Lieutenant
# 1 any rpers left?
09-25-2013, 08:51 PM
Hi, as of late, the amount of rpers seems to have gone down/ went underground. if anyone is looking for potential RP (not ERP) partners, contact me in-game at @caleb143.
Survivor of Romulus
# 2
09-25-2013, 09:34 PM
RPers are still around if you look hard enough. Many stick to their bases or starships for a variety of reasons including griefers and just plain bad roleplayers who hurt their brains. But many do stay on public maps looking for similar-minded roleplayers.
http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?u=91851766000&type=sigpic&dateline=13403  39147
Lieutenant
# 3
09-25-2013, 09:52 PM
the starbases and starships might explain it. havent seen any in the hubs
Captain
# 4
09-25-2013, 09:55 PM
Last time I saw rpers was during the Risa event. All of them at the beach lounging in the chairs doing their thing.
Captain
# 5
09-25-2013, 10:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucho80 View Post
Last time I saw rpers was during the Risa event. All of them at the beach lounging in the chairs doing their thing.
which is why i wish the devs would do something with risa to attract players of all types back there.

Im not an RPer but it was interesting how they went about their thing during the event made risa feel a bit more...fun
Starfleet Veteran
# 6
09-25-2013, 10:55 PM
I guess we havent run into each other in the game then, my cats are usually up to something when i get to play. I was at the live music broadcast party's at drozana with Jude hosting as DJ, the joker was there too, he was joined by the Riddler that next week. I came as James T Cat. I often use the USS Kittyprize in some queued missions. Caitian Picard also makes appearances. The catstar tv show i did for a while, had me interacting with people, seeing their response from asking for a hug, playing the supply box game, and even during picard day, i was at star fleet academy most of the day rping stories and answering questions.

But i know what you mean, finding people in the game who are actualy fun and willing to play along is like looking for a Vulcan in a mosh pit, it can get kinda dry sometimes. Thats why i created a number of types of entertaining things for everyone, hoping to liven things up in here a bit...i mean the new items and every day grind is what drives some people but its refreshing to see someone in a funny mood out to have a good time and have also a sense of humor.

EDIT: Look at some of the recent items ive added to the forums, since the game is repetitive and some of my friends dont play anymore, i like to reach out and wake up some of the other players hoping to find someone new to play with, otisnoble has a fun personality, it makes my day when something i do can entertain and put a smile on someones face. RP is what keeps the game alive and the players awake!
My Ferasan speaks out on Nerfing his stuff.
Every episode of TNG if written by STO_How Picard dealt with ARC_Cat hug_No to ARC!

Last edited by catstarsto; 09-25-2013 at 11:00 PM.
Commander
# 7
09-26-2013, 09:39 AM
I'm in an RP fleet, task force argo. Our sister fleet on the KDF side is strike force kargas.

There were more RP'ers around in public hubs back before drozana got changed. Now, there's just too many 'other' people there (the types of people who love to interfere with roleplayers in as obnoxious a way as they can imagine, usually involving those stupid subspace party amplifiers). Drozana has also drawn most of the people away from other hubs like DS9.
Empire Veteran
# 8
09-26-2013, 09:41 AM
I use to RP with a friend but we finished the first part of our story. Merely waiting to create the next villain before we continue.
King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride.
http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...1#post13990891
Starfleet Veteran
# 9
09-26-2013, 10:52 AM
The decor and environment within ones fleet star base can be good locations for this, without any outside interference. I have a bank fleet, i never leveled it above tier 1, i only continue to buy the special decor that comes out for it, just for that reason, RP , partys, etc. The same goes for my Nyanbassadors Embassy and the Lightpaw mining co. :3

I should try to unlock the bartender and invite some of you guys over some time. =^.^=
My Ferasan speaks out on Nerfing his stuff.
Every episode of TNG if written by STO_How Picard dealt with ARC_Cat hug_No to ARC!

Last edited by catstarsto; 09-26-2013 at 11:04 AM.
Lieutenant
# 10
09-26-2013, 12:14 PM
I haven't had a lot of time to RP in game as I am relatively new. However, I have my Romulan J'Tol KDF side and my Ferenfi Girthk Fed side. When I do get the inkling to RP, I go to DS9 as I haven't found many others elsewhere.