Lt. Commander
Ok, this is the stupidest thing ive seen, Enterd my beta code, now for the download? You got the downloading thing all screwed up. I'm completely confused, you have me going to "other" sites to download um wtf.... someone help I don't know what im doing at this point.
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-28-2010, 04:18 PM
well, their servers are not setup to handle the load..Fileplanet is a good place plus there is a 'torrent' around if you use that..
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-28-2010, 04:23 PM
Your download should be provided by the retailer you purchased from. The downloads page was for open beta, not retail.
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-28-2010, 04:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by coderanger
Your download should be provided by the retailer you purchased from. The downloads page was for open beta, not retail.
Well it wasn't gamestop just sent an email with beta code and thats it. This is what I mean thiis thing was rushed and now it's impossible to do anything.
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-28-2010, 04:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric9248 View Post
Well it wasn't gamestop just sent an email with beta code and thats it. This is what I mean thiis thing was rushed and now it's impossible to do anything.
I don't think gamestop has their retail download up yet. After all its not set to start till the 2nd.
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-28-2010, 04:31 PM
Have you contacted your retailer? If it's gamestop, they typically provide a site and the code. If not, give them an email or call. They should help you out, unless they want to go out of business.
Lt. Commander
# 7
01-28-2010, 04:34 PM
Quote:
Cryptic do you know what your doing?.... someone help I don't know what im doing at this point.
heh

10chars
Lt. Commander
# 8
01-28-2010, 04:35 PM
Quote:
Ok, this is the stupidest thing ive seen, Enterd my beta code, now for the download? You got the downloading thing all screwed up. I'm completely confused, you have me going to "other" sites to download um wtf.... someone help I don't know what im doing at this point.
It's fair that you would need help. These things are confusing. That's what these forums are for in the first place. However, you're question about Cryptic know wjat they are doing is in reverse. It would apear that you are the one who doesn't.

Ask for help and you shall recieve.

I would have avoided the critism until you asked though.
Lt. Commander
# 9
01-28-2010, 04:41 PM
Okay sorry for the agravated rage and yes this is very confusing, I'm hyped about the game and now I can't figure out what i'm doing lol. Think i'm gonna email gamestop, but at this point i'm just mad cause i was promised a early start and it doesn't look like i'm getting it.
Lt. Commander
# 10
01-28-2010, 04:41 PM
You mean that, unlike CO and that other MMO you were involved in, you won't have an easy place to redownload? That you have to keep instructions from your original retailer, and if that retailer stops providing downloads and you need to reload, you're hosed? Or is this a "how to get your program downloaded now before we officially launch"?