Starfleet Veteran
# 51
09-26-2013, 02:29 PM
I've done a few normal and elites and frankly one of those normals felt like elite. As many have said adding in the near to over hundred ships that SPAWN faster than one group can kill is a ridiculous addition to the CE event. I'd just as soon not do it but the dilithium is too much of a come on. That said I have had to leave four maps so far because the dps requirement on the guard ships was too high for everyone and I found myself alone against them all because everyone else bugged out before me.

cryptic please either make the spawning slower or only allow a preset amount at a time, something. because the only elite I beat had zero ships spawn because of a bug or something. because the normals I have endured remind me way to much of the Hive with a bunch of newbs.
Lieutenant
# 52
09-26-2013, 02:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by borticuscryptic View Post
If you already have the old project slotted, you may complete it and get the Vanity Pet as a reward. It's up to you.

However, you will not be able to slot the "Bonus" project until the new 14-shard project is completed (the one that rewards a Doff).
This is, uh, false.

I currently have -both- projects slotted on my FED toon, 1 from previous that I did not complete (it as 12/14) and the new one as well.
Captain
# 53
09-26-2013, 02:41 PM
whats with all the mirror ships ? as I do not remember there being that many ships in the last entity special event

Last edited by usscapital; 09-26-2013 at 02:47 PM.
Ensign
# 54 I keep getting kicked out
09-26-2013, 03:02 PM
every since the new ce mission went live I get on for a few seconds and then it says that the server is not responding. Is anybody else experiencing that too?
Commander
# 55
09-26-2013, 03:02 PM
My opinion about these "changes" (to avoid the obvious "bugs"/"reality check failure"/"trolling",etc...) would be that even the Dominion would think of this being overkill.

Here's an idea, let's start a contest we'd call "Show your most ridiculous situation in Crystalline Cataclysm!"
My first entry:
Star Trek's version of Bullet Hell: Phaser Hell.

Last edited by saurializard; 09-26-2013 at 03:13 PM.
Captain
# 56
09-26-2013, 03:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by saurializard View Post
My opinion about these "changes" (to avoid the obvious "bugs"/"reality check failure"/"trolling",etc...) would be that even the Dominion would think of this being overkill.

Let's start a contest we'd call "Show your most ridiculous situation in Crystalline Cataclysm!"
My first entry:
I should have taken a screen shot of my worst one - you literally could not see the entity with all the mirror ships and the phaser beams - more than 100 easily - could have been as high as 200 as people were just sucking them out with all types of spam. My super eng fleet excel tank could only survive for a few seconds with 20+ ships attacking + the entity
Lt. Commander
# 57
09-26-2013, 03:18 PM
[quote=saurializard;12585261]My opinion about these "changes" (to avoid the obvious "bugs"/"reality check failure"/"trolling",etc...) would be that even the Dominion would think of this being overkill.

Here's an idea, let's start a contest we'd call "Show your most ridiculous situation in Crystalline Cataclysm!"
My first entry:
Star Trek's version of Bullet Hell: Phaser Hell.[/QUOTE

Wow that's a lot of ships rofl
Lt. Commander
# 58
09-26-2013, 03:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by saurializard View Post

My first entry:
All hands to battle stations brace for impact against 2 million ships....
Rihannsu
# 59
09-26-2013, 03:26 PM
This needs to be fixed. I've run about 10 toons. It took 3 and a half hours. It shouldn't have; not on normal mode. Not even on Elite should it take that long! I had 2 runs that took me about 3 minutes, those were just fine, but then you come to the ones that are severely frakked up, and they take 30 or more each.

Bug 1: Spawn in point is littered with MU ships that do NOT stop spawning. Just had a run that we bailed after 40 minutes of time wasted. Literally hundreds of ships that we could not get through.

Bug 2. The area is littered with Tyken's Rift and Gravity Wells...I mean 100 of the damn things! O.o

Bug 3: Get close and a blackish, green cloud of I-don't-know-what spawns. This unknown thing covers the CE and most of the map. Nothing is targetable and you can't get out of it.

1 quick and bug-less run out of 10 is really just ridiculous. I hope you fix this...not let the entire event go by like one of the last ones...that was bugged for all 4 days, no fix, and you basically told the playerbase: Tough luck, kiddies.

I like a challenge as much as the next player, but some of what is happening is quite obviously bugged and needs addressing.
Commander
# 60
09-26-2013, 03:28 PM
Just did it... Quite easy as always. Just stay at less than 1km of the entity all the time, and it wont harm you (you'll be immune to the powerful atack). Yeah shoot it with some aoe too, for the shards, like volleys or warp plasma and such, and that's all.

Dont pay attention to the mobs, they dont do any damage (you all have your emergency power to shield 1, transfer shield strenghts and hazar emitters, right?)
Closed Thread