Captain
# 31
10-05-2013, 08:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by captainpirko View Post
Not sure if Cryptic will be happy i'm disclosing this or not.... buuuuut

at the end of august i went to Dragoncon in atlanta. Micheal Dorn was there, and i got to talk to him. according to him, he's already working with Cryptic right now. he wouldnt go into more detail, but the only reason i can think of that cryptic would higher Micheal Dorn is to do voice work.

Soon my klingon comrades, we shall have some epic voice overs of our own to taunt the federation with!

sidenote: anyone else noticed that they're highering voice actors in order of security chief of the enterprise? first tasha, then worf.... probably just a coincidence.
If Michael Dorn is coming aboard for some voice work, I can only hope that means alot of good things for the KDF. It may not necessarily mean KDF exclusive, but things to put the faction in a better spotlight. And with more attention, you know... more development. We'll see, but I know that's wishful thinking.

Lastly, I hope Cryptic makes better use of Michael Dorn than the devs of Fallout New Vegas did. Dorn's Super Mutant was a character originally from Fallout 2 and brought back for FONV, but the quest involvement with him was very minimal.
Survivor of Romulus
# 32
10-07-2013, 01:52 AM
I like his updated appearance. The resemblance to Michael Dorn is uncanny, I'm glad to see they were given permission to use his likeness.

I won't join the conspiracy group, but I will say it would be rather cool to have Mr. Dorn reprise his role for STO.
http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?u=91851766000&type=sigpic&dateline=13403  39147
Captain
# 33
10-07-2013, 09:27 PM
Much better!!! Just for Men: Klingon edition with a touch of grey always works wonders.
Captain
# 34
10-07-2013, 09:37 PM
Who cares if I have to wear a tinfoil hat, I'm all but certain that Dorn is coming!

(I do wish Jennifer Hale voiced the KDF Bortas flagship captain sometimes... And with Dorn around, I wonder if we get some hintnudges at that tricolored franchise?)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lt. Comm. Pion
What should I wish upon the endless universe;
To be able to smile and forgive everything;
That's right, if we light up the dream in our hearts without averting our eyes;
We should be able to walk whatever tomorrow comes...

I am V. Adm. Kha Yuung, and I approve of this message.
Career Officer
# 35
10-08-2013, 11:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by khayuung View Post
Who cares if I have to wear a tinfoil hat, I'm all but certain that Dorn is coming!

(I do wish Jennifer Hale voiced the KDF Bortas flagship captain sometimes... And with Dorn around, I wonder if we get some hintnudges at that tricolored franchise?)
It's quite possible. Dorn has done voice work in Saints Row 2. So it's not likely he would object to the opportunity.
You will learn that Delta Rising is the best expansion ever.YOU WILL LOVE IT.
Rihannsu
# 36
10-08-2013, 01:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by deaftravis05 View Post
Worf is old because he rarely, if ever loses in physical combat.
What? You even watch the show? He got his butt kicked all the time.
My Romulan Liberated Borg character made it to Level 30 and beat the (old) Defense of New Romulus with the skill point bug.
Career Officer
# 37
10-08-2013, 01:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tlamstrike View Post
What? You even watch the show? He got his butt kicked all the time.
But it was for a purpose.

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.ph.../TheWorfEffect
Empire Veteran
# 38
10-08-2013, 01:36 PM
I'm calling it now, Dorn will appear in another Federation only Klingon episode.
toDuj 'oS rol.
Career Officer
# 39
10-08-2013, 02:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by misterde3 View Post
I think the problem behind the Klingon lifespan debate is actually a slightly different one: the old FASA materials claimed Klingons had a much shorter lifespan than humans.
60 being about the maximum on average and the human-klingon "fusions" (FASA's explanation for the forehead problem) getting a few more years, so it was based on genetics and not combat attrition.
And since people don't tend to check where certain information comes from they just grab stuff they found somewhere written by someone and run with it.
however TNG states that K'empec lead the klingon high council for more then a century and tv/films trumps all other sources.
Career Officer
# 40
10-08-2013, 02:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickcastleton View Post
however TNG states that K'empec lead the klingon high council for more then a century and tv/films trumps all other sources.
That's my point.
People grab some stuff from FASA that's outdated and run with it, like with the supposed short lifesapn.