Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Ten Forward
Login

Career Officer
# 11
09-25-2013, 02:35 PM
Just had an interesting thought:

What if Star Trek does stick around in some form until the 2300's and the current stuff becomes set in the past?

I guess it would be kind of like the imagined 2015 of Back to the Future looking nothing like the real thing. (Yes, I know 2015 is still several months away, but I'm pretty sure it's not going to look anything like the movie portrayed it.)

Porthos is not amused.
Career Officer
# 12
09-25-2013, 03:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by iconians View Post
Whatever universe it's set in, whether the Prime Universe or the JJ Abrams universe -- you can be rest assured Star Trek fans will hate it.
exactly look at what happened to enterprise in the 4th season. it started to get better.
imho its good to have fans but it is a double edged sword being fans are also bad for a series. when they start thinking they know where the series or movies should go i.e. star wars and star trek.
whit that said I hope its in the prime.
Captain
# 13
09-25-2013, 04:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambassadormolari View Post
I'd like to see something set immediately after the events of the Dominion War. A friend of mine recently pointed out how interesting a setting that would be: the Federation is rebuilding after having suffered horrendous losses, the Cardassians have been reduced to a third-world power, and the entire Alpha Quadrant has been irrevocably changed. It would be interesting to deal with stories focusing on healing the scars that the war caused, and having to come to terms with the fact that the Federation is no longer the happy, utopian place that it used to be.
With that much disaster spread across the Federation, as well as Klingon, Romulan, and Cardassian territories, I have to believe that other powers will smell blood in the water and try tearing out at least chunks of the four powers' territories. Either a cluster of small but rising empires, or one or two big ones that have been waiting on the edges of the Alpha and Beta quadrants.

This is a good concept and ripe for a fresh exploration of Roddenberry's viewpoint. How do you recover Utopia? Should you even try, or was it all too unrealistic? Viewpoints should be challenged occasionally. It retempers their metal.
Captain
# 14
09-25-2013, 05:08 PM
Preferably a second reboot or at the very least a series not set in the 24th century or later. The technology was just too over the top and the ship designs too sleek.

Most importantly I want a show that doesn't involve technobabble (or religibabble for that matter), has interesting and likable characters and remembers that space is HUGE. I want space travel to feel mysterious and exciting, not routine and flat like it became in later Treks (and franchises such as Stargate, Farscape etc).

Quote:
Originally Posted by eazzie View Post
Voyager worked
It really didn't.
Previously Alendiak
Daizen - Lvl 52 Engineer - Eclipse
Selia - Lvl 60 Tactical - Eclipse