Career Officer
Hello everyone,

Today we released the first episode of our Purity Foundry Mission Series!

You can read about it here!

This thread is for feedback on all the episodes, whether it be on the story, or on bugs or glitches that you encounter, praise or constructive criticism, we're open to it all

So please post away and I hope you enjoy the series!

Cerberusfilms

P.S. When posting feedback about specific episodes, please say in the title of your post or at the top of it, which episode it is (espeically if it's a bug) so we can track it down easier
Career Officer
# 2
10-01-2013, 12:40 PM
[SPOILER]

I've gotten a couple reviews where the player couldn't figure out how to dock at Orbital Station Delta. Did anyone else have a similar issue?

Check out my Foundry missions:
Standalone - The Great Escape - The Galaxy's Fair - Purity I: Of Denial - Return to Oblivion
The Defenders - Duritanium Man - The Improbable Bulk - [WIP] Commander Rihan
Survivor of Romulus
# 3
10-01-2013, 12:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zorbane View Post
[SPOILER]

I've gotten a couple reviews where the player couldn't figure out how to dock at Orbital Station Delta. Did anyone else have a similar issue?
that was a bugger.. I thought the docking "spot" was above the structure in the area that looked like a shipyard.

It took a few attempts flying through the <spoiler> but i did managed to hit the marker.
Career Officer
# 4
10-01-2013, 12:49 PM
Blah if I could change it now I would edit the Objective to something like "Dock between the lower pylons" or something

Check out my Foundry missions:
Standalone - The Great Escape - The Galaxy's Fair - Purity I: Of Denial - Return to Oblivion
The Defenders - Duritanium Man - The Improbable Bulk - [WIP] Commander Rihan
Career Officer
# 5
10-01-2013, 03:08 PM
I had no trouble with the docking spot. the arrow was a little off but close enough. The rest was a "..........." . That ambush in the office. We died like we did not belong there...four times. I only have very rare mkII gear and very rare bridge officers but they were not good enough. And the captain ordering a vice admiral to man a console makes less sense than the lieutenants on Bajor ("Of Bajor") talking to a vice admiral like he has not even graduated from the academy yet. Then I get dc'd when I go to repair the console. Twenty minutes later (verify patch) I find out I was sixty seconds from the end. This was my second and probably final foundry mission. I apologize for saying too much.
Captain
# 6
10-01-2013, 03:29 PM
Putrity: Episode 1

First of all i just really wanted to say just how much i liked the scenery. Everything was really well put together and looked pretty amazing, the only problem i had with the world was that anytime i clicked on anything to sit down, i would sit on the floor, and lose the bottom half of my legs.

There were a few other things which i'll list as spoilers, even though they're not really that.

Spoilers
1) when talking to the Captain about her music, she says it's a radio station, to which my response is "you need better taste in music" or "Will do" But will do what? when going through that, there was nothing that would require me to say that at that time, making it an odd response.

2) there was a part where i'm looking at a painting of a ship in an asteroid field, heading towards a planet. The story tells me i'm looking at a group of people. Why not just say, it was a rendering of the first contact? Or generalise it so it says "while looking at various paintings, one is--" rather than "This specific painting of a ship, is actually a painting of people" I get what you're doing, but it struck me as odd.

3) The story was way too obvious. I don't know if it was supposed to be that blatant, but i was coming to the conclusions way too fast. It would have been nice to have it be a little more ambiguous either in the telling, or at least morally. It really took away from a lot of the hard work that went into making it visually impressive. Also it felt like there were a few places where commas could be used to make the writing read a little clearer.

4) The Ending was amazing. Once i beamed aboard the ship the mission became a lot better for me. I loved being in combat from the bridge, as well as the things going on. Very cool to have all that happen after the disappointment of the story. that last little bit really did stick me with that cliffhanger moment of " Crap, now i have to play part two, just to find out what happens next."

The only gripe here is that the Fire could have been pulled back a little more, just so its not coming through the force field and again, the chair thing from 1), but otherwise, the feel of being on a bridge in combat was perfect.

5) There were a few other things that could have been cleared up like the dilithium thing in the first part. I can understand giving it to the other captains, but am i giving them ALL, or just my reserve. Am i at 60% warp capabilities due to damage or giving away ALL of the dilithium, because if it's the latter, i shouldn't have ANY warp capabilities. Also they tell me to refuel at the station, but the Dilithium isn't the fuel. That's the Matter/Anti-matter, so that might need some clarifications as well.

6) "What does it matter, as long as i keep the ships running?"

GAH! Where have i heard this before? its sooo familiar, yet i can't recall. Either way, it was a good line that is going to bug me until i find out where i've heard it before.

But yeah, overall, the writing seemed really weak, which took away from the amazing level designs, but the real redeeming quality for me was that last little bit. I was a little disappointed that there were no unique rewards, yet this is being called a Featured Episode series, but that's all on Cryptic. As i said in the announcement thread, this would have been a perfect series to get an updated TR-116 rifle, but i'll post that to it's own thread.

Either way, it was enough to make me want to tune in next time to find out what happens.
Captain
# 7
10-01-2013, 03:37 PM
I agree the story was a bit obvious, and the dialogue could use a little work. Overall, though, I really enjoyed the mission. The ending bit on board the other ship's bridge was awesome.
"It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross. But it's not for the timid."
-- Q
Career Officer
# 8
10-01-2013, 04:00 PM
The story was a little eh as everyone else has said but I'm waiting to see more as the arc continues. Overall it was executed nicely, and that bridge scene? Great work on making that work. I can't wait to see what happens next!

Will the use of "..." be a recurring theme?
Career Officer
# 9
10-01-2013, 07:25 PM
I'm typing my comments as I go. The first three maps are very well done, and you sure don't waste time establishing that the people Admiral Fautor and company have gotten into bed with are bad news.

There are a few misspellings here and there, and one oddity (not really an error, as it doesn't appear to have been avoidable): After defeating the ambush miners, the next interact button says "Scan the bodies", but by that point the dead miners have already disappeared, as killed NPCs usually do.

There are a couple of points where you fight the Obani, but afterward your tactical officer refers to them as Sajan. Also, during one of these incidents (the one after speaking with Shrall) I died and respawned on the floor below. As I ran back up the stairs, some of the remaining Obani ran down the other way and didn't even see me - at least, not until I had already unleashed my Mk XII AP assault minigun on them. Anyway, it may be a better idea to respawn at the top of the stairs, perhaps in the chamber just outside the office.

On the bridge when your BOff says "She's dead, sir", I couldn't help but think that as an homage to Dr. McCoy, you should have used the [FirstName] tag instead of "sir"... just that once.

Overall, I love how you worked the game's backstory into the mission storyline - idiosyncrasies and all. (For example, Shrall being incredibly young and inexperienced for a captain - I guess 2409 has lasted as long for him as it has for us!) Most importantly of all, you have succeeded at your most important task, which was to suck me into the series for good. I can't wait to see what fate awaits my crew as they evacuate the Resnik!
Empire Veteran
# 10
10-01-2013, 07:26 PM
I saw someone give it a one-star review because they couldn't beat the first battle as a level 35.
*Bang head on desk*
King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride.
http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...1#post13990891