Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > The Art of Star Trek Online
Login

Career Officer
Hello Devs

Like the titel says why is the new Avanger class from the year 2409 using the Starfleet emblems from the year 2272?

Thanks
Captain
# 2
10-10-2013, 01:22 PM
Player characters can wear TOS, TMP, TWK, TNG, DS9 and TNG movie uniforms in 2409 even though there are more modern uniforms available. I fail to see why using an older ship emblem is a problem.
Captain
# 3
10-10-2013, 01:39 PM
Simple: Cryptics designers don't care about (in their eyes) trivial things like that.
They are much too busy in creating ugly Starfleet ships, why waste time about small things like that. They take what they find "cool" and use it.

In my opinion bridgern is absolutely right when asking things like that.
But sadly most ppl just look at the ships stats and don't care about the rest.
"...'With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured...the first thought forbidden...the first freedom denied--chains us all irrevocably.' ... The first time any man's freedom is trodden on, we're all damaged. I fear that today--"
- Picard, quoting Judge Aaron Satie
Lt. Commander
# 4
10-11-2013, 02:48 AM
This is one of those things that's just inconsistent - which ships have the TMP/TNG era emblem and which have the DS9/VOY emblem. To give a few examples, the Galaxy was usually seen with the white arrowhead but uses the yellow one in game. The Armitage (if I recall correctly) uses the white version despite being a modern design. And then there's the Nebula which was seen with both yet doesn't have either on its in game model...

Actually, this raises a question for any devs who may be reading this - how possible would it be to give us a choice of insignia (between say, white, yellow, and none) on our ships, so that we could pick whichever one we liked better/felt was more appropriate?
Career Officer
# 5
10-11-2013, 05:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawke89305092 View Post
This is one of those things that's just inconsistent - which ships have the TMP/TNG era emblem and which have the DS9/VOY emblem. To give a few examples, the Galaxy was usually seen with the white arrowhead but uses the yellow one in game. The Armitage (if I recall correctly) uses the white version despite being a modern design. And then there's the Nebula which was seen with both yet doesn't have either on its in game model...

Actually, this raises a question for any devs who may be reading this - how possible would it be to give us a choice of insignia (between say, white, yellow, and none) on our ships, so that we could pick whichever one we liked better/felt was more appropriate?
That would be a great idea.
Rihannsu
# 6
10-11-2013, 09:56 AM
Quote:

I like this too.
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Captain
# 7
10-11-2013, 01:21 PM
Quote:

You have my full support for this idea!