Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Feature Episodes, Events and PvE Content
Login

Starfleet Veteran
Yesterday (1 Nov) I took the Ar'Kif into Boldly They Rode final space battle and the first thing that happened was my ship was shedding hull points while with full shields. I didn't use AoE weps while near the pack, so there should not have been any proc of multiple ships. No matter how I tried to engage single ships, I constantly saw my shields at full power and my hull numbers just suddenly drop.

I sure hope this is a problem with the mission and not with the ship. I had shields as my priority and it didn't make a difference. I didn't die, but I sure could not maintain an engagement for long with the rate of hull loss during the entire episode.
Captain
# 2
11-01-2013, 05:09 PM
What kind of ships were they again?
Chive on and prosper, eh?

My PvE/PvP hybrid skill tree
Captain
# 3
11-01-2013, 05:13 PM
I have never completed that mission without my ship blowing up at least once.
Captain
# 4
11-01-2013, 05:23 PM
The Jem Dreads in that mission love their TBR use, and that bypasses shields and does NPC-levels of damage, so probably that. And they wouldn't even have to be targeting you, if instead they were activating it against another NPC and you were just in range, you'd get hit too.
Captain
# 5
11-01-2013, 05:26 PM
@ OP,

Do you have Attack Pattern Omega?

I dont know if that mission has it but there were a few fights that i encountered such as with O'Brien and the USS Molly. My hull went down really fast, like within the span of 3-4 seconds. And i'm not saying 3-4 seconds when it was actually 20 seconds...when i saw 3-4 seconds it *was* 3-4 seconds. I usually pop all my CDs when going against boss type fights and i hit APA and APO first. After hitting my next two offensive CDs after APA/APO i had to stop and pop all my defensive CDs and hull heals cause i saw my hull take a dive down to 25-30%.

Another member on here said that it may have had something to do with me popping APO and the mobs using Tractor Beam Repulsors. I know that TBR does some kinetic damage, but according to this other person they said that APOs mechanics cause TBR to do more kinetic damage.
Rihannsu
# 6
11-01-2013, 05:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by reginamala78 View Post
The Jem Dreads in that mission love their TBR use, and that bypasses shields and does NPC-levels of damage, so probably that. And they wouldn't even have to be targeting you, if instead they were activating it against another NPC and you were just in range, you'd get hit too.
also, there are multiples, and you can get sandwiched between 2 or 3 of them and crushed like a soda can...
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Captain
# 7
11-01-2013, 05:50 PM
lol thats a tough mission they are using VM and all kinds of stuff
Commander
# 8
11-07-2013, 08:25 PM
I had no problem with it in my rademaker( decent rep and exchange gear) or my Rommy Ha'apax using pre-rep gear. Just pop heals and get into some space and target ships being hit by another ship. Both are fairly tanky, so I can see a low shield modifier offensive ship struggling, not every fight can go to the guy with the firepower.

Also first time round I don't recall there being so many big ships and few attack ships, from memory I thought there was a main fight and then some big ships away from the station.
Rihannsu
# 9
11-07-2013, 10:09 PM
most of the Dominion fleet is bugs. But they have at least 3 dreads and maybe 6 battleships too.
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Survivor of Romulus
# 10
11-08-2013, 09:00 AM
I have noticed the same thing as the op your ship might as well be tissue paper in a downpour for how long you last. It occurred to me 3 or 4 times in that fight last time I ran that mission.