Lt. Commander
# 421
02-21-2010, 01:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fractal_Eye
They've even changed the paid expansion to free.

http://www.champions-online.com/node/594840
Good to hear

Thanks for the link.
Lt. Commander
# 422
02-21-2010, 02:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainRAVE View Post
Good to hear

Thanks for the link.
No problem. I just happened to stumble upon the link myself from another post floating around here, really. Otherwise, I wouldn't have known that they changed it to free, either lol.
Lt. Commander
# 423
02-21-2010, 02:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by StormShade
wow, and i thought i could write alot without actually saying anything.
Lt. Commander
# 424 Brevity is a dying Art
02-21-2010, 03:01 PM
The Gettysburg Address was the last Full measure of political brevity.. Stormshade is great..

If i were in MArketing.. I would say This is and ain't you're daddies Trek..
Things you wont get in the Game A Tribble feather Duster.. things you will find .. Passion for fun and Honour in battle.

But no 14 day Trial.....

I prefer a longer courtship then a open beta week.. not that i mind being a stress test guinea pig.. you understand.. I just am old fashioned that way. Taldren had what two weeks of working cohesive preview for Star Fleet Command.. That helped establish the major working fleets on the project.

With years gaping Mplayer Gamespy demographic For fleets StarFleet Command still had many web sites but the groups had diversified into other On-Line persistent models. Reclaiming that market took all of your awareness moves to visit Cons. Reclaiming markets disappointed w Multi Player Limitations of the last few TRek Products takes a longer Trial period to fit a working schedule then even a nice flexible Open Beta Schedule allows.
Lt. Commander
I propose a Public Test Server Version of the Client for Busy people.

IF you aren't into power leveling on a Live
P2P Server and wished to donate your time to test and improve STO you should have a free casual version.

Some of the Things this proposal would do.

A STO Lite if you will would offer a trial bed for more Stress testing of a perspective patch or expansion pack

Limited Advancement Caps or earned credits towards a purchase of a Live STO Client could fit a marketing model.

In the Spirit of the April Fools STO for Kids a more Tribble friendly non violent version for Tweens .
Consider this a Gateway Trek to groom future Live users.

WIFI can be contraband on a Warship at sea.. So the Thousands of Sailors and MArines deployed on Board
have limitations on their On-Line Access or Gaming privileges. Treat these Fine Men and Women to an off-line version in the Spirit of SETI or Folding and allow for off-line play to be uploaded at a later date so when they come to home port their Live Client P2P can be reconciled.

Trial Balloons aren't on the target range; their meant to promote the free exchange of positive ideas to include more people under the Cryptic tent. Now get out there and scrap some rust off!
Lt. Commander
# 426
03-04-2010, 11:30 AM
This State of the Game is pretty old now too, unsticking.