Cryptic Studios Team
Please post any comments, feedback, bugs or concerns right here!

This group is still undergoing an internal balance pass and some final FX polish. Please leave your feedback and be part of the process!
Rihannsu
# 2
09-30-2013, 11:10 AM
If possible, could we have some information on the design intent for the various ships? It would help us find things that are out of place or not working.
Captain
# 3
09-30-2013, 11:18 AM
^^ what he said!
Career Officer
# 4
09-30-2013, 11:27 AM
indeed,i know this issue might be a trifle..but,is there anyway the beams emitting from the voth ships could be "polished" as you put it,abit more?

the beams are completely two dimensional,while that might be true of alot of ingame beam effects close up,with alot of the older beam weapons you cant see it easily from a distance because of the way the graphic is designed..

two dimensionsal beam weapons just seems out of place for a game like sto...

also with the new voth beams,both large and small,there seems to be some kind of peculiar repeating black diamond shape in the middle of the beam

whilst that might be fine for a repeating texture on the small scale...the voth beams are quite bright and easy to see

so in final summary..id suggest a view locked repeater sprite,these things were used alot in older computer games to bypass certain technical problems involving 3d objects

and also.design the repeating sprite from an image grain..what i mean by that is like sawing a chunk of wood out of a beam of wood,you could match up chunks of the same grain of wood without a relative intteruption..

or better yet,compare the voth beams graphic to the dominion polaron or even antiproton...the dominion polaron and antiproton being smooth,3d,and continuous without interruption...while the new voth beams look basically like neon measuring tape
Captain
# 5
09-30-2013, 11:31 AM
All graphics including beams are still being worked on, we want an idea of how the devs intended these ships to perform first to see if there are any areas for improvement.
Former PWE Community Team Lead
# 6
09-30-2013, 11:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mreeves7a View Post
If possible, could we have some information on the design intent for the various ships? It would help us find things that are out of place or not working.
We have a Dev Blog planned about this topic that should be out in the next few weeks. In the meantime, feel free to leave feedback on what you're seeing now

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
Brandon "BranFlakes" Felczer | Former Community Team Lead for Perfect World Entertainment
Captain
# 7
09-30-2013, 11:50 AM
Thanks birthday boy will report what i can.
Empire Veteran
# 8
09-30-2013, 12:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwebranflakes View Post
We have a Dev Blog planned about this topic that should be out in the next few weeks. In the meantime, feel free to leave feedback on what you're seeing now

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
Well they disabled voyager so quick and fast I want them to do that to me too and just blow me up with one shot. Gotta keep it canon you know... Happy Birthday
Commander
# 9
09-30-2013, 12:56 PM
Is that one mission around the spire the only way we can fight these guys? Id love to leave feedback but I had to sit around for 30 min just to get in there once and combat was sporadic enough I'm not sure I really know what these guys can and cant do.
Career Officer
# 10
09-30-2013, 01:14 PM
Well, I have questions about the abilities I've seen the Voth use. Any chance there will be a dev blog on them, too?
CHARACTER GRID (@Lord-Ice):
___ |___ _ Fed ____| ____ _KDF __ ____| Rom
Tac_|_Thomas Hale_| __ __Illusion _____| Silence (K)
Eng | ___Antilles _ _| _ Mirror Rygobeth__| N'Vek (F)
Sci _| __ Rygobeth _| _Lukor Son of Q'Tar | Devala (F)