Ensign
# 1 Why do my DOFFs disappear?
10-01-2013, 07:41 PM
I noticed that available duty officers will just vanish when I'm trying to assign them to a mission. For example; when I have four available Technicians for an Engineering project that requires 2 Technicians and suggests 2 more Technicians for a successful mission, I assign the first two and the second 2 are in the recommended picks but when I assign the third, my last Technician will disappear. I can unselect the third Technician and the 4th one comes back but I can't assign all 4 to a mission. Anyone have a clue as to what's going on?
Career Officer
# 2
10-01-2013, 07:59 PM
Two things come to mind. Is the technician the proper faction? You can have KDF technicians in your FED roster but you can't use them. Doesn't sound like your problem however. Are you sure the 4th slot is for engineering and not another department like ops or science?
Republic Veteran
# 3
10-01-2013, 10:57 PM
The recommendations you're seeing are only for the slot you currently have selected. It sounds like any of the four Technicians would meet the requirements for the first 3 DOff slots. However, when you select the 4th slot, a Technician does not meet the requirements for that slot. Mostly likely none of your Technicians have the required trait for that slot OR it requires a DOff from another department.
Ensign
# 4
10-02-2013, 04:50 AM
Yes the DOFF is the right faction and yes that technician does meet the requirement for the last slot. The last slot is "Any" officer with Technician highlighted as contributing to a success with 2 traits listed as bonus towards the success of the mission.
Career Officer
# 5
10-02-2013, 06:24 AM
Is this from recommended picks only or from all Doffs?
If its from all then it doesn't meet the reqs for the 4th slot, best to give the assignment name so people can see.
If its from recommended.. welcome to the flawed world of Doffing, it should be easy to change the recommended calculations but.. more lockboxs
Delirium Tremens
Completed Starbase, Embassy, Mine, Spire and No Win Scenario
Nothing to do anymore.
http://dtfleet.com/
Visit our Youtube channel
Captain
# 6
10-02-2013, 06:40 AM
Hm... I think I might have an idea;

Your original post says "are in the recommended picks"...

When you say your fourth Technician disappears... what kind of DOffs, exactly, take its place?
----
Proud Supporter of the Yeager-type.
Empire Veteran
# 7
10-02-2013, 08:09 AM
I wonder if a trait is required - like shroud?
Career Officer
# 8
10-02-2013, 08:17 AM
Here's another idea..

Check your BOFF layout. Make sure that all your Boff are slotted and the department heads are in place.

This is a bug that has been happening since LoR launched and hasn't been addressed yet. The Boffs disappear form their stations and affects ship powers, and the Duty Office system.
-----------------------------------------
Enjoy and have fun!
It is a game.