Lt. Commander
# 191
10-05-2013, 07:06 AM
I just paid to get my vulcan ship this is the first real problem that I've had with STO, I'm dissapointed. I'm going away next weekend so they better not wait untill next thursday to correct this. If they do, I will DEMAND compensation for the loss of shards, any harm that has come to my fleet.
Ensign
# 192
10-05-2013, 07:13 AM
I've been trying since the last update, but it doesn't work. Crashes every time in the same place, at 75% of Cryptic's loading screen.
Ensign
# 193
10-05-2013, 07:38 AM
Yup, I think I've got an ATI card as well, could be it ... So as far as I understand most of us can't get past the CRYPTIC loading screen where it crashes to desktop, but there's also some that get to the character selection screen and then can't get past that, and some that even get in the game and it's just messing up there ...

I'm pretty certain that they don't work weekends, I mean if they'd shut the game down during weekend they'd have even more pissed off people LOL but if this ain't fixed on monday I'll just go on playing another game ... When I play a game I play the game, I don't go off and switch to something else for a while or play a bunch of games at the same time ... I haven't had such problems with any game before, and I'm already back to playing VC which might just be where I end up if this issue persists ...

And I've only been around for two weeks, but I have to say that if this twice a week update is constant, that I personally find it ridiculous ... I'm sure that they'll fix it at some point, but it's obvious that they messed up something this time, and if they put out something that hasn't been properly tested then I have to question their methods, especially with the biweekly updates ... I really don't see the point in having updates so often unless there's a serious issue that needs to be resolved ... With a game that's been around for so long there shouldn't be any serious issues! And it's really not like they made some extensive changes with the last patch, so I really don't understand why they do this so often ...

Once or twice a month should be more than enough (unless there's some serious issues!) and I really don't mind if then the game would be offline for an hour or two longer and take twice the time to patch ... it bothers me much more that I can't play it two days in the week late in the afternoon ...
Ensign
# 194
10-05-2013, 07:40 AM
I readed the last posts when I stumbled over the idea ATI Graphics could be the reason. I have ATI Radeon xpress 1100 (stands next to my keybord). Then I had an crazy idea: I had some problems with graphics. (couldn't play the stf with the borg queen because of green screen, had light problems in the updated starbase...) What if they changed the graphics bases? I read, that some of the graphics are different now. I am really no expert but it would make sense to me. Perhaps it is connected.

I am sad about the loss of the shards. I haven't also completed the last shardevent and I really wanted to finish just that one.

It seems that I will end up playing Lord of the Rings again after there is no fix in sight.

GUYS I BEG YOU!!! FIX IT!!
Lt. Commander
# 195
10-05-2013, 07:43 AM
characters loaded up fast

COULD IT BE? THIS GAME WILL ALLOW ITSELF TO BE PLAYED?

join cataclysm event for CE... immediately SERVER NOT RESPONDING

DISCONNECTED FROM THE SERVER
Republic Veteran
# 196
10-05-2013, 07:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nithriel View Post
I readed the last posts when I stumbled over the idea ATI Graphics could be the reason. I have ATI Radeon xpress 1100 (stands next to my keybord). Then I had an crazy idea: I had some problems with graphics. (couldn't play the stf with the borg queen because of green screen, had light problems in the updated starbase...) What if they changed the graphics bases? I read, that some of the graphics are different now. I am really no expert but it would make sense to me. Perhaps it is connected.

I am sad about the loss of the shards. I haven't also completed the last shardevent and I really wanted to finish just that one.

It seems that I will end up playing Lord of the Rings again after there is no fix in sight.

Oh boy you and I have the exact same problem. I also cant play Into the Hive Ground once I beam in all I see is Black no light are on and also the Fleet Starbase but only the lobby part of the base is dark once I go into the turbo lift and go to sickbay or engineering im fine I can see perfectly
Lt. Commander
# 197
10-05-2013, 07:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nithriel View Post

I REALLY HOPE THIS IS NOT THE CASE it will mean I'd have to stop playing. I was in a car crash a few months back and as a result from my injuries I lost my job, I don't have enough money to get a new graphics card!!!!
Captain
# 198
10-05-2013, 08:00 AM
ati radon...
Captain
# 199
10-05-2013, 08:01 AM
I'm not buying a new graphic card... no. f* no...
Captain
# 200
10-05-2013, 08:04 AM
downloading the manager for it to see if it'll update