Captain
# 51
10-08-2013, 10:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sander233 View Post
I liked Cooper. A lot.
While I've featured him, or references to him, in several peices, I think this is the most I've actually shown him as more than just a background reference. Of course, this is how what becomes Marcus' tajtiq was acquired

Quote:
The "Political Officer" title (and is actual fuction) felt very Soviet Navy to me, and I liked that very much.
Of course, the title is to give him an official classification other than 'roving spy', but I was very much inspired by the Soviet Navy's Political Officers in terms of creating that cover classification (which of course, Starfleet still make a completely open secret ) for him

Quote:
You did a great job portraying Noelia as an "exotic alien." The rest of the crew were... just names really. I didn't really feel much from them.
Thanks, I was worried I'd gone a bit heavy on her, but if future LC's allow, I'll try and pad out more of the others ^_^

Quote:
That's understandable, but on the other hand, allowing someone else to come to your defense is taken by Klingons as a sign of weakness. So by defending his Captain's honor, Memeth was actually insulting Kurrozh with his actions. It's just one of those things that's very out-of-line for any Klingon to ever do. The only exception would be if Kurrozh was on trial, and stripped of the privilege of combat, and Memeth was serving as Cha'DIch.
Hmm, that's not something I'd considered, but I see what you mean, he pretty much showed Kurrozh up as a punk... I might revise that scene a bit and see if I can work it a bit more
Captain
# 52
10-08-2013, 03:30 PM
@Jonsills; once again, Grunt is Frelling Awesome.
"when you're out of Birds of Prey, you're out of ships."
Career Officer
# 53
10-08-2013, 10:17 PM
That "other thing" patrickngo and I are working is now up to Episode Six.

In related news, there was a lot of story material we had blocked out for this thing that we wound up paring back to focus the narrative. A lot of those scenes revolved around Rusty finding a sort of resolution. You can read those here in "Wave Goodbye" (one scene up now, two more to follow.)

"I won't try to hide behind the Law if what I stand for is what's Right."

The Masterverse Timeline / Ten Forward Fanfics
Captain
# 54
10-09-2013, 12:50 PM
Quote:
That "other thing" patrickngo and I are working is now up to Episode Six.

In related news, there was a lot of story material we had blocked out for this thing that we wound up paring back to focus the narrative. A lot of those scenes revolved around Rusty finding a sort of resolution. You can read those here in "Wave Goodbye" (one scene up now, two more to follow.)
Both fantastic pieces for very different reasons ^_^ I loved seeing Rusty weighing up options for his 'new dealer', and equally, loved Marq's realisation as he read Alice's letters Powerful stuff
Career Officer
# 55
10-09-2013, 05:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcusdkane View Post
Both fantastic pieces for very different reasons ^_^ I loved seeing Rusty weighing up options for his 'new dealer', and equally, loved Marq's realisation as he read Alice's letters Powerful stuff
I think the directions that both of these stories are going to take will surprise and please you.

"I won't try to hide behind the Law if what I stand for is what's Right."

The Masterverse Timeline / Ten Forward Fanfics
Lt. Commander
# 56
10-09-2013, 09:19 PM
I feel a bit shy posting my response amongst all these excellent stories! There are clearly some very talented writers on this forum.
Captain
# 57
10-09-2013, 10:11 PM
Nothing to be shy about, Hawke. That was a good story. One suggestion - after writing your story, copy-paste it to a Notepad file. That'll convert all the Word- (or OpenOffice-) specific symbols, for quote marks and hyphens and such, into the same format the forums use. That takes care of all your ?s. (I've reached the point where I just type it all up in Notepad to start with.)
-------------------------------------------
I'm old enough not to care too much about what you think of me --
But I'm young enough to remember the future, the way things ought to be...

- Rush, "Cut To the Chase", Counterparts
Captain
# 58
10-09-2013, 11:04 PM
Quote:
I think the directions that both of these stories are going to take will surprise and please you.
As I said directly above Episode Six:

*Rubs hands together ala Mr Burns*

Excellent...

I'll look forward to the ride
Captain
# 59
10-10-2013, 06:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawke89305092 View Post
I feel a bit shy posting my response amongst all these excellent stories! There are clearly some very talented writers on this forum.
Don't forget me, i'm here too!

But yeah, i totally have to agree here. That's why i stopped commenting on other people's stories, it seemed like a kid with crayons telling a painter that his fruit bowl didn't look right. I would also find myself thinking too many things like "that's not trek enough, or at all" and that really defeats the purpose of being able to come here and write. A lot of the people here really are great writers, and i'm just happy they don't tear me a new one anytime i write an entry.

With that said, never be too afraid to post, it's always good to get your ideas out there as well as get some friendly criticism on how to make it better.
Captain
# 60
10-10-2013, 06:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonsills View Post
Nothing to be shy about, Hawke. That was a good story. One suggestion - after writing your story, copy-paste it to a Notepad file. That'll convert all the Word- (or OpenOffice-) specific symbols, for quote marks and hyphens and such, into the same format the forums use. That takes care of all your ?s. (I've reached the point where I just type it all up in Notepad to start with.)
i always write mine up in openoffice and i still get the ?'s randomly thrown in.