Captain
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 572
All we need is a basic ranking or ladder system to make pvp more enjoyable for newer players and old alike.

Visit my youtube channel http://www.youtube.com/user/Akurie369?feature=watch
or, follow me on FB https://www.facebook.com/pages/Bi-Sh...70769523107039
Commander
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 476
# 2
09-30-2013, 10:15 AM
PVP Tiers (not only in a eventual PVP Reputation) but taking into acount tiers in all reputations, cuality/colour of the gear, duties, and average dmg, score and utility (sci) in previous matches.
[That's it, Spanish and/or Hispanic Fleet]
L'Ter@lotherus - Alien Sci Officer - Wells/Destroyer
(No quiero mas reputaciones - No more rep!)
Captain
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 572
# 3
09-30-2013, 10:18 AM
If it calculated the gear quality people could join in low gear and then switch to high gear, or just use low gear and higher skill to steam roll noobs. It would have to be some scoring system that is calculated over time like StarCraft uses.

Visit my youtube channel http://www.youtube.com/user/Akurie369?feature=watch
or, follow me on FB https://www.facebook.com/pages/Bi-Sh...70769523107039
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,325
# 4
09-30-2013, 11:15 AM
I think you should journey to see the great emerald wizard.
Captain
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 572
# 5
09-30-2013, 11:59 AM
I think you shouldn't troll my thread if you don't have anything relevant to add...

Visit my youtube channel http://www.youtube.com/user/Akurie369?feature=watch
or, follow me on FB https://www.facebook.com/pages/Bi-Sh...70769523107039
Captain
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 3,525
# 6
09-30-2013, 02:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcduffie369 View Post
I think you shouldn't troll my thread if you don't have anything relevant to add...
Well here is some relevant counterpoint then.

Ranking systems, and or tiered PvP will destroy the games PvP.

Its pretty simple really... this game doesn't have the population for that type of system. I know you say but if you build it they will come... but they won't... at least not 24/7. Like every other MMO that has tiered PvP.... for 2-3 peak hours on a Saturday it will work just fine. For every other hour of every other day of the weak the population will be to low... and either the que system will have to mis match people anyway. (and give people a huge reason to QQ) or not start matches at all (again massive reason to QQ).

Let me tell you what the real solution is.

Join Tyler Durden Chat channel for now... everyone is welcome. New Old Vet Good bad Ugly. We don't mind new people coming, we don't turn away vets that drive people nuts. We auto balance every challange match ourselves... and in general we have great epic close matches.

We have also been using Mancoms fantastic leaderboard system to as quickly as possible setup matches. He was nice enough to create for us a basic team creator that uses his leaderboard data base to come up with a balanced setup.

Long term the fix on Cryptics end... is to add to the game itself a return of basic data out of everyones log to there own server. They don't even have to create a leaderboard... which will just get gamed by the games D Bag portion of the population... however in the back ground that data could be used to do the same thing Mancoms teaming tool does for us... it could balance the teams. So both sides end up with as equal as possible in terms of healing / DMG / Debuffing / and the talent (as well as it can be measured).

Cryptic should honestly sit down with Mancom and pick his brain for a few hours. With in a weak they could fix the ques. These are the steps I would take to do that if it was my game;

1) Change what it means to Que as a team in the games public que. (there is a challange system where people can que as a full 5 mans to fight other 5 mans) When I say change it I say queing as a team means you get in the same map, not the same team per say.

2) Start collecting basic information needed to assign every player a number in the factors that can be used to achieve team balance. (talk to Mancom about it he has the experience with what works)

3) Add a team balancing tool to the ques. So that when people que up the system understands how to spin every single match to ensure the games are as good as they can be.
When the messenger comes to appropriate your profits ... kill the messenger.

Last edited by antoniosalieri; 09-30-2013 at 02:32 PM.
Captain
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 694
# 7
09-30-2013, 02:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcduffie369 View Post
All we need is a basic ranking or ladder system to make pvp more enjoyable for newer players and old alike.
I support this idea.

Perhaps a 5 tier ranking?

Tie it to the individual player's win/loss ratio in each tier.

More wins than losses, player goes up a tier.

Wins and losses are balanced, player stays on current tier.

Losses exceed wins, player goes down a tier.
Captain
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 572
# 8
09-30-2013, 03:19 PM
StarCraft 2 has 2 game modes. A player can choose from ranked or unranked matches. We need a way for newer players to play without being steam rolled by uber pre-mades. There is no reason we can not have a ranking/ladder system.

Visit my youtube channel http://www.youtube.com/user/Akurie369?feature=watch
or, follow me on FB https://www.facebook.com/pages/Bi-Sh...70769523107039
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 620
# 9
09-30-2013, 03:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcduffie369 View Post
There is no reason we can not have a ranking/ladder system.
yes there is.If 2 spoiled people who play pvp say you should not have a pvp ranking system like all other mmos you should not have one.
Captain
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 1,413
# 10
09-30-2013, 03:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcduffie369 View Post
StarCraft 2 has 2 game modes. A player can choose from ranked or unranked matches. We need a way for newer players to play without being steam rolled by uber pre-mades. There is no reason we can not have a ranking/ladder system.
way to go there, so it really is "ohs noes the evil premades kill us!" all along!.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mancom View Post
Frankly, I think the only sound advice that one can give new players at this time is to stay away from PVP in STO.
Science pvp at its best-http://www.youtube.com/user/matteo716
Do you even Science Bro?
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:54 PM.