Ensign
# 1 Why Oh Why
10-03-2013, 12:38 AM
Hey all.. I'm wondering if anyone can help me. I had a mission in the foundry and I wanted to edit it. I did so and I keep getting 4 tasks to be finished and the arrow seems broken at the beginning of the mission.

I tried starting a new project and the same thing happened again.

It's really frustrating and I just want to get this mission finished.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Have a great day
Career Officer
# 2
10-03-2013, 12:52 AM
What are the 4 tasks?

Check out my Foundry missions:
Standalone - The Great Escape - The Galaxy's Fair - Purity I: Of Denial - Return to Oblivion
The Defenders - Duritanium Man - The Improbable Bulk - [WIP] Commander Rihan
Ensign
# 3
10-03-2013, 01:08 AM
text must be filled in
specify costume for dialog
text must be filled in
specify costume for dialog
Survivor of Romulus
# 4
10-03-2013, 01:20 AM
Did you know when you click on one of the errors, you'll be "transfered" to the dialog in question? This might help you a bit .
^^ I am Stoutes, and I approve of my message ^^
Career Officer
# 5
10-03-2013, 01:21 AM
Also we've had issues where there are orphan dialogues that don't belong to anything. Go to the dialogue tab and look for <unnamed> dialogues (i'm not 100% sure about it being <unnamed> but you'll see it. Click on those and delete them

Check out my Foundry missions:
Standalone - The Great Escape - The Galaxy's Fair - Purity I: Of Denial - Return to Oblivion
The Defenders - Duritanium Man - The Improbable Bulk - [WIP] Commander Rihan
Ensign
# 6
10-03-2013, 01:23 AM
Will try that. Thanks
Ensign
# 7
10-03-2013, 01:37 AM
It was exactly what you said Zorbane..Many Thanks to you
Captain
# 8
10-03-2013, 08:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zorbane View Post
Also we've had issues where there are orphan dialogues that don't belong to anything. Go to the dialogue tab and look for <unnamed> dialogues (i'm not 100% sure about it being <unnamed> but you'll see it. Click on those and delete them
This happened to me. It took a while to sort it out too. I also have dialog marked as profane but it should eventually get sorted out.
Play more STO Foundry! (You can thank me later.)

A TIME TO SEARCH: ENTER MY FOUNDRY MISSION at the RISA SYSTEM in the SIRIUS SECTOR
Lt. Commander
# 9
10-03-2013, 06:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lincolninspace View Post
This happened to me. It took a while to sort it out too. I also have dialog marked as profane but it should eventually get sorted out.
The profanity filter in the Foundry is aggressive. I had two sentences and the end of the first and start of the second was "...know about that. It's too bad..." And it took me forever to figure out that it was seeing a somewhat vulgar word for "breasts". Changing "It's" to "It is" fixed the problem.

The easiest (?) way to figure out what's triggering the filter is to copy your entire text into a notepad, clear the dialog, and start adding one word at a time to the dialog box until the filter complains. This means deselecting the dialog after each word is added in order to trigger the filter. (Just click outside the editing area.)

And don't forget that the filter also looks at the title and button prompt fields!