Starfleet Veteran
# 51
11-01-2013, 10:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by reginamala78 View Post
Personally I find they're dangerous enough. Just tried taking a spire solo (nobody else was around) with a Gal-X with old anti-borg Mk12 weapons and an Omega12 3-piece. Tac captain, FAW1, APB1, and EPTW1, and basically I just got science spammed, shield-stripped pretty quickly (20 seconds or so), and sploded. Plus for some reason my EPTS just refused to activate (not subnuced off, which is annoying enough, but refusing to turn on in the first place). Maybe if you're running around with adaptive shields and programmed keybinds its a different story, but I think for normal people they'll be plenty challenging.
Hm, I don't think the mobs that defend the spires in the adventure zone should be beatable by a single ship. After all, the Voth in the Space adventure zone have two functions: 1. Being an entertaining opponent and 2. being the Anti-AFK police.
Captain
# 52
11-02-2013, 01:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sophlogimo View Post
Hm, I don't think the mobs that defend the spires in the adventure zone should be beatable by a single ship. After all, the Voth in the Space adventure zone have two functions: 1. Being an entertaining opponent and 2. being the Anti-AFK police.
Other people are boasting that they can do so (one guy even bragging he's using Mk9 gear on a T4 ship). I brought Mk12 weapons, a rep set, even spent points on stuff like Power Insulators (for all the good it seems to do). If its as easy as they're all claiming, I expect to get it right my first try. On the other hand if a less-elite player who's only in the 8-9k dps range actually has to expend effort and even make build adjustments for different enemies, maybe they don't need to be buffed after all.
Starfleet Veteran
# 53
11-02-2013, 10:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by reginamala78 View Post
Other people are boasting that they can do so (one guy even bragging he's using Mk9 gear on a T4 ship).
I wasn't boasting. I was pointing out the deficiency of those vessels, and I am saying it should not be possible at all tp defeat one of their major vessels alone, at least not without consoles. And of course, I didn't take on an entire control point's mob alone.

Quote:
I brought Mk12 weapons, a rep set, even spent points on stuff like Power Insulators (for all the good it seems to do). If its as easy as they're all claiming, I expect to get it right my first try. On the other hand if a less-elite player who's only in the 8-9k dps range actually has to expend effort and even make build adjustments for different enemies, maybe they don't need to be buffed after all.
I just wanted to say: If you try something that should entertain several players at once all on your own, you should fail. That's a minimum requirement on the side of the NPC's.

I suggest you try to get some guys together on Tribble an do the same with 4 people that you tried alone. Or you could do what I did and take one of the smaller mobs that roam around in the adventure zone. I am guessing you will find it too easy, too.

Please, try it. If you then still think they are not too easy, I will stand corrected.

Last edited by sophlogimo; 11-03-2013 at 12:25 AM.
Commander
# 54
11-05-2013, 03:14 AM
Fun story from this weekend:

I was playing tag with the two remaining bullwark battleships from one capture point, minding my business avoiding the syphon and the occasional grav well. Insert random player cruiser pilot rushing in to 'rescue' me. Simply exploded faster than I could say 'blueberry pie'. I didn't ask what gear he had, but seeing that I assume we will get some QQ once the voth invade holodeck.

I can deal with a group of voth ships if I have room to manoeuvre, an unlucky respawn and/or add though means I have to abort and get to a save distance (if possible *cough*).
Lt. Commander
# 55
11-11-2013, 08:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lan451 View Post

Anyway! I still maintain that fresh level 50s shouldn't be able to be effective against the Voth at all. As I mentioned earlier, they already have content balanced toward them that they can complete to get themselves geared up. Let's make those Voth some nasty buggers.
If you "gate" content like that, you split the community up,
newbys will be hanging back in the STFS/ESTFS and the more veteran players will be busy
doing their thing, thats not really a good path to move down, because beeing "new" puts you in a unpleasant Situation (compare to Burning Crusade, and the Gating for endgame that was in place there, and safe me the "thats a different game!" because, the situation is the same and the problems will be the same)

So, more or less "invalidating" the Borg Stuff, and inviting everybody to the new stuff, is much better for everybody.
Captain
# 56
11-11-2013, 09:15 AM
Overall, I like where the adventure zone Voth are at, especially in the contested zone. It's possible to take/hold a tower by yourself with 'good' gear and knowledge of the game, but the groups are strong enough that they'll curbstomp fresh players/characters that aren't working together. It promotes teamwork and improving yourself/your build.

I've recently been mentoring a new player, and their first encounter with the borg was a big adjustment for them. I had forgotten how much of a stepping stone they were back when I first started as well. I think the way the Voth are right now is a good learning experience and offers some lessons about the game you really don't get with most other PVE encounters.