Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Galactic News Network
Login

Closed Thread

Career Officer
# 31
09-26-2013, 11:59 AM
Stupid question that everyone but me seems to know the answer to...

How does one begin this Event? It is queued in on my character, but do I start it from the Pad outside the transporter room in ESD? Or is there some other place to go to start it?
Ensign
# 32
09-26-2013, 12:01 PM
I'm not bothering with this event anymore. Finished it for one toon, when I could see the entity. On my 2nd toon I tried this I couldn't see the entity so ignoring the spam just meant I died. After all my teammates changed for 4 times I left as well. I too like a challenge but obviously that challenge is too much for me, with all the lag and the missing ability to find the entity.
Get me right, I don't want it nerfed, but I want to have fun while I play. And that - at least for me - wasn't fun at all.
Commander
# 33
09-26-2013, 12:11 PM
Very good questions below!

I would like to add one:
When I complete the old project, will I be able to start the new 1-shard project or must I complete the new Project with the DOff?

EDIT: Just read only the new project allows the 1 shard project upon completion, so better do this unless you want the pet that badly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bberge1701 View Post
OK, I have a few questions not covered in the announcement.

Is the old reward of the Crystal Shard space pet still available? I have some Romulan characters "born" after the first run, so they never got a chance to get it.

If so, how many shards to complete its project? If it's 14, like last time, it will be impossible to complete both the old project and the new project.

The Duty Officer pictured is a Federation officer. Am I correct in assuming there will be equivalent officers available for Klingons and Romulans?
Career Officer
# 34
09-26-2013, 12:27 PM
I don't know who the hell was the one who thought the changes to the CE was FUN? But right now I honestly think that person needs slapped on the side of the head!

Who thinks that MORE SPAM = FUN?

Not only do we have to battle though a literal hundred Terran ships to get to the CE, but we also have to combat against NEWBS who don't know how to do anything and MOOCHERS who just SIT THERE at the SPAWN POINT AND NOT DO ANYTHING!

I'm not joking, it took me 4 minutes to go from logging in into STO To getting a migrane so powerful that it actually made me dizzy!
Republic Veteran
# 35
09-26-2013, 12:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwebranflakes View Post
It's not a reward for the new project; it was for the old project. We may consider making a new way to obtain the Shard pet in the future.
That's a shame. I never picked up the old project as I always assumed the pet would be available once the event was held again. Please do add some way to get it.
# 36
09-26-2013, 12:35 PM
Thanks for returning the STO CE event!

STO CE Migraine? You should try, SCOTCH! Engineering, of course, what were you thinking?
Captain
# 37
09-26-2013, 01:00 PM
Can we get, if not a timetable for fixing the issue, at least an acknowledgement that impenetrable rift/Mirror Universe ship spam is a bug and not Working As Intended?
Empire Veteran
# 38
09-26-2013, 01:02 PM
Changed it is right this is CE in normal mode last 4 runs:

If you see this ruuun for your life

what comes outta the rifts 1
what comes outta the rifts 2
what comes outta the rifts 3
what comes outta the rifts 4

1st run in a Fleet norgh on an engy

These are all with random Pug teams, there is also what appears to be subspace clouds like the black hole console that block any targeting and weapons fire from within them.
Captain
# 39
09-26-2013, 01:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fhbradley View Post
I'm not bothering with this event anymore. Finished it for one toon, when I could see the entity. On my 2nd toon I tried this I couldn't see the entity so ignoring the spam just meant I died. After all my teammates changed for 4 times I left as well. I too like a challenge but obviously that challenge is too much for me, with all the lag and the missing ability to find the entity.
Get me right, I don't want it nerfed, but I want to have fun while I play. And that - at least for me - wasn't fun at all.
tl;dr

lolhard, i quit

wuss

i did it on five different toons, one of which was a bop, A fricken BOP, nd i didnt even die on the bop

what the heck is your excuse?

its like people expect everything to be ss azure mission easy

christ

Everything is OP, plz nerf
Fleet Admiral Rylana - U.S.S. DNT Omega X
=== Vice Squad/House of Tlhap-Jen ===
Republic Veteran
# 40
09-26-2013, 01:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xiaoping88 View Post
Ah, no Romulan doff? Would it have been hard to make a Romulan picture or copy one? I don't want humans on my ship.

Give this Romulan a medal. I've spent millions in an effort to replace all the alien scum, but if you want to run certain setups, the job is all but impossible. Including that conversion unit that gives me some blue andorian for 5 green romulans. Oh, the irony.

Edit: I'm running a tight ship, please consider tailored DOFFS... Make a Klingon and Romulan version in the spirit of thematical coherency... it means the world to some of us... I know we probably must represent some weird minority, and should accept this glorious reward as it stands. But you see, I have to delete this DOFF in the end. It's just how we roll. And that makes the event rather... well... generic... It is just hard as it is, right now. It truly is.

---

Last edited by sernonserculion; 09-26-2013 at 03:32 PM.
Closed Thread