Lt. Commander
# 41
01-27-2010, 07:09 PM
Hmmm.... I wasn't feeling it. Honest but true.
Lt. Commander
# 42
01-27-2010, 07:09 PM
Darn, they have to make the future sound so bright . Can't wait to start tearing into some cubes and spheres.

I guess we know where all those liberated borg captains came from when launch hits. The end of open beta event!

I'm wondering though, will the Borg daily missions be max level only? With the borg being mostly end-game content, I assume the answer yes.
Lt. Commander
# 43
01-27-2010, 07:12 PM
I've searched the forums and various other places, and I can't find any specific time when the Head Start begins. It's Friday the 29th, but is there a specific time, like say 12:01am PST? Or perhaps it's "As early on Friday as our IT guy says 'Acknowledged!'"

I have a character concept in mind and I want to make sure I get the name I want. Also, I want to play ASAP.
Lt. Commander
# 44
01-27-2010, 07:14 PM
New races in the first update...?

Weren't there supposed to be a bunch of new races at launch? Things like ferengi, etc? There are the parts of a bunch of races, but you have to play as an "Unknown Alien" to do so, and when the update is released a month+ down the road...are we supposed to reroll so we can really be that race, instead of a mock-up of one?

Seems kinda weird since the parts for these races are already in the creator...

Edit :Yata...remember, you can have whatever name you want. You @handle is the only unique thing.
Lt. Commander
# 45
Where is this... addicted testers thread Z mentioned?
Lt. Commander
# 46
1000 am PST if I remember correctly on Friday

Matty
Lt. Commander
# 47
All sound grate, thanks for that "state of the game". I like when the devs comunicate with the players, and even more when they lisent, its good to reed that you ppl are puting a lot on this game.

This game has a grete present a and better future, lets all explore it together.

Sorry for bad english, no mi original language.
Lt. Commander
# 48
01-27-2010, 07:17 PM
Good read. He addressed some of the issues about content and the Klingons.

Tweak the skill cap and we got a running start here.

Only a few days till Head Start and the clock is ticking....
Lt. Commander
# 49 Two Cents Worth...
01-27-2010, 07:19 PM
STO Community,

I was very impressed with Zinc's update on STO, and conclusion with the open beta. Acknowledging and accepting the criticism of the end of open beta trials, yet offering optimism about the "real" launch, and bringing us all in together as a team, working out the bugs and future content of STO together. Well said, well done, glad to support you guys in this awesome adventure. Thanks for making the dream for many of us "trekies" a close a reality as possible.

Sincerely,
Alextar

P.S. First suggestion....get STO running on the Mac OS X Snow Leopard.
Lt. Commander
# 50
01-27-2010, 07:22 PM
All that gets to me is Ship scaling if they tweeked it a little more ANYTHING about this game can be fixed just start with that... The models are rendered great but the runabout is the size of what a defiant should be ... little things thats all just small things.