Ensign
# 1 Elachi Weapon questions
09-24-2013, 03:42 PM
I have a few questions based on these weapons.

1. They are labeled as Disruptor weaponry so they should get a damage boost from Disruptor Induction Coil correct? If they don't what console boosts their damage?

2. Do the Disruptor Induction Coil bonus to damage stack? i.e. If I have 3 rare Mk. XII's that give +28.1% each I would have a total bonus of 84.3% extra damage.
Captain
# 2
09-24-2013, 06:07 PM
I was wondering about the elachi weapons too. Especially since the turrets say Polarondamage and the Cannons say Energy Damage. Someone told me that its supposed to be a Disruptor Hybrid (i wouldnt recommend Hybrids). But why they dont say Disruptor Damage i dont know.
Captain
# 3
09-24-2013, 07:10 PM
Yep, they're buffed by Disruptor Coils and the coils stack against the base damage of the weapon (before mods, Skills and weapon power are applied, then added at the end).
Survivor of Romulus
# 4
09-25-2013, 11:41 AM
Elachi weapons are a special kind of Disruptor, they are buffed by anything that Buffs Disruptors.

Elachi Turrets are a terrible idea. Why you ask, a turret that ignores shields sounds awesome.

Well you see every 100% shield breech locks out your other weapons for 5s. If your going to have a weapon ignore shields you want the biggest most powerful weapon you've got doing it. So Elachi Dual Heavy Cannons with Normal Disruptor Turrets or better yet Nanite Disruptor Turrets will be more successful.

Turrets fire more often than your DHC's so your likely hood of proccing a turret is higher.

I know Nanite weapons are expensive but your looking at Elachi weapons and Disruptor Coils so cost is already out the airlock.
I was once DKnight1000, apparently I had taken my own name so now I'm DKnight0001.
If I ask you a question it is not an insult but a genuine attempt to understand why.
When I insult you I won't be discreet about it, I will be precise and to the point stupid.
Captain
# 5
09-25-2013, 10:13 PM
If I'm going to have an Elachi weapon on my ship, the proc is a major Pro & Con.

PRO
+ Chance to bypass shields 100%
CON
- After the Elachi Proc is used, there is a lockout of further procs on the target for several seconds, a huge negative if you ask me.

With that in mind, esp. with the proc lockout on the target, you want a weapon that hits as hard as it possibly can with that ONE shot that uses the single-use Elachi Proc.

And it's not DHCs.

For me, it's a Elachi Dual Beam Bank with Beam Overload 3. A chance for 1 powerful BO3 + DBB shot bypassing shields completely is pure gold.

I'm not for Elachi DHCs, but anything else lesser than Elachi DBB or DHC for the Elachi proc is a waste.
Republic Veteran
# 6
09-25-2013, 10:45 PM
I run an Elachi DBB. Ties in well with BOIII. Three Polarized DHCs for the drain, and three Nanite Turrets aft till I can replace one with the cutting beam.

The Elachi DHCs are pretty, but the proc lockout kills having any more than one elachi weapon. A Elachi DBB is your best bet if you are going to rely on the proc.

Formerly known as Echo@Rivyn13
Member since early 2011
Member of Lag Industries ~ http://lagfleet.enjin.com/
Ensign
# 7
09-26-2013, 09:32 AM
Thanks everyone. I had extras in my bank from opening lockboxes during the discount a bit ago and figured I might as well use some of them. I'm working on Rom rep right now so these will get replaced later on with the rep weapons once I get to that tier.

I've noticed the lockout a bit already while using them and it's kinda frustrating. Noticing it when one dual cannon procs and then seeing it go to waste as I lay into the enemy is kinda sad but I'm dealing with it.
Survivor of Romulus
# 8
09-27-2013, 12:10 AM
I have a full beam build on my falchion, based around elachi, the proc block is a slight annoyance, nothing more, and for me it dosnt seem to be long before it procs again, tempted however to swap some of my weapons for nanite dis, or another dis hybrid, not sure which.
Jorhana Kreig: KDF, Tal'is: Romulan Fed, Shona'a: Romulan KDF, Johan Paul Kreig: Fed
I.R.W. Valdore gives 0 (132283) Radiation Damage to Tal'is with Thalaron Pulse. ==> Tal'is deals 132283 Special Damage to Tal'is with Immunity Matrix

Republic Veteran
# 9
09-27-2013, 11:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by johankreig View Post
I have a full beam build on my falchion, based around elachi, the proc block is a slight annoyance, nothing more, and for me it dosnt seem to be long before it procs again, tempted however to swap some of my weapons for nanite dis, or another dis hybrid, not sure which.
Don't do Nanite as it has much weaker procs. The only Disruptor beams better then the Elachi I would say are the KDF Elites (good proc) and Spiral Waves (2 full procs and 4 mods).

Captain
# 10
09-27-2013, 02:58 PM
I make full use of elachi weapons and never seem to have an issue with them. When they proc I notice the increased hull dmg applied, if not than it's business as usual like all other weapons. While yes regular disruptors is ideal to mix do their ability to lower damage resistance, using elachi weapons in general work just fine!!!
[Combat (Self)] Your Lunge deals 3252 (1916) Physical Damage(Critical) to Heavy Tactical Drone.
If you have come to the forums, to complain about the AFK penalty, than it is WAI.
MACO/OMEGA/KHG Accolade Bug Link
Praetor of The Romulan Tal Shiar fleet