Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Galactic News Network
Login

Closed Thread

Lt. Commander
# 11
01-28-2010, 07:20 PM
What happened to the already Dev Posted plan of archiving Feb. 2nd? Also, that post indicated that not everything was going bye bye...just stuff over 'X' old, so we'd still be able to find many things that were invaluable?
Lt. Commander
# 12
01-28-2010, 07:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DVanceJr
Thank goodness. Nuke them from orbit - it's the only way to be sure ...
lol. I am always laughing @ yall. Star Trek fans really are the wittiest bunch.
Lt. Commander
# 13
01-28-2010, 07:21 PM
Witiest? Nah...he stole that from Aliens, the Marine Corporal said it to Ripley.
Lt. Commander
# 14
01-28-2010, 07:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by saipan View Post
they come out mostly at night, mostly
Game over man!!
Lt. Commander
# 15
01-28-2010, 07:44 PM
Shut.. Down... Everything
Lt. Commander
# 16
01-28-2010, 07:44 PM
I have to say..

I think I've posted onceon these forums but I come on a few times a day to check out updates and also to learn some things here to not have to ask people in game.

These have been some of the most active forums I've seen, I must say.

Saying this, I am glad they are 'archiving' the posts becuase there really is some decent feedback but it shouldn't be accessible to forum viewers because of the sheer and utter excess of whining and *****ing about the game. I have never seen anything like it before. Under the guise of beta feedback, people have instead given non constructive feedback like I have yet to experience in my life. The slate should be wiped clean so newcomers aren't immediately scared away thinking this game is a pile of crap and also because it is of course going from beta to full release.

The two things I really want to get across here are
A) Stop ****ing complaining about everything. The dev's have stated they will make this game around your feedback; don't abuse that. Imagine if you have spent the last 2 years putting all your training, imagination, inegnuity and passion into this project to have an inordinate amount of people not only not appreciate the product, but voice their dissatisfaction to anyone who will listen.
B) If you are retarded enough to spend over $200 on a lifetime membership which you now regret (not because the game is *****, but because it's not exactly how you want it) then you shouldn't get a refund and your stupidity and lack of good financial decision making should in fact fund the fun the rest of us are having playing this game.
C) There are a bucket load of you that aren't in this category of people and are making great contributions to this game and this forum and should be rewarded and it is unfortunately the others sort of take away from that good.

The wife is calling because I'm supposed to be making dinner so my rant is officially over :-)
Lt. Commander
# 17
01-28-2010, 07:54 PM
ok i played the beta ive ordered the collectors pack for STO i even got two preorder codes, one for me and one for my wife. I jsut want to make sure that when i go on at 10 i will be able to just go on
is there anything els i have to do?
Lt. Commander
# 18
01-28-2010, 07:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boyders View Post
I have to say..

I think I've posted onceon these forums but I come on a few times a day to check out updates and also to learn some things here to not have to ask people in game.

These have been some of the most active forums I've seen, I must say.

Saying this, I am glad they are 'archiving' the posts becuase there really is some decent feedback but it shouldn't be accessible to forum viewers because of the sheer and utter excess of whining and *****ing about the game. I have never seen anything like it before. Under the guise of beta feedback, people have instead given non constructive feedback like I have yet to experience in my life. The slate should be wiped clean so newcomers aren't immediately scared away thinking this game is a pile of crap and also because it is of course going from beta to full release.

The two things I really want to get across here are
A) Stop ****ing complaining about everything. The dev's have stated they will make this game around your feedback; don't abuse that. Imagine if you have spent the last 2 years putting all your training, imagination, inegnuity and passion into this project to have an inordinate amount of people not only not appreciate the product, but voice their dissatisfaction to anyone who will listen.
B) If you are retarded enough to spend over $200 on a lifetime membership which you now regret (not because the game is *****, but because it's not exactly how you want it) then you shouldn't get a refund and your stupidity and lack of good financial decision making should in fact fund the fun the rest of us are having playing this game.
C) There are a bucket load of you that aren't in this category of people and are making great contributions to this game and this forum and should be rewarded and it is unfortunately the others sort of take away from that good.

The wife is calling because I'm supposed to be making dinner so my rant is officially over :-)

the gamebeta was amazing i just think that people are a little touchy about star trek. If your a die hard fan and someone is messing with your world you will either get them to do it right or there will be blood. I'm not defending the babies at all though. They are full of crap. Way to go cryptic... you brought consistency to an otherwise inconsistent series of random space opera.
Lt. Commander
# 19
01-28-2010, 08:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord_Camulus View Post
the gamebeta was amazing i just think that people are a little touchy about star trek. If your a die hard fan and someone is messing with your world you will either get them to do it right or there will be blood. I'm not defending the babies at all though. They are full of crap. Way to go cryptic... you brought consistency to an otherwise inconsistent series of random space opera.
I can agree with that. That's a good POV
Lt. Commander
# 20
01-28-2010, 10:47 PM
Oh thank god. It is upon Your Evaluations that the future of the galaxy rests!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragerx
DOnt worry I will still be here to cry and criticize the game as I preordered a copy. See you in headstart!!
Closed Thread