Commander
# 161
09-27-2013, 04:40 PM
Well, I found a good strategy was that my teammates kept helping me with buffs as I drew the agro of the Terran ships, and though I got blown up about 7 times we worn down the entity and eventually won, if only by the skin of our teeth
Empire Veteran
# 162
09-27-2013, 04:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aargolos View Post
Played it today on 'normal' with a PUG and smoked it down in like 5 minutes or something silly.

Guess I got lucky?
Exactly right. I ran it fine on six toons yesterday after reading this thread and knew I hadn't seen what was causing all the commotion (I know better than to just assume someone needs to L2P based solely on a forum post). On my third run through today, I saw what the issue was.

And ignoring the MU ships was NOT working. They'd circle the CE lazily (not shooting at it, naturally) and as soon as anyone showed up or decloaked they'd attack. I made certain to use single-target abilities on the CE at 2-3km and I still got repeatedly gang-***** by MU ships on steroids. By my third respawn I couldn't see the CE anymore for all the MU ships.

My other three remaining toons all lucked out and had normal missions.
Career Officer
# 163
09-27-2013, 04:56 PM
Cryptic's design philosophy: MOAR ENEMEHS! That's challenging, right guys!?
Ensign
# 164
09-27-2013, 05:00 PM
Hmm, guess time will tell. Can't really be bothered to run it on my Romulan or KDF characters as I don't play them much.

Hopefully I get lucky again tomorrow afternoon!
Commander
# 165
09-27-2013, 05:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zordar01 View Post
And ignoring the MU ships was NOT working. They'd circle the CE lazily (not shooting at it, naturally) and as soon as anyone showed up or decloaked they'd attack. I made certain to use single-target abilities on the CE at 2-3km and I still got repeatedly gang-***** by MU ships on steroids.
^This.

I see various "expert players" ("elitists" is such an ugly word) saying "Ignore the MU ships and you'll be fine, crybabies". Fair enough, but we'd like said MU ships to ignore us in return to make it fair.
Sometimes you'll get lucky (because they are likely ganging on someone else), but you'll eventually have to deal with phaser spam if they decide to camp exactly where you don't want them to.
Career Officer
# 166
09-27-2013, 05:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by killgore3232 View Post
I agree with this poster. A seasonal or timed event shouldn't be too easy. Truthfully, I got bored floating around on Risa, and never finished it. Have a little strategy, or if you don't mind taking a trip to the ship repair afterwards, fly past the Mirror ships and bludgeon it to death. it will fall eventually. I ran the mission on 3 characters yesterday, and only one was what I would call painful. Please don't change the event Cryptic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by saurializard View Post
^This.

I see various "expert players" ("elitists" is such an ugly word) saying "Ignore the MU ships and you'll be fine, crybabies". Fair enough, but we'd like said MU ships to ignore us in return to make it fair.
Sometimes you'll get lucky (because they are likely ganging on someone else), but you'll eventually have to deal with phaser spam if they decide to camp exactly where you don't want them to.
you want to drag the crystal away from the rifts and away from the spawn and it is fine
Career Officer
# 167
09-27-2013, 05:20 PM
Played a bugged version yesterday. Took about 45 minutes to complete. While difficult, was a lot of fun. Made me think that there could be room for another difficulty level beyond normal and elite; like say normal, advanced (the old elite), and elite (new verison).
Captain
# 168
09-27-2013, 05:33 PM
At least they've posted a fix to the Redshirt test server, I hope it'll be on Holodeck in a day or two.

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...d.php?t=865621
Commander
# 169
09-27-2013, 05:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by captaintpol View Post
you want to drag the crystal away from the rifts and away from the spawn and it is fine
That's what I always try to do. It's just the dozen of phasers per second that occasionally deactivate my shield tend to disagree with this idea and want to explicitly make me aware of it.

EDIT: And nice to see a fix on redshirt. However, as I suggested in the correct thread, 10 minutes between spawns sounds too much. How about 5 minutes so it can be difficult but not so difficult that even the Dominion would find it overkill.

Last edited by saurializard; 09-27-2013 at 05:44 PM.
Former PWE Community Team Lead
# 170
09-27-2013, 06:00 PM
Hi Captains,

As you may have seen, we're testing some changes to the event on the Redshirt test server: Click here for patch notes.

The current plan is to get these live on Monday morning after testing during the weekend. If you have a chance to jump on Redshirt and check out the changes, please be sure to leave your feedback in the Redshirt Feedback/ Discussion forum.

We're also going to be looking at extending the end-date for the event, and once I have more details, I will be sure to share them with you.

In the meantime, if you are in a map with an overwhelming amount of Mirror Universe ships, I would recommend you and your teammates to solely focus on the Entity. Additionally, as the Normal version of the event awards shards every 20 hours to eligible players, it may be best so run this version until the fixes go live. You will be getting a tad less Nukara or Fleet Marks each run, but Normal should get you through the Entity quicker, allowing you to get even more Marks from another event during the cooldown than if you were to run the Elite and take a bit longer.

Thanks again for your patience and understanding as we addressed your feedback and concerns with the event, and fixed a few bugs.

Have a great weekend!

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
Brandon "BranFlakes" Felczer | Former Community Team Lead for Perfect World Entertainment
Closed Thread