Survivor of Romulus
Hi everyone,

you've probably already know about the Public Service Channel. Either from being a subscriber already, from visiting its website or from reading the recently published Guest Blog.

For a quick summary, this channel allows you to offer / request
  • * free access to Tuffli Freighters, Suliban Cell Ships, D'Kora Marauder and Fleet Holdings
  • * tempory Diplomatic Immunity / Raiding Party
  • * Bridge Officer Training

Just type the chat command /channel_join "Public Service" to join, if you are not subscribed to the channel yet.

1. Abide by STO's Terms of Service.
2. You MAY ONLY use the Public Service Channel to
* offer / request free access to Tuffli Freighters, Suliban Cell Ships, D'Kora Marauder and Fleet Holdings
* offer / request free temporary Diplomatic Immunity / Raiding Party
* offer / request Bridge Officer Training for no extra fee
(please note, that the Trainer has actually costs to train your BOFFs at 225 EC for LCdr. & 300 EC for Cmdr. Skills. These are no fees, so reimburse that costs)
* inform of and grant access to rare and very rare high-value DOFF Assignments (EWCU, ESCU, NADORC, etc.) on your Bridge
Please use the Local Chat on site.
3. You MUST NOT use the Public Service Channel for anything that contradicts Items 1 and 2. Examples include but are not limited to:
* offering / requesting services in exchange for in-game items or currencies
* offering / requesting invites to join a Fleet for whatever reason
* offering / request Shipyard invites to buy a Fleet Ship. It is pointless as the potential buyer's own Fleet Shipyard is the deciding factor.
* using the channel as a general help desk
* using the channel for any other chatter
4. Rule Enforcement
If you fail to comply to the Rules, you may be kicked from the channel without further warning. Since you can easily rejoin the channel, consider this as a warning shot. However, if you start a debate as to why you've been kicked or continue to violate the rules, you will be muted.
Muting is a feature that is currently bugged and is irreversible in 95% of all cases. So you should think twice about violating the Rules.

Visit the Channel website for more information like F.A.Q.'s and a complete list of services available through the "Public Service" channel.

Cheers
TacPaddy_stoa

Last edited by pmarquardt; 09-28-2013 at 04:44 AM.
Survivor of Romulus
# 2
09-26-2013, 02:22 AM
* reserved for future updates *
Career Officer
# 3
12-04-2013, 10:13 AM
I'd love to know why I was kicked out of the channel after answering somebody's questions. It's never been an issue to help people in the past, they had a subscription question, so we all answered it, then some jumped up chat-nazi appeared and told us not too, before I couple reply I was suddenly not there at all O.o

Last time i can offer our fleet's holdings out to those in need I guess?
Starfleet Veteran
# 4
12-04-2013, 10:24 AM
You should know that helping people is wrong in STO. This game is for seeriz buznizz gamerz!

Also a bit necro.
NERF CANNONS - THEY NEED A 50% NERF
CRUISERS NEED A 206% HULL BUFF
Ensign
# 5
12-04-2013, 11:37 AM
"Public Service" goes private
Hi,

some of you may have witnessed the reasons, that lead to my drastic decision to turn the channel from public to private.
I was sick and tired of whining people, who evidently never read the rules causing trouble on the channel. Despite the efforts of my mods and myself, that issue got out of hand.

Now, with the channel set to private, each disturber will be simply kicked and will be no more trouble.

I know, that most of you will appreciate it.

Cheers
TP

Hi i have never used this channel and only recently found out about it ,, but how can you call it "PUBLIC service channel " if its PRIVATE ?? this made me laugh so hard lol, i think you need to change its name now to PRIVATE service channel
Captain
# 6
12-04-2013, 12:14 PM
bad channel is bad, and tbh, no real loss to the community. you go play nice now with your zero subscribers.

Everything is OP, plz nerf
Fleet Admiral Rylana - U.S.S. DNT Omega X
=== Vice Squad/House of Tlhap-Jen ===
Empire Veteran
# 7
12-04-2013, 02:34 PM
This channel has slowly declined..
King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride.
http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...1#post13990891
Survivor of Romulus
# 8
12-13-2013, 05:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aquitaine985 View Post
I'd love to know why I was kicked out of the channel after answering somebody's questions. It's never been an issue to help people in the past, they had a subscription question, so we all answered it, then some jumped up chat-nazi appeared and told us not too, before I couple reply I was suddenly not there at all O.o

Last time i can offer our fleet's holdings out to those in need I guess?
Wasn't there, so I can't tell. Best guess is, that you did something that violates the channel rules.

Quote:
Originally Posted by praitor View Post
Hi i have never used this channel and only recently found out about it ,, but how can you call it "PUBLIC service channel " if its PRIVATE ?? this made me laugh so hard lol, i think you need to change its name now to PRIVATE service channel
It was public at the beginning. Unfortunately, you can't rename a Channel. Otherwise I would have renamed it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rylanadionysis View Post
bad channel is bad, and tbh, no real loss to the community. you go play nice now with your zero subscribers.
Zero subscribers? LOL. Fact is, that only about a hundred Cry-Babies left, who are either incapable or unwilling to follow some rules. To be honest, THAT was no real loss.
Career Officer
# 9
02-15-2014, 11:48 AM
Hi I was still on Public Service as of yesterday, I log in and no longer in it.
All i did was request maybe 3 times access to a T3 spire to get a fleet ar'kif.
I waited a few minutes between requests and didnt spam it over and over.

I think if the channel is named Public Service and you have taken it private, could I suggest you delete the channel and free up the name "Public Service". I will gladly take a shot at running it.

If you wish to have a Private Service channel please create a new one named correctly. You can post to the forums an announcement of the new channel.

My feeling is that after getting annoyed with jerks in the channel, you took it private and kept the name. I think perhaps you might want to release the name and allow someone else to give it a shot. Like me.

shoot me an in game message @Galactic_Cowboy and I would be happy to discuss a transition.

Thanks,
@Galactic_Cowboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmarquardt View Post
Wasn't there, so I can't tell. Best guess is, that you did something that violates the channel rules.

It was public at the beginning. Unfortunately, you can't rename a Channel. Otherwise I would have renamed it.

Zero subscribers? LOL. Fact is, that only about a hundred Cry-Babies left, who are either incapable or unwilling to follow some rules. To be honest, THAT was no real loss.