Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Federation Shipyards
Login

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Empire Veteran
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 475
# 21
10-14-2013, 06:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rodentmaster View Post
It's massively OP in every way. No way this ship should EVER be in the game with stats and setup like that.

Just another sign Cryptic doesn't "get it"......
We asked for a cruiser that could take on escorts, we got one.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 4,319
# 22
10-14-2013, 06:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rodentmaster View Post
It's massively OP in every way. No way this ship should EVER be in the game with stats and setup like that.

Just another sign Cryptic doesn't "get it"......
OP? Nah - not really.

Can she do escort-level DPS? No. She does good DPS, but she still isn't going to outperform an escort in that department.

Can she out-turn an escort? No. She can can out-turn most cruisers, but not escorts.
And further to that - whilst she can equip cannons, her turn rate makes her far slower to bring them to bear.

And the VATA console is very nice, but it's FAR from the first ship to include a console that grants 'special powers', and I (personally) would argue that the Vesta is better in that department.

Which just leaves hull strength - whilst higher than most escorts, still lower than most cruisers, and shield strength is good but otherwise fairly unremarkable.

So yeah, she's pretty powerful, but OP? Nope.

STAR TREK BATTLES - HIGH DPS PLAYERS NEED NOT APPY
Republic Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 149
# 23
10-14-2013, 06:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by reyan01 View Post
OP? Nah - not really.

Can she do escort-level DPS? No. She does good DPS, but she still isn't going to outperform an escort in that department.

Can she out-turn an escort? No. She can can out-turn most cruisers, but not escorts.
And further to that - whilst she can equip cannons, her turn rate makes her far slower to bring them to bear.
Since you mentioned DPS you mean PvE. The (Fleet) Avenger certainly outperforms almost all available escorts. Just use DEM3, EPtW3 and Aux2Bat with a 5 cannon build. The lower turnrate isn't a problem, STFs aren't hit and run.

Visit the German STO forum: www.sto-center.de/forum
Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/STOHellspawny
Weapon Damage Calculator: Download
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,343
# 24
10-14-2013, 08:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxxhellspawnyxxx View Post
Since you mentioned DPS you mean PvE. The (Fleet) Avenger certainly outperforms almost all available escorts. Just use DEM3, EPtW3 and Aux2Bat with a 5 cannon build. The lower turnrate isn't a problem, STFs aren't hit and run.
DPS is also used in PvP and can be tracked in it as well. A well equipped Excel' should be able to hold its own against a 5-DHC dependent Avenger. Other load-outs will vary. The Avenger may be a sort of "Queen-of-battles" for the Federation, but it will not reign supreme.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:31 PM.