Commander
Hi,

I'm paying attention to my blue-side chars for the first time in a long time, and one thing I'm noticing is that the Doff assignments for Diplomatic CXP seem to pay off a lot less than Marauding assignments. I haven't yet run into any big-money assignments that pay off as well as KDF assignments like "Investigate Assassination Methods Using Telekinesis" or "Sell Prisoners to Orion Slavers". Can anyone point the way toward a more rapid Diplomatic path than the dopey 50-100 point dribs and drabs I'm getting?

Thanks,
Generator
Captain
# 2
09-14-2013, 07:17 AM
As far as I'm aware, the best way is critting the 20-hour duration ones. That gives about 1k a pop. Just slot random purples (preferably with appropriate traits), rather than the preferred profession for the missions.

It's one of the few areas KDF's have it better.
Captain
# 3
09-14-2013, 08:20 AM
Beta Ursae, Alpha Trianguli, and Zeta Andromedae are usually crawling with diplomatic doff missions. Just fly around there daily and do the missions, and then search around the other sector blocks if you haven't already got enough diplo assignments for the day.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramming Speed at its finest.
[Combat (Self)] Your Ramming Speed III deals 158125 (201492) Kinetic Damage(Critical) to [Player's Scimitar].
We are the Borg. Irrelevancy is irrelevant. ~ Cry OP, and let slip the devs of nerf!
Check out my STO Youtube channel!
Why are you hovering over my signature? Play my mission! :-)
Career Officer
# 4
09-14-2013, 10:05 AM
Critting the 20-hour ones will get you the most, but if you're going to be playing all day (not everyone has lives) spamming the 1-hour ones will add up to more. The best assignments, as others have said, are in the four sector blocks around Cardassian space- BU, ZA, AT, OR. Check the Doffcalls sheet periodically to see what's up (http://bit.ly/DOFFS). And don't forget to check your First Officer department head in every sector.

A couple of times a year Cryptic runs a Junior Officer Appreciation week where everyone gets +10% to CXP, and that stacks with CXP bonus pools, consultants, and the 3-piece Ferengi set. We're probably past due for one of those events.
Empire Veteran
# 5
09-14-2013, 10:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by futurepastnow View Post
A couple of times a year Cryptic runs a Junior Officer Appreciation week where everyone gets +10% to CXP, and that stacks with CXP bonus pools, consultants, and the 3-piece Ferengi set. We're probably past due for one of those events.
I thought we had one somewhat recently?

Maybe it was before LoR, so Romulan toons haven't gotten a chance to do it yet. Can't remember.

Captain
# 6
09-14-2013, 01:18 PM
Also have a consultant on active duty when turning in your missions for the 3-4% bonus CXP.
Starfleet Veteran
# 7
09-15-2013, 02:08 AM
Also diplomatic investigations in the exploration clusters give out 100 cxp every time, no matter how often you run them.
Rihannsu
# 8
09-15-2013, 05:56 AM
Yeah, and at least some of the non-combat exploration cluster missions do.
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Captain
# 9
09-20-2013, 09:21 AM
Yeah, the payout for Marauding versus Diplomacy isn't quite fair - especially when you factor in the consumables, equipment, prisoners and Contraband that comes with Marauding.

As voporak said, the best ground for Diplomatic assignments is Cardassian Space; Beta Ursae, Alpha Trianguli, Zeta Andromedae and even Orellius Sector Blocks have plenty of diplomatic missions involving the Bajorans, Cardassians and in Orellius even the Breen and Deferi. (Not to mention that area has the highest number of Assignment Chains at about thirteen;
Three Star Clusters;
Three Colonization Missions; (I think)
Four Consular Authority;
Ghosts of the Jem'Hadar, Project Chrysalis and Children's Toys (Okay, admittedly, only the Negotiate Delivery assignments are Current Sector, but still need to be in that area for them)

Honestly, the rest of the galaxy just doesn't compare to 'Cardassian Space' for DOff assignments, I think...
Rihannsu
# 10
09-20-2013, 10:41 AM
Well, all sectors were originally about equal, then they added stuff for the 2800 FE series, which cardassian space got more of than the rest of the galaxy.
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.