Commander
Do all of the romulan specific ships have it?

Not too many people seem to run with it, a lot of romulan ships I see use the reman skins instead. Personally I'm rather fond of the red skin, reminds me of vulcan ships.
Captain
# 2
09-14-2013, 12:25 AM
I run the brown skin on all of my Warbirds,... as far as I know, all Rommie ships have it.
U.S.S. Pyxis NX-92673 - ( Fleet Defiant ), U.S.S. Rukantha - ( Delta Class )
I.K.S. Faru Sadin - ( Fleet B'rel )
R.R.W. Rhadamanthys - ( Fleet T'Varo )

"Go play with your DPS in the corner, I don't care how big it is." - Me
Survivor of Romulus
# 3
09-14-2013, 03:59 AM
Every ship I've had so far has the option, I think many people just don't like it. I know I don't.
I was once DKnight1000, apparently I had taken my own name so now I'm DKnight0001.
If I ask you a question it is not an insult but a genuine attempt to understand why.
When I insult you I won't be discreet about it, I will be precise and to the point stupid.
Captain
# 4
09-14-2013, 04:33 AM
I would preferred if they had something like the TOS warbird white instead of the brown.

-> -> -> STO players unite and say NO to ARC <- <- <-
T6 Guardian Class design / A 25th century Ambassador refit
Captain
# 5
09-14-2013, 10:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by yreodred View Post
I would preferred if they had something like the TOS warbird white instead of the brown.
While that sounds cool, and I may even agree a white or off-white skin would be different, there really aren't any Romulan ships that color outside of ToS.

Personally I wouldn't mind a light grey hull for my Mogai.
U.S.S. Pyxis NX-92673 - ( Fleet Defiant ), U.S.S. Rukantha - ( Delta Class )
I.K.S. Faru Sadin - ( Fleet B'rel )
R.R.W. Rhadamanthys - ( Fleet T'Varo )

"Go play with your DPS in the corner, I don't care how big it is." - Me
Captain
# 6
09-14-2013, 10:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by yreodred View Post
The TOS Romulan BOP, with the old school white with phoenix design on it. The T'Varo and Mogai's shapes beg for that. The T1 T'Liss has it, but the only playable ship to do so.
Captain
# 7
09-14-2013, 02:29 PM
Actually, I've often suggested giving us skins appropriate for the various eras. I mean, it would still be a D'Deridex, but if it was the grey hull with orange and black highlights (like the bird of prey on the bottom of the TOS ship), then I could imagine I was playing in the TOS era with my TOS clothed crew...

I'd say the same for the Klingons and Federation too.

I'd also say the T'Varo refit should have access to the TOS hull design, and I think ALL Romulan ships should have access to a "bird of prey" painting on their hull.

Remember what Lt. Styles said, you'd recognize a romulan ship by the bird of prey painted on the hull. That implies it's something that all Romulan ships did (rather like the Starfleet stripes or Imperial crests on Fed and klingon ships).
Once, I was simply called Mojo. Now, I'm forced into a new name, but don't be fooled, I'm the original STO Mojo!

Crafting, Exploration and Interaction as it should be:
http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh....php?t=1108521
Career Officer
# 8
09-14-2013, 05:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by colonelmarik View Post
I think ALL Romulan ships should have access to a "bird of prey" painting on their hull.

Remember what Lt. Styles said, you'd recognize a romulan ship by the bird of prey painted on the hull. That implies it's something that all Romulan ships did (rather like the Starfleet stripes or Imperial crests on Fed and klingon ships).
I would LOVE the option to add that to my ships.

Here's something else, I wouldn't mind.

Romulans and Klingons once had an aliance, that's how the Klingons got the cloak and Romulans got warp drive. But for a while Romulans also were flying Klingon built D7 battleships with the Romulan bird of prey on the hull. http://www.inpayne.com/models/romula...lecruiser3.jpg

I'd love to fly one of those too, as I grew up watching this iconic ships on the show.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan Schissler/Online Multiplayer Gaming View Post
(In regards to STO Delta Rising): "Where a fun casual game once sat proudly, a horrible grind fest now stands. All this expansion has made me want to do, is log in less."
Commander
# 9
09-14-2013, 05:48 PM
Glad to hear at least the brown hull is available for them all.

I joined the feds with my romulan, got a couple of vulcan bridge officers, going for the whole 'reunification' thing. The vulcan ships we know and love all have that reddish brown hull color, so I'm assuming that the romulan ships that use the same coloration were remnants of the original exodus from vulcan, after the sundering (it would make sense, no? that the reddish colored romulan ships were using either similar materials or similar construction techniques that the vulcans used).

I figure with the brown hull plating, my ships look more like jointly-built romulan/vulcan ships and make a good fit for a reunification-oriented character =P
Captain
# 10
09-14-2013, 07:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by colonelmarik View Post
Actually, I've often suggested giving us skins appropriate for the various eras. I mean, it would still be a D'Deridex, but if it was the grey hull with orange and black highlights (like the bird of prey on the bottom of the TOS ship), then I could imagine I was playing in the TOS era with my TOS clothed crew...

I'd say the same for the Klingons and Federation too.

I'd also say the T'Varo refit should have access to the TOS hull design, and I think ALL Romulan ships should have access to a "bird of prey" painting on their hull.

I agree, ALL Romulan ships should have the option of a big Raptor/Bird of Prey decal on the ship in addition to the stylized feather pattern on most of them.

While I am not a fan of TOS stuff in the 25th Century, I would support having the off-white/grey color added as an option. Especially if it individual sections (The customizable ship parts) can be individually colored. I am not particularly fond of the Vulcan rust-red color, for the sake of more options, I would support adding that as another color option.

As for brown or Romulan green ship hulls, my Main Republic character, the Reman Draba, is a member of Obisek's Resistance. He is allied with the KDF because he grew up under the jurisdiction of the Klingon Empire in the Klorgat System. Since he is a member of the Resistance, he flys around wearing the colors of the Resistance.

My other Romulan character, Senator Quintus Arrius, is still in the Tutorial on Virinant because players are still railroaded into picking a side. He has no love for the Klingons as his classic Romulan racial superiority complex manifests itself towards Klingons in a maner similar to Apartheid (purely for roleplaying reasons, this prodives for some more intereting character interactions, especially as he is forced to work with Klingons, whether he likes it or not). He is also very unlikely to ally with the Federation as the incident with Kimera Cretak (a close friend and ally) ruined his opinion of Humans, the Federation, and Starfleet in particular. Until they remove this requirement to pick a side, I will not advance him beyond that mission. When I do, I may use either the green or the brown colors.