Republic Veteran
# 11
09-30-2013, 09:57 PM
Great work on the ship designs.
Love the ongoing battle damage on the dreadnoughts, lots of detail.
A lot of tricks with them will keep things interesting once ironed out.

I do like that they have abilities against energy damage they can use and a weakness vs kenetic damage.

Please tone down the blur and blinding effects of the Voth abilities. I am not talking about the phase type ability but the bubbles the frigates hit you with that make it so you can not see your ship and the capital ship ability that makes it like you are looking at the world through jello being wiggled.
These effects spoil the great graphics and if you have larger battles later on, they will likely cause massive lag.

Love what you are doing with this season.
Starfleet Veteran
# 12
09-30-2013, 10:24 PM
Voth Dreadnought power, I guess its an antiproton lance on fire at will.

Whats the firing arc of it? like normal beam arrays? as it looks awkward when out of the nose those large antiproton beams come nearly behind it

also the beams seems still to be bugged for me from the look. large corners are in them almost looking like a tartan pattern. is it intended to be that way?
"Mei Borg is net deppat".....

Cryptic Studios Team
# 13
10-11-2013, 05:21 PM
Hey all,

A bunch of Voth Ship functionality got updated on Tribble today. If you get to do Spire Assault again, please take another look at the Voth Space critters and let me know how they're feeling!
Jeff "Adjudicator Hawk" Hamilton
Systems Designer - Cryptic Studios
Twitter: @JeffAHamilton
Career Officer
# 14
10-11-2013, 05:27 PM
they look a million times better the bastion cruiser is my favorite
Ryan- RRF Engineer, R.R.W. Vadenius (Falchion Warbird)
Brenan- UFP Engineer, U.S.S. Legacy (Assault Cruiser Refit )
Brandon- UFP Science, U.S.S.Heron (Rhode Island Retrofit)
Member since launch, LoR Closed Beta round 1, Lifetimer
Career Officer
# 15
10-12-2013, 05:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by adjudicatorhawk View Post
Hey all,

A bunch of Voth Ship functionality got updated on Tribble today. If you get to do Spire Assault again, please take another look at the Voth Space critters and let me know how they're feeling!
My first impression is that the invulnerability power seems off. It is an incredibly powerful ability, but when they kick it off, they don't DO anything with it. When a player uses their big defense buff ability, they will use it as an opportunity to light off their best other powers as well, or to retreat so they can buy time to heal. With the Voth, it feels like they are just doing it to annoy the player.
So, I am sitting alongside a Caitian Atrox Carrier at Earth Spacedock, and I think to myself "Man, that ship has a lot of windows".

Then it occurs to me that it makes a lot of sense, because cats love to sit in windows.
Starfleet Veteran
# 16
10-12-2013, 01:30 PM
Quote:
Hey all,

How we do Spire Assault? When I was on tribble the event wasn't available.
Empire Veteran
# 17
10-12-2013, 02:41 PM
Quote:
Hey all,

Only thing that changed really is the animation and an increase in hull other than that they are cute cuddly explosions.
Career Officer
# 18
10-12-2013, 07:21 PM
I like the fact that Voth ships don't always explode when destroyed. Sometimes a Ward Healing Ship will show up and revive the listing hulk. This adds an interesting new element, where keeping an eye on a critically disabled ship might pay off, but doesn't always.

This element could be applied to other ships, too. Not the healing drone, but it'd make the combat seem a little less ruthless when some defeated enemies aren't entirely obliterated. It'd be more believable that escape pods could get away when some of the hulks don't immediately blow up. Player ships might need to explode just so the 'respawn' mechanic works the same, but battlefields littered with disabled enemies (that eventually fade away when you're not looking or graphical clutter gets too much) would be nice.
Republic Veteran
# 19
10-13-2013, 08:43 PM
Well I really like how the Voth are fighting now. They are no longer a pushover. The final citadel ship in normal mode feels more like an elite mode ship now when you consider that normally only 2 ships of the fleet will be killing it since the rest of team has to take out the shuttles. In normal mode, it is way tougher then an elite tac cube.
Now this is good. But that means the elite version is likely way too hard.
Until tribble opens up to more players, I will never know as there is rarely enough players to even get the normal one going.
Also, get rid of the artificial floor, we can not longer fly among the towers after the match. That was fun to do after a match before.
Captain
# 20
10-19-2013, 11:57 PM
It was asked before, but I will ask it again: are you going to change those beam effects? They totally scream "work in progress" to me.