Lieutenant
# 1 Slow updating
09-28-2013, 08:54 PM
Is anyone else having issues with the launcher downloading patching slowly? I have been trying to update for the last 20 minutes, and it is SO slow.
Starfleet Veteran
# 2
10-01-2013, 03:33 AM
yea I can second that, cant figure out why, and so far its done it twice... was just looking for the link to down load the lastest launcher direct.

address to that topic is here

However, just tried it, and still got the issue.

Finally did finish updating after 4 attempts, patching now...

Last edited by rumblep; 10-01-2013 at 04:01 AM. Reason: 0330(PST)-added link/0400(PST)-update
Career Officer
# 3
10-01-2013, 07:15 PM
I have the same issue. The patcher takes forever just to connect to the patch server and when it finally does, it patches quickly until it reaches around 60%, and then it slows to a crawl and ALWAYS, since LoR, takes anywhere from 45 minutes to 3 hours to download something that's only about a couple hundred megabytes in size and patch it. I have a 50 Mb/s connection which works fine everywhere else. It's just Cryptic's patchers having this issue. It happens for all their games as well. There seems to be a problem with Cryptic not playing nice with Verizon though, since all my friends that have this problem have Verizon as their isp.