Lt. Commander
# 11
01-28-2010, 05:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by coderanger
Your download should be provided by the retailer you purchased from. The downloads page was for open beta, not retail.
My retailer Atari informed me that I wont be getting a download link be4 Feb. 2nd...., so how are we supposed to play the headstart when the beta client would not work?
Lt. Commander
# 12
01-28-2010, 05:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GadgetDon View Post
You mean that, unlike CO and that other MMO you were involved in, you won't have an easy place to redownload? That you have to keep instructions from your original retailer, and if that retailer stops providing downloads and you need to reload, you're hosed?
http://installers.crypticstudios.com...0100108a.0.exe Oh look a download location. They have a whole page of downloads up currently mind you they have the beat client not the retail client. That should not be translated as if you lose your client your out of the game that is outright silly.
Lt. Commander
# 13
01-28-2010, 05:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleepwalker
My retailer Atari informed me that I wont be getting a download link be4 Feb. 2nd...., so how are we supposed to play the headstart when the beta client would not work?
Sorry for the Double post on this but in this case... Anyway they have stated before the beta client will work for headstart. It may need a patch but it should work just fine.
Lt. Commander
# 14
01-28-2010, 05:48 PM
Quote:
Your download should be provided by the retailer you purchased from. The downloads page was for open beta, not retail.
OOooo, burn!
Lt. Commander
# 15
01-28-2010, 05:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleepwalker
The beta client will work fine, in fact the patch should be up now for tomorrow.
Lt. Commander
# 16
Quote:
The beta client will work fine, in fact the patch should be up now for tomorrow.
I just started the launcher, no patch...hmmm
Lt. Commander
# 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by Codename-Hawk View Post
OOooo, burn!
As much as I hate to step on his toes though for headstart the beta client is all you get for most retailers. Gamestop Amazon Walmart Best Buy ect.
Lt. Commander
# 18
01-28-2010, 05:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by captain Brown
As much as I hate to step on his toes though for headstart the beta client is all you get for most retailers. Gamestop Amazon Walmart Best Buy ect.
We only sent them the updated installers yesterday, so it will probably take them a bit to get the new version into their download systems.
Lt. Commander
# 19
01-28-2010, 05:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by captain Brown
http://installers.crypticstudios.com...0100108a.0.exe Oh look a download location. They have a whole page of downloads up currently mind you they have the beat client not the retail client. That should not be translated as if you lose your client your out of the game that is outright silly.
I thought it would be silly that losing your client would mean you're out of the game. And if coderanger had said "You can't find the download location? Click here" it wouldn't have occurred to me. But when the response to "where do I download" is "your retailer should have given you information" - the silly explanation didn't seem so silly.
Lt. Commander
# 20
01-28-2010, 06:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgomir View Post
I just started the launcher, no patch...hmmm
It patched for me. 58mb.

There was ~240mb one yesterday too. >.> I may or may not be impatient.