Former PWE Community Team Lead
Quote:
Literary Challenge #51 : The Brig
This is the comments thread for Literary Challenge #51 : The Brig.
We also have an Index of previous challenges HERE.

Feel free to link directly to the entry you are commenting on. And please remember: we're not here to tear each other up. Do not troll your fellow Captains, give feedback! Let the others know what you liked and disliked. Maybe they can even go back then and tweak their entries!

Let's get those creative juices flowing!
Brandon "BranFlakes" Felczer | Former Community Team Lead for Perfect World Entertainment
Captain
# 2
10-01-2013, 04:01 PM
Oooooh, I so know what I'm going to write for this. It's been too long since I wrote something from the Romulan perspective.
Survivor of Romulus
# 3
10-01-2013, 04:10 PM
Setall - "You have annoyed me for the last time Tovan"

I want an Armored Hatham called Fluffy!
Captain
# 4
10-01-2013, 04:24 PM
This would fit quite nicely with an idea I've been bouncing around for a few weeks. I'll think a bit on it, and see what else presents itself... Really looking forward to seeing what others come up with
Captain
# 5
10-01-2013, 04:45 PM
Oh, this is similar to a story I had in mind. One Night: Bosip's Defiance.

Which, as you may be able to tell by the One Night part of the title, is the same night as Emony's choice. But, I don't think I'm quite ready for writing that story just yet. And since the Sentinel doesn't have a Brig anymore (or anything else for that matter!) I think a jaunt to my Klingon officer is in order. He hasn't been seen since the New York one anyhoo.

A Romulan Strike Team, Missing Farmers and an ancient base on a Klingon Border world. But what connects them? Find out in my First Foundary mission: 'The Jeroan Farmer Escapade'
Career Officer
# 6
10-01-2013, 05:34 PM
Ok Bran, you have your first yarn to read. I think I got everything in order.
Starfleet Veteran
# 7
10-01-2013, 05:47 PM
Interesting challenge this time around.

I'll need to see if I can come up with anything--Drawing blanks at the moment, but I'm sure something will come to me...
Originally KiraYamato before the Account Linking - True Join Date August 2008

"Close Air Support covereth a multitude of sins." - Maxim 4, The Seventy Maxims of Maximally Effective Mercenaries

Last edited by takeshi6; 10-01-2013 at 07:35 PM.
Ensign
# 8
10-01-2013, 07:03 PM
I put in my story too Its my first post on the STO forums, but I think you'll enjoy reading it

Fleet Executive Officer
Epsilon Force
Career Officer
# 9
10-01-2013, 07:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by willvoy74 View Post
I put in my story too Its my first post on the STO forums, but I think you'll enjoy reading it
It played out well I think.
Captain
# 10
10-01-2013, 07:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by willvoy74 View Post
Verrry interesting. Good characterization, and an intriguing plot. I think the Temporal Investigation guys will conclude it's a predestination paradox - if the officer hadn't done what he did, history would have been different. The current timeline would require that he take the Kyon through that vortex and trigger the war.

There are quite a large number of issues with spacing, punctuation, and grammar, but the story itself stands.
-------------------------------------------
I'm old enough not to care too much about what you think of me --
But I'm young enough to remember the future, the way things ought to be...

- Rush, "Cut To the Chase", Counterparts