Commander
Ok, so you brought the shard event back; great.

But why on earth did you have to mess with a perfectly functioning PvE and screw it up royally?!?! NVM whether it's working as intended or not (clearly not according to what I've seen), but it was fine the way it was, why are you adding things like Tyken's too??? I can't even describe how ridiculous the Elite one is again. Reminds me of the days when 1 person shooting torps could mess the whole thing up. You finally got it right and now this - WHY???

If your post is anything like, "I have a sandwich so you can't be starving" it's time to rethink posting. ~thlaylierah
So realistically, you only need to have the exact number of doffs that you need. ~leadme2kirk
Captain
# 2
09-26-2013, 12:52 PM
Giving difficulty back to the players. Elite is meant for the "elite" (not elitists, just the more skilled players)
Chive on and prosper, eh?

My PvE/PvP hybrid skill tree
Captain
# 3
09-26-2013, 01:00 PM
Well the U.S.S. Nap time flew in as normal, emerged as normal, sleeping.

Ok seriously then. I can see it might be a wake up call but to be honest I do like it being a bit more of a challenge. Usually I just shove a load of skills to a key bind and browse the forums while spamming that one button while circling the crystal.

As someone said, elite is just that, for the more advanced players and it's a welcome addition IMO.
------
It is through repetition that we learn our weakness.
A master with a stone is better than a novice with a sword.

Has damage got out of control?
This is the last thing I will post.
Commander
# 4
09-26-2013, 01:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dahminus View Post
Giving difficulty back to the players. Elite is meant for the "elite" (not elitists, just the more skilled players)
Thanks alot Captain Obvious. This was already the case. Elite CE was perfectly failable yesterday. Something is majorly wrong now and even if that's fixed, there is no need to keep changing things that aren't broke with 1001 actually broke things in the game. All that aside, having a $500 graphics card on your 'gaming rig' to handle the hundreds of Mirror Ships is not what I call "elite" play. I like hard, and rarely play anything story related on less than Advanced mode, so no need to explain that to me like I just want a quick easy run because I don't. I want things that are already fine left alone, and #2 We don't need CE turned into yet another DPS swarmfest like NWS which is where I'm afraid this will all lead to.

If your post is anything like, "I have a sandwich so you can't be starving" it's time to rethink posting. ~thlaylierah
So realistically, you only need to have the exact number of doffs that you need. ~leadme2kirk
Commander
# 5
09-26-2013, 01:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bpharma View Post
Well the U.S.S. Nap time flew in as normal, emerged as normal, sleeping.

Ok seriously then. I can see it might be a wake up call but to be honest I do like it being a bit more of a challenge. Usually I just shove a load of skills to a key bind and browse the forums while spamming that one button while circling the crystal.

As someone said, elite is just that, for the more advanced players and it's a welcome addition IMO.
I assume you were playing Elite mode?
Since the update?

I'm sorry but 50 Terran ships circling the spawn point and lagging me to death is hardly the kind of challenge I look for.

Captain
# 6
09-26-2013, 01:13 PM
Quote:
Kudos to Cryptic. Now introduce some random element variations into all the Dailies...

Or at least when played on Elite difficulty.
Commander
# 7
09-26-2013, 01:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by roxbad View Post
Kudos to Cryptic. Now introduce some random element variations into all the Dailies...

Or at least when played on Elite difficulty.
Question, have you played the new Elite CE???

Until they add a "you have to beat normal mode 50 times first" to Elite mode, I don't care how good you are, you can waste an hour and get nothing if even a few people aren't up to par now. I mean nothing, not even Expertise.

Captain
# 8
09-26-2013, 01:59 PM
Only problem I have had with elite is when I've been with a team that shouldn't be there. I can tank 50 of those ships for a good few minutes if my team can start clearing them in chunks. It's when you get The piss poor excuse for "elite" players that you have trouble as they just do not have the skills needed for the team.

Get a good team together with some high dpsers and maybe a tank and a cc player and you'll roflstomp it.
------
It is through repetition that we learn our weakness.
A master with a stone is better than a novice with a sword.

Has damage got out of control?
This is the last thing I will post.
Captain
# 9
09-26-2013, 02:02 PM
Too bad they didn't add another subset of skills that instantly killed whining players about how tough they have it out of triviality.
Starfleet Veteran
# 10
09-26-2013, 02:38 PM
Quote:
Bout damn time. If I wanted to play with Care Bears I would go buy their game. Bring it on!!!

***Disenchanted***
Real Join Date: Monday, 17 May 2010