Ensign
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 17
# 11
10-04-2013, 01:54 PM
definitely agree with this, I recently replayed the Fed tutorial mission and found that it has an armory (ok maybe not too recently but more recently than the first time) which would look awesome in my ships.
Wake@phoenixrw, Supreme Chancellor of Roughneck Alpha Fleet.
Specialist
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 2,129
# 12
10-04-2013, 02:34 PM
Wish granted. It's called your INVENTORY. You put stuff you might want to use, but you swap out regularly, in there. Swap out when needed.

DONE. End of story!
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,121
# 13
10-04-2013, 03:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wraithshadow13 View Post
pretty much. A lot of the lock box ships will have them as well, i guess to make up for only having a bridge, and nothing else inside.

Initially though, there was mention of doing cargo bays as well as hanger bays as part of the interior. The hanger was supposed to be a great way to switch between your big and small ship, and the cargo bay would have been your bank. At least i think so, it was a very long time ago, and pissed away under the whole "well they shouldn't have told you that, and they probably don't even work on STO anymore" line. Which i think Stahl was using as a "get out of content free" card, even though he himself had been doing the same thing.


Either way, to stay on topic, i fully agree that we should be allowed to either have access to our banks, or have special areas on the interior, where we can store and access specific items like our spare weapons and armor (armory) or anything else (cargo bay) that could fit inside. Also, i still feel like adding a shuttle bay to the interiors would be awesome as well, but they would have to be specific for each size of ship.
For the record:

Since F2P, there has been a "small ship selection officer" in the transporter room of every bridge. I've used her a handful of times...

There also is a "cargo bay" - attached to the DOff system, when you open it it lists all your commodities/samples/other DOffing item inputs that can be pulled from both the regular bank and the player's inventory.

For those asking about "special bridges", the D'Kora cruiser, Tuffli Freighter, and Suliban Cell ship bridges all have most/all of the "standard base amenities" - bank, mail, exchange, store are on all 3 bridges, while the freighters also have a special DOffing contact, transwarps to all the exploration clusters, and a full-access ship selection officer - and the D'Kora has a Dabo table on the bridge and is fully combat ready while the freighters are no better than T1...

However, to keep on the topic of bank access on all ships, I remember the Devs answered the question of "why don't fleet bases get an exchange" with "there would be no reason to visit a regular base if there wasn't amenities on the bases available nowhere else, and the fleet base already has options for everything but the exchange...

As it sits right now, with my Tuffli and (eventual) fleet base with tailor, the only reason I might ever find to set foot on a regular base again would be for the ship tailor...
Well, with the upgrade announcement leaving NX and Connie fans in the dust again, can we restart / revisit the T5 Connie and NX threads - since they will no longer be "truly" endgame ships... (after we get the T5 versions, it'll be time to see them added to the T5U upgrade charts too...
Rihannsu
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 814
# 14
10-04-2013, 03:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by predcon View Post
So which bridge pack has these extra features?
None of the C-Store bridge packs, just the bridges that come with the Tuffli Freighter, Cell ship and Ferengi Marauder.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 263
# 15
10-04-2013, 06:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rodentmaster View Post
Wish granted. It's called your INVENTORY. You put stuff you might want to use, but you swap out regularly, in there. Swap out when needed.

DONE. End of story!
Smartassery aside, the primary concern with this method is the way the game 'sorts' your inventory. If the game allowed for 'locking' items in the slots you've set them, allowing you to sort everything else, that wouldn't be an issue anymore. It might even be a good idea to add extra 'display X type item only' tabs. e.g. Show only weapons, show only armor, etc.
Specialist
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 2,129
# 16
10-04-2013, 08:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by predcon View Post
Smartassery aside, the primary concern with this method is the way the game 'sorts' your inventory. If the game allowed for 'locking' items in the slots you've set them, allowing you to sort everything else, that wouldn't be an issue anymore. It might even be a good idea to add extra 'display X type item only' tabs. e.g. Show only weapons, show only armor, etc.


Those are perfectly excellent suggestions to enhance a tool we already have. Rather than adding a redundant tool we already have. I agree with you. I don't agree with the OP.
Captain
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 4,492
# 17
10-04-2013, 08:38 PM
i think mass effect 2 & 3 handles on-ship gear management brilliantly.
if this was used and loot was gathered in a "scan bodies for new tech", "tag new tech for beamout"/"tag for matter re-combination" manner, it would be more star trek like and less "copy-pasta mmorpg".
Cryptic.
Figure out and address the players path of least resistance to reward. this one thing is THE consistent factor undermining all your efforts. be that crafting, raids or starbase projects.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 263
# 18
10-04-2013, 08:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rodentmaster View Post
Those are perfectly excellent suggestions to enhance a tool we already have. Rather than adding a redundant tool we already have. I agree with you. I don't agree with the OP.
Which OP? The one to whose post I replied to? Or my post what started this thread?

Quote:
Originally Posted by skollulfr View Post
i think mass effect 2 & 3 handles on-ship gear management brilliantly.
if this was used and loot was gathered in a "scan bodies for new tech", "tag new tech for beamout"/"tag for matter re-combination" manner, it would be more star trek like and less "copy-pasta mmorpg".
I haven't played ME3 yet, but that I imagine that game was streamlined for SP mode. How it relates to my suggestion that weapons and armour ought to have their own lockers, you'll have to explain further.
Captain
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 4,492
# 19
10-04-2013, 09:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by predcon View Post
I haven't played ME3 yet, but that I imagine that game was streamlined for SP mode. How it relates to my suggestion that weapons and armour ought to have their own lockers, you'll have to explain further.
your idea is to add a "personal armoury", im referencing how such was used in mass effect as suggestion for how the idea could be expanded upon, making the interior of peoples ships more important at the same time, since it would add functionality beyond alien artifact stuff and tribble breeding
Cryptic.
Figure out and address the players path of least resistance to reward. this one thing is THE consistent factor undermining all your efforts. be that crafting, raids or starbase projects.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 263
# 20
10-05-2013, 01:57 PM
Actually, a 'tribble pen' wouldn't be such a bad idea. Put it right next to the mess hall.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:17 PM.