Career Officer
# 1 Strange error message
10-10-2013, 01:29 PM
when starting the game a small bar appears on the bottom of the screen with the following message:

Pixel shader compilation Warning, (compile error code = D3D_OK 0x0): Shaders_processed/dyn/d3d/effects/deferred_shadow_441aafa5.phi (ps_4.0)

dont know what it means, but its new

not sure but it propably started with me getting my new graphics card, a new gforce gtx 770

otherwise my system is exactly as before

other than this message, not sure if related, but i have more graphics lags than with my old card which was a gtx 470 and it feels slower than before even when i reduce my graphics settings to basically everything lowest i get strange graphic stuttering..

would be very nice to get a fix for that as i basically bought my new card just for playing sto with max settings and no graphics lags, and now i have more than before
Survivor of Romulus
# 2
10-19-2013, 11:04 PM
good to know its not only me that is getting the errors heh

if the devs need a log file of it Ive got 38 of them in 15 mins..all saying the same thing

Quote:
Originally Posted by borticuscryptic View Post
I find this line of replies sadly hilarious. We put a lot of work into the massive list of fixes/changes above, and ya'll are hung up on the ability to skip our content. =p
Lt. Commander
# 3
10-21-2013, 04:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnsteward View Post
when starting the game a small bar appears on the bottom of the screen with the following message:

Pixel shader compilation Warning, (compile error code = D3D_OK 0x0): Shaders_processed/dyn/d3d/effects/deferred_shadow_441aafa5.phi (ps_4.0)

dont know what it means, but its new

not sure but it propably started with me getting my new graphics card, a new gforce gtx 770
I'd assume those are related to the fishiness with Dynamic Lights and Shadow stuff. Having the said lights on tanks FPS badly since LoR for me - switch the lights off and you should see a dramatic FPS climb.
~~~~[ signed by ]~~~~
FED: Mir Fnar <S>, Shillegah Z'Cknli <R,E>, Neane <E>
KDF: A'ma <T>, Ethexio <S>
~~~~[ in game since 2010 ]~[ accolades: 13,910 pts ]
Lt. Commander
# 4
10-25-2013, 07:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnsteward View Post

This happened to me a few times since yesterdays patch and I'm having major lag/ rubberbanding/ disconnect issues when switching maps.