the Staff of the "Public Service" channel is happy to announce that we are starting a new channel on Saturday, September 29th 2013 @ 12:00 UTC (click here for your time zone.)
The channel is called "Public Queues" and will allow you to team up in Adventure Zones or for private PvE Queues, private PvP challenges or even STFs.
This channel is meant for the casual player. So before you start screaming "Copycat", we know of the similarities and explicitly advise you, to use the PublicEliteSTF and OrganizedPvP channels instead, if you are hell bent of winning Elite STFs with optionals or seeking true challenges in PvP.
Although the channel starts on Saturday, it is already open for subscription. Just type the chat command /channel_join "Public Queues" to join.
That said, here are the Channel rules:
1. Abide by STO's Terms of Service.
2. You may only use the Public Queues Channel to recruit players for
* Teams in Adventure Zones
* private PvE Queues
* private PvP Challenges
* private STF Queues
(Please note, that although this channel allows you to gather players for STFs, it is recommended to use the PublicEliteSTF channel instead, if you are bent on succesfully completing the mission with the optionals.)
3. To recruit players use the format LFxM Code Faction - Identifier
(x = numbers of Player needed | Code = Mission Code | Faction = mandatory, if the mission is either for Feds or KDF | Identifier = Response for players to type as ID, so they can be invited).
Example: LF3M BDIG Fed - Test indicates that 3 more players are needed for a "The Big Dig" with Federation Characters. Applications via typing "Test" as response.
4. To join other players, simply type the Identifier supplied by the inviting player.
5. It is encouraged to discuss Tactics in Match or Team chat before starting the Mission.
6. You must not use the Public Queues Channel for anything that contradicts Items 1 through 4. Examples include but are not limited to:
* using the channel as a general help desk
* using the channel for any chatter / discussions