Captain
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 3,623
# 21
10-08-2013, 01:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sevmrage View Post
Agreed. The Lance seems to work best when the target is stationary. Locked down by tractor beams or Warp Plasma. Shame, really. It would make a good sniper rifle sort of weapon, givven the accuracy gets a boost. Damage boost would help too, a little.
would help if you hit things when you hit things rather than putting shots clean through them and it getting called as a miss.
Quote:
Originally Posted by redz4tw View Post
can you say attack pattern angry forumers 3?
Captain
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 759
# 22
10-08-2013, 02:03 PM
Perhaps if the lance was an actual weapon as well as a console ability. What if the lance constantly fired like some sort of super heavy forward beam you get for free (i.e. you don't have to slot it, it's always there.) plus it had a special ability on a cool down to give that one big burst? Maybe that would help.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 163
# 23
10-08-2013, 02:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrathofachilles View Post
Perhaps if the lance was an actual weapon as well as a console ability. What if the lance constantly fired like some sort of super heavy forward beam you get for free (i.e. you don't have to slot it, it's always there.) plus it had a special ability on a cool down to give that one big burst? Maybe that would help.
Something like a Heavy Beam Array with a 45* arc? DPS would be comparable to other 45* weapons, might drain 12 weapon power like DHCs. I really like this idea, though it probably shouldn't benefit from beam abilities (like Overloaded) seeing as the Lance would be the big powerful shot. To keep it balanced and all.
Commander
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 484
# 24
10-08-2013, 02:36 PM
If the attack looked like a basic Beam Overload attack, three shots, each for a DHC hit, that might not be too bad. It would look cool. I think I'd be okay with it if the X got a 5th weapon slot up front. (It's still a dreadnought, so leave the four aft slots.)
Weyland-Yutani Joint Space Venture - Always open to new members!

My name is Rage, and I too support a revised Galaxy family.
Quote:
Originally Posted by khayuung View Post
Firstly, be proud! You're part of the few, the stubborn, the Federation Dreadnought Captains.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 163
# 25
10-08-2013, 03:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sevmrage View Post
If the attack looked like a basic Beam Overload attack, three shots, each for a DHC hit, that might not be too bad. It would look cool. I think I'd be okay with it if the X got a 5th weapon slot up front. (It's still a dreadnought, so leave the four aft slots.)
Might not be able to leave the fourth aft weapons slot, seeing as none of the ships (yet) have any more than eight total weapons. A fifth fore weapons slot and something akin to the Kumari's special wing cannons would be very nice, and probably fix a few things for the Galaxy-X.

Something like, say...

Heavy Spinal Phaser Beam Emitter
Federation Dreadnought Cruiser

45' Targeting Arc
10 Kilometer Range
4 sec Recharge
To Target: 650 Phaser Damage x3 (270 DPS)
To Self: -15 Weapon Power when firing other weapons
To Target: 2.5% Chance: Disable 1 Subsystem for 5 sec'


Yes, no, maybe?
Starfleet Veteran
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 857
# 26
10-08-2013, 03:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by caasicam View Post
The fact that the Galaxy-X, a ship that's quite frankly been left behind amid the power creep (coughcoughavengercoughcough), only gets two of these fancy abilities leads me to believe that there's going to be some overhaul for the ship. One that boosts it to the level of current Battlecruisers, or above.
your the second person that i read who came to that idea.
while i am seduced by this idea, i now don't bielieve this is cryptic intention.
it seem more and more clear to me that they think the ship is good as it is.
or that for some reason they don't want it to be better.

that is what i see, when i see avenger stats and new cruiser power that the galaxy x won't acces fully because it a dread while not having the stats of other dread in game.


http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...28931&page=271
Captain
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 759
# 27
10-08-2013, 03:35 PM
Considering the turn rate on the gal-x I think it would be more appropriate for it to have a 90 degree targeting arc, not to mention it is a beam instead of a pulse cannon, which typically results in more flexibility of firing arc, no?

Unless it's going to hit harder than a dual heavy cannon on its normal shots... seems a bit excessive to have it draw 15 power... especially if it's going to be exempt from boff beam powers. But if necessary, perhaps it's power could be determined by weapon power, but it draws it's firing energy penalty from aux or something?

Honestly, since I think it should remain built in and not an equipable weapon, and if it's not going to fire at will or overload, it's power source should be independent of the other weapons, give it discrete power, or dedicated power, and should be constant and unaffected by ship power level. That way your lance is still formidable even if you divert power to shields or something, and your special attack on cool down won't be uber gimped if you don't have full power to weapons at the time... just some thoughts.
Captain
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 759
# 28
10-08-2013, 03:38 PM
Also, question, I don't have a gal-x, so does the beam fire one uber shot or a few uber shots? And if it's a few, I certainly hope that all three don't miss when the weapon misses... that would uber suck. In fact it missing at all sucks considering how long the cool is...
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 163
# 29
10-08-2013, 06:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrathofachilles View Post
Also, question, I don't have a gal-x, so does the beam fire one uber shot or a few uber shots? And if it's a few, I certainly hope that all three don't miss when the weapon misses... that would uber suck. In fact it missing at all sucks considering how long the cool is...
As of now, the Lance is one-two punch, firing two 9k damage beams. However, if the first one misses, they both miss. Unfortunately, this is quite often.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrathofachilles View Post
Considering the turn rate on the gal-x I think it would be more appropriate for it to have a 90 degree targeting arc, not to mention it is a beam instead of a pulse cannon, which typically results in more flexibility of firing arc, no?

Unless it's going to hit harder than a dual heavy cannon on its normal shots... seems a bit excessive to have it draw 15 power... especially if it's going to be exempt from boff beam powers. But if necessary, perhaps it's power could be determined by weapon power, but it draws it's firing energy penalty from aux or something?

Honestly, since I think it should remain built in and not an equipable weapon, and if it's not going to fire at will or overload, it's power source should be independent of the other weapons, give it discrete power, or dedicated power, and should be constant and unaffected by ship power level. That way your lance is still formidable even if you divert power to shields or something, and your special attack on cool down won't be uber gimped if you don't have full power to weapons at the time... just some thoughts.

Was thinking a 45' arc for the fact that the main Lance is 45', and that apparently the smaller the weapon arc, the more damage those weapons do. Canonly, the Lance is an emitter, not an array, so it's just point and shoot.

Based the stats off the Kumari wing cannons, thus the inclusion of -15 weapon power, because it seems that Cryptic thinks that those uber cannons are balanced. Having it be unaffected by power levels would be pretty awesome, just afraid that it might be too much so.

Best case scenario for this idea would be for the Lance to get upgrades like this and still remain an innate ability
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,337
# 30
10-08-2013, 06:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by floppytechie View Post
Hello,

So im really liking the new cruiser mechanics
What new cruiser mechanics?
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:02 AM.