Ensign
Hi Everyone.

I'm playing as a Klingon at the moment and have reached the rank of Lt Commander. Can anyone tell me if there is anything special you need to do to get a free ship at that rank? Is there a particular mission you need to complete? As Federation or Romulan you get it straight away....... not so with Klingon it would seem.

If anyone has suggestions that would be great as I can't seem to go on with Lt Cmdr rank missions with the crappy bird of prey I have now
Ensign
# 2 No sugestions!!!!!!!!!!!!
11-08-2013, 03:10 PM
So no-one has ever come across this????????????

It does clearly start that when you get to this rank you can get another ship, now I honestly thought that you get a free ship token like you do when your Federation or Romulan.

Do you have to buy your own ships as Klingon's? Are there no free ship tokens when you level up?
Survivor of Romulus
# 3
11-08-2013, 03:18 PM
When Cryptic expanded the Klingon faction with Legacy of Romulus, they added a prerequisite mission called "Test of mettle" that enables you to get your free Lt.Commander ship.

It's a bit silly that they did it that way because if players do other things to level instead of the story mission, which I supose is your case as well, they are confused about the free ship. You're not the first one though, many people have come on the KDF forum to ask about this.

Anyway, what you need to do is the "Test of mettle" mission. You can find it in your 'Episodes' tab under the 1-st set of missions. As a part of the mission you'll be assigned to go to the shipyard and obtain your new free Lt.Commander ship - Qul'Dun Bird of Prey, Somraw Raptor or K'tanco Battlecruiser.
If you don't want to do all the missions, but want to get your free ship asap, you can skip the other missions and just do "Test of mettle".

Hope this helps.
Looking for a genuine Star Trek experience?
Join the Klingon Empire! It will be glorious!
Captain
# 4
11-08-2013, 03:19 PM
You must spend every single skill point in the skill tree to fully rank up and claim any rewards. I can't speak to any ship-claiming missions, but the skill point thing has vexed me before.
Commander
# 5
11-08-2013, 03:44 PM
OP,
Did you rage post about a lack of replies after only waiting 12 minutes? Simmer down. Geeeeeeeeeeez
Ensign
# 6
11-08-2013, 05:07 PM
Thanks for the answers. I'll give both suggestions a try
Lieutenant
# 7
11-09-2013, 12:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hanover2 View Post
You must spend every single skill point in the skill tree to fully rank up and claim any rewards. I can't speak to any ship-claiming missions, but the skill point thing has vexed me before.
This.

For some reason KDF levels slightly slower and skill points lag behind the mission rewards at times in the early levels. An easy fix is to do all the tutorial missions early so this doesn't become a problem.