Career Officer
# 1 10/10/13 patch
10-10-2013, 09:59 AM
after the patch today i am unable to get into the game.

the launcher patches to about 36% and crashes

bug tickets submitted

seen another thread where players were having this problem and todays patch was supposed to fix it.

not sure how many you 'fixed' it for, as for me where it wasn't broke, it is now
Ensign
# 2
10-10-2013, 11:01 AM
I am having the same issue.

The launcher gets to about 2% then says "Error 14: The connection to the server was lost" even though it appears to be receiving data right up to that point.

Not sure if it is related but Arc also keeps signing me out with the message " The Arc server currently busy. Please wait a moment and try logging in again."
Career Officer
# 3
10-10-2013, 11:40 AM
*Resolved.... for now at least

i tried disabling antivirus and firewalls, then patching to no avail.

i then uninstalled the game-cleaned drives with CCleaner- and reinstalled.

i am currently in-game. hopefully anybody else with this problem will be too.

hf kill bad guys!

now.... to reset my HUD and setings
Ensign
# 4
10-11-2013, 11:45 AM
I am finding this the worst game ever as far as updates and patching are concerned. I barely have made 20 levels worth of characters so I haven't been here long but every time this game patches or updates in breaks my ability to get into the game with crashes happening during start-up.

It usually take me having to verify all files or do some other stupid stuff. Today was like the 4th or 5th patch/update and every time the game crashes at the Cryptic logo.

The STO programming staff have got to be the absolute worst in the gaming business. I'm glad I don't have to pay for this crap (and I never will if this is the best they have to offer) and I feel sorry for those who do.
Captain
# 5
10-12-2013, 08:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fonz71 View Post
*Resolved.... for now at least

i tried disabling antivirus and firewalls, then patching to no avail.

i then uninstalled the game-cleaned drives with CCleaner- and reinstalled.

i am currently in-game. hopefully anybody else with this problem will be too.

hf kill bad guys!

now.... to reset my HUD and setings
I am on a second reinstall attempt. When I get down to 460 MB, the launcher seems to just stop downloading. Even though the launcher spins to zero, the last 460 MB doesn't seem to register. Each time I launched the launcher, the game acts like the 460 MB never existed.

I have to wait another three hours, so I can get all 7 GB back onto my drive. grrr...

I will try to use CCleaner at the end.

Last edited by linyive; 10-12-2013 at 08:06 PM.
Lieutenant
# 6
10-15-2013, 02:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by drachehexe View Post
The STO programming staff have got to be the absolute worst in the gaming business. I'm glad I don't have to pay for this crap (and I never will if this is the best they have to offer) and I feel sorry for those who do.
Oh, you never played GRO before, those guys are far the worst.