Captain
# 11
09-26-2013, 03:55 PM
actually thought it was fun.
the map waz zapped but its ****ing useless anyway given it has no z-axis data.

the change to terran ships was a decent change, even if their still called orb weaver sometimes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kortaag View Post
Too bad they didn't add another subset of skills that instantly killed whining players about how tough they have it out of triviality.
im guessing thats irony.
untellegraphed ohk's are bad game design since there is no skill or player agency involved in their surviving said skill, just luck.
Quote:
Originally Posted by redz4tw View Post
can you say attack pattern angry forumers 3?
Quote:
Originally Posted by baelogventure View Post
Considering Ryan broke 25k in a NX, I expect he could easily pull 10k in an Escape Pod with a Hand Phaser.

Last edited by skollulfr; 09-26-2013 at 03:58 PM.
Captain
# 12
09-26-2013, 04:03 PM
Just did it twice on my lunch.

First run...i went straight for the MUs like nobody's business. groups were just popping everywhere. Once I realized that cryptic didn't overlook removing drops I focused on the entity and the group rocked it out.

I was amused at the more I killed the more re spawn though...was cute.

All I can say is try harder, my charal has 0 player activated heals...just procs and I didn't pop.

Did normal on my alt...probably more your speed until you gear up. that is why there is normal and elite mode
Chive on and prosper, eh?

My PvE/PvP hybrid skill tree
Captain
# 13
09-26-2013, 04:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dahminus View Post
Did normal on my alt...probably more your speed until you gear up. that is why there is normal and elite mode
honestly i don't even see a convincing reason to do it on elite this 3 coming weeks. Dilithium is the same, fleetmarks is somewhat not rare anymore in my fleet.
it is faster to queue and faster to finish.
since i intend to do it with all my 7 toons, time per day is actually an issue.
Go pro or go home
Captain
# 14
09-26-2013, 04:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by baudl View Post
honestly i don't even see a convincing reason to do it on elite this 3 coming weeks. Dilithium is the same, fleetmarks is somewhat not rare anymore in my fleet.
it is faster to queue and faster to finish.
since i intend to do it with all my 7 toons, time per day is actually an issue.
Advice many should follow. I think I'll take it myself. Time is money
Chive on and prosper, eh?

My PvE/PvP hybrid skill tree
Captain
# 15
09-26-2013, 04:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by omegashinzon View Post
IF IT AINT BROKE;DON'T FIX IT! -(Elite CE)
An obvious equivocation fallacy. Nothing was 'fixed' in the sense of being able to recover from a break. It was 'fixed' in the sense of mere property change.

I do agree with what you're trying to say, however. This CE event is BS, straight up.

Helpful Tools: Dictionary.com - Logical fallacies - Random generator - Word generator - Color tool - Extra Credits - List of common English language errors - Big booty tutorial - Also, follow me on Twitter!
Commander
# 16
09-26-2013, 04:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dahminus View Post
Giving difficulty back to the players. Elite is meant for the "elite" (not elitists, just the more skilled players)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bpharma View Post
Well the U.S.S. Nap time flew in as normal, emerged as normal, sleeping.

Ok seriously then. I can see it might be a wake up call but to be honest I do like it being a bit more of a challenge. Usually I just shove a load of skills to a key bind and browse the forums while spamming that one button while circling the crystal.

As someone said, elite is just that, for the more advanced players and it's a welcome addition IMO.

Yup. Logged on, queued up for Eilte, pugged in, did my sci debuffing, died a few times, looked around and said 'whoa, that's a lot of mirror ships', ignored them from then on, entity died, got shard, forgot to grab marks, kicked self, logged off. All in that order. It took less than 10 minutes and I felt they were rather productive minutes, on balance.

Wanted: 200,000 Dilithium Special Feature Projects for Romulan skinned Fleet Holdings.
Empire Veteran
# 17
09-26-2013, 07:20 PM
Why are people raging about Tyken's? They are easy to avoid. The mission is fine once they fix the mirror spawns. They need content with varying mechanics like this.
King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride.
http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...1#post13990891
Career Officer
# 18
09-26-2013, 07:47 PM
I like the new map. It's interesting and fun. Even the mirror ships hardly pose a threat.

You're just mad they took something you could afk through and made it more challenging.
Commander
# 19
09-26-2013, 11:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by futurepastnow View Post
I like the new map. It's interesting and fun. Even the mirror ships hardly pose a threat.

You're just mad they took something you could afk through and made it more challenging.
Agreed. I have now done it several times.

Yes on elite, yes since the start of the event, and yes all as part of those horrid pugs you get in the public queues, where all those noobs apparently hang out....

On each occasion, while there have varying numbers of deaths, and the task has required varying levels of concentration, the mission has been successful.

I really, honestly simply don't see what all the fuss is about. Please don't nerf it into oblivion Cryptic. Please? [puppyface]

Wanted: 200,000 Dilithium Special Feature Projects for Romulan skinned Fleet Holdings.
Career Officer
# 20
09-27-2013, 02:40 AM
i like it too much more than before... only sad thing is that they put it closer to the planet again after it was put further away the last time of the event