Captain
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 3,004
# 21
10-06-2013, 02:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by oculushomunculus View Post
I ask as I am struggling to choose between Engineering and Science Captains as a romulan. Two favorite ships are the Ha'Nom and the Haakona.
roll a sci, get a leech console, done.
no reason to roll engie, especially on rom ships that are hit & run/ambush focussed.
hence their having all the cloak damage bonuses but having lower inherent defence values, making them hit harder in bursts but more squishy in a fight.
as it turns out, an intrepid would lose a fight with a connie.
and thats canon.
! the power of plot compels you.
Ensign
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 2
# 22
10-06-2013, 03:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by skollulfr View Post
roll a sci, get a leech console, done.
no reason to roll engie, especially on rom ships that are hit & run/ambush focussed.
hence their having all the cloak damage bonuses but having lower inherent defence values, making them hit harder in bursts but more squishy in a fight.
See, that's what I mean?

What is the functional difference between Engi and Sci captains that makes you say Science is the best choice? I could get all the same BoFF's as an Engie, the only difference would be a couple powers like EPS vs having Subnucleonic.

Seems like practically negligible differences.
Captain
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 1,197
# 23
10-06-2013, 05:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by macronius View Post
Where the hell is the Romulan scout ship?
It has already made it into the game as the "Commander's Gig" also known as the veteran shuttle. That I am happy about. What angers me is that yes, the model was modified and used for the Science Ship (called Apnex in Apocrypha) in "The Next Phase" (TNG). The visual Department specifically used forced perspective to make the ship look like it was about 1/3 the size of the Galaxy-class U.S.S. Enterprise-D. I fail to see why they cannot add that ship. So there would be two ships in the game that look the same just scaled differently. Big freaking deal.
Survivor of Remus
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 36
# 24
10-06-2013, 06:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidwford View Post
...So there would be two ships in the game that look the same just scaled differently...
It would be easy for the artists, and no excuse they are busy designing other ships.
Rihannsu
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 62
# 25
10-07-2013, 11:21 PM
My mains have been science captains since beta... I have tactical and engineer alts, but find them lackluster.
Go Science captain in a T'Varo. Use the universal spot for an additional science BOFF.
You won't get tier 4 science abilities, but all that extra firepower, advanced cloak, and destabilized plasma torp more than make up for it.
Most fun I've had in the game yet.
Even if/when they do introduce an end-game science ship, I'll most likely stay in my T'Varo.
Commander
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 463
# 26
10-08-2013, 01:28 AM
This thread is not asking for advice on a Science build for Tulwar, T'Varo, Dhelan or other Tac based ship.

It's not asking which ship and build is best for DPS.

It's asking for a Romulan Warbird - complete with singularity core and battle cloak - that has a Cmdr Sci Boff, SubS Targeting, sensor analysis, sci ship shield modifier, etc. As in, a Romulan Science Warbird.

Other ship classes and sci ships in the other factions - even if it's severly limited - offer a choice when it comes to Boff seating (ie ships). Rom science simply does not have this, not even in the form of a single ensign level universal boff station.

Where is the universal boff slot on the fleet Ha'nom?

Lock Box ships do not count for any faction for the sole reason that their availability is theoretically limited.

As for 'be patient', go talk to the Klingons about that...

Wanted: 200,000 Dilithium Special Feature Projects for Romulan skinned Fleet Holdings.
Rihannsu
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 11,880
# 27
10-08-2013, 08:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by carasucia83 View Post
This thread is not asking for advice on a Science build for Tulwar, T'Varo, Dhelan or other Tac based ship.

It's not asking which ship and build is best for DPS.

It's asking for a Romulan Warbird - complete with singularity core and battle cloak - that has a Cmdr Sci Boff, SubS Targeting, sensor analysis, sci ship shield modifier, etc. As in, a Romulan Science Warbird.

Other ship classes and sci ships in the other factions - even if it's severly limited - offer a choice when it comes to Boff seating (ie ships). Rom science simply does not have this, not even in the form of a single ensign level universal boff station.

Where is the universal boff slot on the fleet Ha'nom?

Lock Box ships do not count for any faction for the sole reason that their availability is theoretically limited.

As for 'be patient', go talk to the Klingons about that...
KDF players are anxious because they get less new stuff than other factions. Patience is pretty much the only viable option here.
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Rihannsu
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,425
# 28
10-08-2013, 08:37 AM
I am in agreement that the Romulan faction only has 4 Science based ships..1 (Ha'nom) You can select at tier 5, 1 if you have a fleet high enough with 4 Fleet Modules (Fleet Ha'nom), and 2 from lockboxes(Mirror Ha'nom & Temporal Science Vessel).

It would be nice if there was more variaty in the Science field of ships with their Battle cloak.

But I guess, just like how the KDF is disgruntled with True Science ships, Romulans will also have to be Disgruntled because the Federation has more, and more then likely will have more, Science ships then the other two factions combined.

Would have been nice if they had allowed Romulans access to the Tier 5+ ships of the other factions as well. Would have then made them more versitile.
You think that your beta test was bad?
Think about this:
American Football has been in open beta for 144 years. ~Kotaku
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 228
# 29
10-08-2013, 09:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by torinthi View Post
*Cough* Not a Science Ship in the slightest *Cough*
want some water bro O_o your cough sounds deadly :O
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 228
# 30
10-08-2013, 09:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stofsk View Post
*coughT'VAROcough*
Here some meds for your cough should help
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:00 AM.