Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 411 star trek scam
02-19-2010, 01:50 AM
what is with this game I bought it a week ago every time i try to log on it comes back with error try again later is it just acon to get more money out of you?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 412
02-19-2010, 01:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaptnkirksghost
what is with this game I bought it a week ago every time i try to log on it comes back with error try again later is it just acon to get more money out of you?
Yes, that is exactly what it is
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 413 Getting Better
02-19-2010, 06:57 AM
Been happy this week have not had one crash, only play for a couple of hours each evening and have enjoyed the missons!

Playing in the GMT timezone maybe why im having a better time of it I dont know

I was angry last weekend as just wanted to play and couldnt now I can enjoying it alot cheers Cryptic x
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 414
02-20-2010, 10:24 PM
Parts of this game are a LOT of fun but overall the state of the game = broken beyond belief. There is too much broken content, too many necessary features missing, no content at high end, no support and absolutely no polish at all. This game should never have left Beta. I'd make a list of showstoppers here but I don't have the week it would take to write them. Just read the bugs forums if you don't know what I'm talking about.

I've done some reading and learned that Atari have a business model to release new games in 18-24 months using their existing games as a foundation. Any with experience in IT understands there is a delicate balance between putting a product out which is normally driven by marketing, and a desire to over-engineer driven by devs. In the case of STO it's like there is no middle ground; the financial backer has perhaps forced Cryptic to release a product based on a business model rather than common sense.

At the end of the day I don't really care about the reasons why things have reached this point but I do care that I've handed over cash for this rubbish. I feel like I should have shares in Cryptic as I'm obviously paying for them to finish dev. How about it Atari, give everyone with subscriptions a share in the game?

During the open beta the feeling of the community was very supportive and I had this question in the back of my mind as to how long it would take for the 'worm to turn'. About a fortnight ago is the answer.

I may sound angry in this post and I am a bit but really I'm just extremely disappointed. This game has so much potential and they're ruined it.

No one from Cryptic has released any comment about refunds or extension on subscriptions and I'd really like to hear about that. If I knew they'd give us x months extension then I'd go away for those months and come back when the game worked.

Another thing I fear is the C-Store. I've been reading forums from other Cryptic games in my research on the company and learned that they have started releasing patches to address issues (with no new content) and charging ppl for them. I'm also hearing that respecs will likely follow this model? You've got to be kidding me??? You think anyone in their right mind is going to give you more cash for a feature that is absolutely essential to the game (especially as much of the core design of specs and items is fundamentally flawed and needs a complete redesign and we've all got specs that are more or less useless).

IM(H)O
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 415
02-21-2010, 12:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devastat

Give it time, if you've never done any computer programming, then give it a try before being so harsh. It's nothing but a bunch of 10101010101010101000110100. Try taking 1, and 0, then turn it into an immersive playable universe. ROFL! I'm just glad somebody is trying I Love Star Trek!
LOL!

you really think they coded the entire game using BINARY?!?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 416 agreeing with lord
02-21-2010, 09:47 AM
i agree with lord, the game is extremely short, and cryptic is more worried about a record instead of the actual game. i hope they aren't getting a big head like blizzard already. they need to get off their butts and release more on this game before everyone decides to quit.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 417
02-21-2010, 11:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zerosabre
i agree with lord, the game is extremely short, and cryptic is more worried about a record instead of the actual game. i hope they aren't getting a big head like blizzard already. they need to get off their butts and release more on this game before everyone decides to quit.
PLease, Blizzard wouldnt have released a game this broken. Blizzard doesent release games till they are satisfied in the quality. I've been playing starcraft 2 all week and the game is flawless beyond belief
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 418
02-21-2010, 11:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Norinaa
PLease, Blizzard wouldnt have released a game this broken. Blizzard doesent release games till they are satisfied in the quality. I've been playing starcraft 2 all week and the game is flawless beyond belief
Well not all game developers/publishers have endless funds. Think before you post.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 419
02-21-2010, 01:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordGrok View Post
Another thing I fear is the C-Store. I've been reading forums from other Cryptic games in my research on the company and learned that they have started releasing patches to address issues (with no new content) and charging ppl for them.

IM(H)O
The only release that they are going to be charging for is a new content zone as far as i'm aware, like a mini expansion. All the fix patches and little additions here and there have been free (included in subscription).
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 420
02-21-2010, 01:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by smegger View Post
The only release that they are going to be charging for is a new content zone as far as i'm aware, like a mini expansion. All the fix patches and little additions here and there have been free (included in subscription).
They've even changed the paid expansion to free.

http://www.champions-online.com/node/594840
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:43 AM.