Captain
Respecced my reputation and couldn't remember whether I took this or the hull heal one. I "get" that it doesn't add itself to my listed shield regen, but here's the thing: It's not in the internal combat log (chat tab) nor is it in the external combat log ("/combatlog 1") that I can tell.

Can we please get some kind of assurance by a developer that this actually works? At all? Without it being logged there is no way to tell from our end.
Captain
# 2
10-01-2013, 02:37 AM
Well, it'd be awesome if the listed regen rate would actually reflect what's going on in general. I believe that display doesn't really work in general, except for some shields (is it Borg?). Unless they fixed that since last I checked. Dunno.
Cryptic Studios Team
# 3
10-01-2013, 12:00 PM
Didn't take much testing to verify that this ability is functioning as intended.

It's unfortunate that Shield Regeneration doesn't properly report in the Combat Log, but if you look under the Defense tab of your player status screen while in space, you can watch your shields gain an additional regen tick every 6 seconds that matches the magnitude shown on the power in your Reputation UI.
-=-=-=-=-=-
Jeremy Randall
Cryptic - Systems Design
"Play smart!"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Me
Kurland here...
Captain
# 4
10-01-2013, 01:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by borticuscryptic View Post
Didn't take much testing to verify that this ability is functioning as intended.

It's unfortunate that Shield Regeneration doesn't properly report in the Combat Log, but if you look under the Defense tab of your player status screen while in space, you can watch your shields gain an additional regen tick every 6 seconds that matches the magnitude shown on the power in your Reputation UI.
Generally if I'm in combat, I'm too busy not dying to watch for that among the noise. I did think to try testing it by removing my shield in orbit and then watch the recharge, but inexplicably shields are fully charged when installed which kind of nixed that idea.

But thanks for looking into it, Borticus. I assume the issue with this not showing in logs is similar to the reason things like Tachyon Beam don't show up?
Captain
# 5
10-01-2013, 04:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by momaw View Post
Generally if I'm in combat, I'm too busy not dying to watch for that among the noise. I did think to try testing it by removing my shield in orbit and then watch the recharge, but inexplicably shields are fully charged when installed which kind of nixed that idea.

But thanks for looking into it, Borticus. I assume the issue with this not showing in logs is similar to the reason things like Tachyon Beam don't show up?
Get a friend to blast your shields down. Problem solved.

My only gripe is that due to QQing, it's now so weak it almost isn't worth it.
It is said the best weapon is one that is never fired. I disagree. The best weapon is one you only have to fire... once.
Tired of Wasting EC and Time trying to get Superior Romulan Operative BOffs? Here's a cheap and easy way to get them, with an almost 100% chance of success.
Why the Devs can't make PvE content harder.
Captain
# 6
10-01-2013, 08:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hereticknight085 View Post
so weak it almost isn't worth it.

Depends how the numbers break down really.

My shield's basic regeneration is 190. The omega reputation says it gives 288. Which is a rather astounding jump at "nominal" power level but of course scales based on shield power level; at 125 power to shields (which this character runs all the time,), basic regeneration is 400% or 760 per 6 seconds. 288 from the reputation is a 37% increase in regeneration even at maximum power. When you compare that to your alternative which is 10% hull strength per minute (about a 25%% increase over what my Aux2SIF3 addiction can provide) I'd say it's pretty competitive.

Of course...it might not to be every facing, it might be that the 288 is split between all facings. In which case the effect is far less interesting. This is where the discussion would be so much easier if the event were logged.
Captain
# 7
10-01-2013, 10:38 PM
Quote:
Depends how the numbers break down really.

My shield's basic regeneration is 190. The omega reputation says it gives 288. Which is a rather astounding jump at "nominal" power level but of course scales based on shield power level; at 125 power to shields (which this character runs all the time,), basic regeneration is 400% or 760 per 6 seconds. 288 from the reputation is a 37% increase in regeneration even at maximum power. When you compare that to your alternative which is 10% hull strength per minute (about a 25%% increase over what my Aux2SIF3 addiction can provide) I'd say it's pretty competitive.

Of course...it might not to be every facing, it might be that the 288 is split between all facings. In which case the effect is far less interesting. This is where the discussion would be so much easier if the event were logged.
The thing is though, the original strength was 1200 per six, not this weak lamesauce 300 per six. It's pathetic. And we all know why. It was supposed to get fixed, but got nerfed to hell.

I wish they restored it to what it was originally supposed to be. But nope, it won't be. Speaking of which, hey Bort, why was it nerfed so hard, and not just fixed?
It is said the best weapon is one that is never fired. I disagree. The best weapon is one you only have to fire... once.
Tired of Wasting EC and Time trying to get Superior Romulan Operative BOffs? Here's a cheap and easy way to get them, with an almost 100% chance of success.
Captain
# 8
10-01-2013, 11:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hereticknight085 View Post
The thing is though, the original strength was 1200 per six, not this weak lamesauce 300 per six. It's pathetic. And we all know why. It was supposed to get fixed, but got nerfed to hell.
When it was first introduced, there was two bugs. Bug 1: Shield strength being restored every second instead of every 6 seconds. Bug 2: The listed number ("1200") was supposed to be split between each shield facing, not applied to all of them equally.

Your proposed 200 shield per second would increase a typical ship's shield regeneration somewhere between double and triple for absolutely no cost.
Captain
# 9
10-02-2013, 01:14 AM
Quote:
When it was first introduced, there was two bugs. Bug 1: Shield strength being restored every second instead of every 6 seconds. Bug 2: The listed number ("1200") was supposed to be split between each shield facing, not applied to all of them equally.

Your proposed 200 shield per second would increase a typical ship's shield regeneration somewhere between double and triple for absolutely no cost.
I wouldn't say no cost. It costs a small fortune to reach that point in Omega rep. It also costs time to get the omega marks. So I wouldn't say for free.
Captain
# 10
10-02-2013, 01:16 AM
I use that regen on resilient shields. Crazy hard stuff I tell you!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lt. Comm. Pion
What should I wish upon the endless universe;
To be able to smile and forgive everything;
That's right, if we light up the dream in our hearts without averting our eyes;
We should be able to walk whatever tomorrow comes...

I am V. Adm. Kha Yuung, and I approve of this message.