Lt. Commander
# 391
02-14-2010, 12:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indicious
Wonder if they'll add another "week or two" to our subscriptions? This is bs. Why don't developers finish setting up a game before they haphazardly throw it on the store shelf for $50+? Also, didn't they label this an "unexpected downtime"? Wouldn't that suggest that the server CRASHED and they don't know why? Yay! No more Cryptic games for me.
Well every mmo has gone thru this and no ever got weeks put on to sub sept maybe a few games. btw you only paied 40$ unless you got the collector's edition for 60.
Lt. Commander
# 392 are u kidding
02-14-2010, 12:36 PM
this is bs i have had this game 2 days and the server has failed 3 time wtf how are u going to charge a monthly fee if u cant get ur crap togther i only have a couple hours here and there that i can play y the f!@# should i pay u two play u dont buy game going well i hope i can play today i only spent 55 buck on the game and i am paying 15 bucks a month but i really hope i can play today
Lt. Commander
# 393
02-14-2010, 12:38 PM
yes show gratitude for this crashing-chaos-mess instead, and rejoice the fact that today, we all got to stare at our ceiling like noone else.

Just kidding. this is actually me complaining in a nice way
Lt. Commander
# 394
02-14-2010, 12:42 PM
Well... I'm new here, I bought the game played it for a couple days...

but the down time is difficult..

and closing the downtime thread because the servers are up... but yet the servers are still down.. but still keeping the downtime thread closed... and no updates or expected return time, has got me a lil irked.

I know games have issues in the beginning and everyone cries about paid beta and "it's not ready for retail" type things... maybe they are right, or maybe it's just a developer's culture with investor pressures. I don't really care... but I do KNOW that every eastern developed game I've played (as in from korea, china, japan) everything runs smooth.

Cryptic got some cash out of me... but I'm moving on. Best wishes to all of you and your server.

One more thing... "server" is the code word for "special ed developers")
Lt. Commander
# 395
02-14-2010, 12:42 PM
Woe is Me..

As a 8 year veteran of MMOG's..
I have had the opertunity to see, Oh SO many (" Start-up's ) of the venue.. I personally Feel that our Belove STO is
Liken to many NEW venture's in Data management..

DEBUG the software..

Stress test's of the Network,

Stress test's thru the Data Base

Simulations up on Smulations

The List Goes on.. as we all are payed subscriber's, for Gawd's sake's we should expect " outages " as the Dev's tweak and tune the software.

I figure it's more of the overhelming client barrage that came to Interact with Cryiptic's " New Toy " Just dont think the folk's in " Charge of the Budget " were ready for such a Onslaught of Player base Numbers all hampering to " Connect " to the ( Game ).

So before everybody go's off on a " Witch Hunt "

Let the ( DEV's and TECH's ) Do there JOB.. and Poke the Bug's OUT, and get the software stabel
Gawd Know's, they allready seen what's waiting behind the " Network Switche's "..

So Let the Good folks work thier magic, and sit back and watch some old School ( TV ) while Cryptic, Lend's thier fix

Cheer's
SyGan
Lt. Commander
# 396
02-14-2010, 12:49 PM
This game is down more than a Las Vegas Hooker. I purchased this game yesterday and since then I've had 3 BSD and the server has gone down about 4 times. This is total BS. It is obvious that they didn't test their game enough. They just want the money and give us junk. When World of ******** started it worked great. Yeah a few bugs but not like this game. This is so sad. They expected millions of people to play this game and now they have many, many bugs. Heck, they can't even keep the loggin server or the play server up. This should be free to play until they fix it where it only goes down once a week for maintenance. Just another example of how companies have no concept of truth, justice, or the american way.
Lt. Commander
# 397
02-14-2010, 12:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lexxon View Post
This game is down more than a Las Vegas Hooker. I purchased this game yesterday and since then I've had 3 BSD and the server has gone down about 4 times. This is total BS. It is obvious that they didn't test their game enough. They just want the money and give us junk. When World of ******** started it worked great. Yeah a few bugs but not like this game. This is so sad. They expected millions of people to play this game and now they have many, many bugs. Heck, they can't even keep the loggin server or the play server up. This should be free to play until they fix it where it only goes down once a week for maintenance. Just another example of how companies have no concept of truth, justice, or the American way.

I hate to correct ya here.. but Wow was down more then this has been so far.. heck I remember them taking the servers down and then it being down for days. Even now I see so many down times with wow. Not as much as when it first started but there are still some.

STO is one of the better start-ups I have seen in the last 15 years.. Sure there is no announcing when the servers are going to be taken down, which kind of bothers me. I would like to know if I have time to do a mission or not or just shoot at something.

Need to check you facts though.. I imagine many of us have played wow and some more have been with wow since it started. and a few since wow beta. We all remember the times it was down.

Cryptic keep up the good work.. but place announce in game before taking down the servers. (my only complaint so far.)

Oh I know .. Crptic.. Reset all the accounts and make everyone (including me) start over.. (like this would ever happen, They value their customers enough that they would go in and manually edit the DB before doing that)
Lt. Commander
# 398
02-15-2010, 11:00 AM
State of the Game: February 15th, 2010:

Daily crashing expected. Maintenance required. No input from Cryptic asto the cause of said crashes and maintenance.
Lt. Commander
# 399
02-15-2010, 11:16 AM
Wait, my turn:

Noobs still crying, haters hating, clueless still talking about stuff they know nothing about...yet game still carrying on. Proceed.
Lt. Commander
# 400
02-15-2010, 11:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper11188
Wait, my turn:

Noobs still crying, haters hating, clueless still talking about stuff they know nothing about...yet game still carrying on. Proceed.
You obviously dont know what the frack your talking about. That is ofcourse, if your post implied that I am either a:

noob, hater or clueless

Neither one applies to me. I want STO to succeed, I want STO to grow and become a great game. But it's hard to have a good time playing the game, when it crashes every couple of hours, bugged missions, and unexpected maintenance every few hours.