Lt. Commander
# 1 STF Weapons too Large
11-14-2011, 11:44 AM
I know that its probably far too late to change this but personally I think the STF weapons are too large for average to small sized characters. Is it possible to 'scale' the weapons to the body size or simply just make the weapon art scaled down some?
Lt. Commander
# 2
11-14-2011, 03:55 PM
I agree, enough of the oversized weapons please.
Lt. Commander
# 3
11-14-2011, 07:01 PM
This and camera issues appear to be the top two issues I've been noticing with MMOs these days, graphics-wise. Even a certain other MMO with "glowsticks" is subject to oversized building and starship interiors. I know why game companies have problems making buildings and ships properly scaled on the inside, but why weapons? Do they feel the need for players to be able to "see" them?
Lt. Commander
# 4
11-21-2011, 04:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatAnnoyingKitsune
This and camera issues appear to be the top two issues I've been noticing with MMOs these days, graphics-wise. Even a certain other MMO with "glowsticks" is subject to oversized building and starship interiors. I know why game companies have problems making buildings and ships properly scaled on the inside, but why weapons? Do they feel the need for players to be able to "see" them?
MK-X rifles - probably lower marks even - are already to big.
Reminds me of the "five meter sword in the hands of a female gnome warrior" - but boy he could tank ... !

It all comes together with the wish for a personal setting of uniforms and such - to give players the option to just see a standard phaser rifle instead of the pwnzr-ryfol-o-doom'ish graphics. ^^
Lt. Commander
# 5
12-02-2011, 05:14 AM
I agree, this is Star Trek, not Gears of War...
Lt. Commander
# 6
12-11-2011, 06:53 AM
These weapons are apart of a set that their bonous' they give out need to have a physical location so they might be in hte guns and sincei t's new tec it's going to be large
Lt. Commander
# 7
12-15-2011, 03:25 PM
To be fair, there is a certain amount of game-design concept to be had here. If you can easily identify what your enemy is using, you can better respond to his attacks.

It's kind of like ground combat in STO. How many firefights in Star Trek canon didn't operate on a 1-hit:1-kill (or 1-incapaccitate) structure? But that combat style would not work that well for a game, so some concession had to be made.

The same goes for building interiors, although IMHO they take that one way too far.
Commander
# 8
10-09-2013, 04:32 PM
Necromancer at work....

Still there should be slider to adjust weapon size or at least simple option to only show basic standard issue weapom if you want.

Or better yet... When "Holster visibility" is togled off, holstering the weapon simply makes it vanish with small transporter flavored effect and sound. I think there was this originally at least when changing weapon.

Last edited by radagast75; 10-09-2013 at 04:35 PM.
Captain
# 9
10-10-2013, 06:19 AM
I personally think its hilarious that my KDF science toons Batleth is larger than she is.

No seriously, it is. (I understand that intentionally making her small caused this, but the weapon really ought to scale)

http://i.imgur.com/jvNKrty.jpg
Vice Admiral Rylana - U.S.S. DNT Omega X || Vice Admiral Lyzara - I.R.W. DNT Omicron X
Vice Admiral Kailiana - R.R.W. DNT Theta X || Vice Admiral Talina - I.R.W. DNT Tau X
Vice Admiral Victoria - U.S.S. DNT Upsilon X || Lt. General Dannika - I.K.S. DNT Sigma X
Vice Admiral Shondra - R.R.W. DNT Alpha X || Lt. General Rosanna - I.K.S. DNT Iota X
=== Vice Squad/House of Tlhap-Jen ===

Last edited by rylanadionysis; 10-10-2013 at 06:28 AM.
Career Officer
# 10
10-10-2013, 07:11 AM
The MACO battle rifle needs to go on a diet. It's a bit thick in the middle. Other than that, the STF weapons look fine to me- the Adapted MACO pulsewave is pretty small, the Omega SMG is even smaller.

The KHG pulsewave and rifle aren't small, but they aren't unnecessarily oversized, either. They've got blades, man.
Closed Thread