I'm guessing you don't like the skill cap.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rtinallentx View Post
EVE doesn't charge for expansions - at least not in the last 3 years that I've been playing.
Because CCP is their own publisher and doesn't have anyone sucking them dry milking the playerbase like a cow. In some cases the publisher only has a few years before rights revert, or other reasons why they do things to maximize short-term returns at the expense of the title.

It's certainly happened enough before.
Lt. Commander
# 36
01-27-2010, 07:04 PM
Thanks for the update Craig!
Lt. Commander
# 37
01-27-2010, 07:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lasteran
I would trust them more if they offered the lifetime subscription 2 months after release....
Just an FYI, there will be lifetime subs available after release... The price just goes up a bit.

Edited for being wayyyy too damn tired and my innate inability to type...
Lt. Commander
# 38
01-27-2010, 07:06 PM
10 / 10. Go go lifetime sub!!
Lt. Commander
# 39
01-27-2010, 07:06 PM
Great Stuff!!

Can't ever have enough Content or Customizations. I for one am all for running into Unique vessels so I don't look like every other kid on the block.

Just keep it coming Cryptic and you can keep my money
Lt. Commander
# 40 State of Game
01-27-2010, 07:08 PM
The game as so much promise and I feel Cryptic can do the game justice. I am willing to give them time to iron out bugs and introduce new content. I am really happy to hear about the test server. This will be a great place to test out new content and help eliminate potential bugs.
I am hoping that the 5 person episodes are just instances that high level toons can run when not raiding. High level full fleet raids might not be fully introduced for months to come. See you all on February 2, 2010. May Star Trek Online for years and years.