Empire Veteran
# 91
10-12-2013, 01:43 PM
It is in the pve queue window, rather towards the bottom.

-= ISE: 12:19 -=- CSE 12:41 -=- KASE 11:59 -=- HSe 8:06 total =-
-= KAGE 5:43 =-
[7:07] [Combat (Self)] Your Dual Disruptor Banks - Overload II deals 123086 (41096) Disruptor Damage(Critical) to Assimilated Carrier.
Career Officer
# 92
10-12-2013, 01:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lostusthorn View Post
It is in the pve queue window, rather towards the bottom.
...........its not there..............
Empire Veteran
# 93
10-13-2013, 07:03 AM
Playing this Mission a few times now, and can only quote my above/before Posters. It's damn easy, even on elite.

Don't know, let teh Ships dish out more dmg (but not "The Finger" thing the two Uni's do in HSE) and use their abilitys more often,a nd with more power.

Besides that, i have a pure grafical feedback.
How about when Ships are destroyed, they not just explode like in normal space, but will start to drop down to teh ground while exploding. I mean, there must be some sort of Gravity in the Sphere <.<

SalemKane is Seel, still alive and kicking since 2009
Beta Tester
Gone throu the Klingon hell and back.
Your One Man solution to Elite STF's.
Lt. Commander
# 94
10-13-2013, 08:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lostusthorn View Post
Well, after getting to play a round or two on elite. The mission itself is fun, but way way to easy.
I think it could be two maned fairly well.

The Voth don't hit hard enough, it was barely noticeable that they even fired. And they also went down to fast.
And no, more ships are not a solution to that. they all will fall before a fire at will beam spam in mere seconds.
I would have to concur with this. Flying an Ark'if retrofit, I did not notice my hull dip below 100% even once until the dreadnought showed up, and even then I don't think I had to heal at all - there was no sense of urgency felt at any point.
Empire Veteran
# 95
10-13-2013, 04:20 PM
I tried it today as well. Even on elite it wasn't too bad. I died on said elite, not realizing that the Super Star Destroyer...I mean Voth Citadel Dreadnought was firing it's giant-death-lasers at me. Aside from that, had no troubles at all.

Commander
# 96
10-14-2013, 06:53 AM
Normal is fairly easy, elite isn't all that much Harder.

I've been running this in a Recluse, MK XII borg set, advanced mesh weavers.

Ive noticed that I don't take a lot of damage, if any, with one notable exception, the Dreadnought did something that had me down to 20% of my 64K hull in fairly short order, but it wasn't overly life threatening, I had time to heal back up, it did wipe out all my pets though.

The shuttle part can be utterly locked down by two players with beam arrays if they take up position between were they spawn on the side of the spire. and they can be totally static doing this, you might Consider a bit of evasive maneuvering on the part of the shuttles to make that a bit more challenging, they are attempting to escape after all.

The Engine shut down is a nice addition, it caught me a couple times trying to get to a troop ship. The plasma fires however are, well lets say that I noticed the fire on my ship, not the damage I was taking. So you might look at tweaking the damage output a bit, especially on elite.

The big troops ships towards the end also only come to the same dock every time, which makes them utterly predictable, and you can just park and kill them. They really should pick a random port to try and assault every time.

Last edited by verline1; 10-14-2013 at 07:58 AM.
Career Officer
# 97
10-14-2013, 08:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mimey2 View Post
I tried it today as well. Even on elite it wasn't too bad. I died on said elite, not realizing that the Super Star Destroyer...I mean Voth Citadel Dreadnought was firing it's giant-death-lasers at me. Aside from that, had no troubles at all.
This, pretty much. I think that it needs more telegraphing to know to prepare for it. I found myself trying to hover my mouse cursor over the (oddly flashing) buffs on the ship to try and figure out what was going on... which wasn't much use.
----
Career Officer
# 98
10-15-2013, 11:11 AM
I tried this Spire on Tribble.

I'm dissappointed in the fact it feels like another Federation blockade helping the freighters get away

Not every imaginative.

On a side note: love the new graphics and the feel of the Spire though
Empire Veteran
# 99
10-17-2013, 11:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ask4spock1 View Post
I tried this Spire on Tribble.

I'm dissappointed in the fact it feels like another Federation blockade helping the freighters get away

Not every imaginative.

On a side note: love the new graphics and the feel of the Spire though
Yeah its a clone of blockade with a different back drop. Sometimes I try to play it off like I'm wrong when trying to have fun into something new but nothing about this is challenging nor does it feel like territory control.

There needs to be more to it though for instance there needs to be some kind of advantages or abiltiies for when you as the allied group control a section of the spire which works in favor of the voth when they own it or either 2 different versions that would make it challenging for the player or npc.

Another aspect I've seen done in many games when it comes to territorial control but for STO it would have to be different based on instancing and so many ppl with so many alts. Something like a leader board for it. Just an example something like it gauging fleet population levels of active players in 1-25 50-100 100-200 300-400 401-500 member fleets where there is a leader board to see how you rank between your fleets weight class in involvement for all the characters tier 5 or more in the rep where based on your ranking you would have some kind of ability or power to invoke in these maps so it wouldn't be a pvp or pve balance issue if its limited to just the leader board content that its tied too in which this kind of thing maybe needed to help set it apart from other parts of the game to give it the feel it needs.
Empire Veteran
# 100
10-18-2013, 07:55 PM
i have been trying to play this for weeks but keep on crashing when the countdown timer to beam into the match